Chit Chat

Facebook Strikes Again

Just now in my newsfeed is a pic of a friend with a naked top half. Her shirt is pulled down, and one boob is pulled out of her bra. Her baby is lying with his face on her boob, his hand covering her nipple. 

Am I uptight, or is this inappropriate for FB? 
What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14

Re: Facebook Strikes Again

• I'd say inappropriate, but I may be uptight.

• Yeah, that's what I want to know. It's not like it is an artistic shot taken by a pro. It's like a cell phone pic and seems weird to post on FB.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Ummmm, that is F'ing bizarre.  Who does that?
  • I'm all about supporting breastfeeding and slips like that are somewhat inevitable while breastfeeding in public... but not necessary to purposefully share on facebook
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited March 2013
    Not inappropriate if her nipple is covered. There's actually a big fight between breastfeeding advocates and facebook. Facebook will leave up all the super sexy pictures of women that show tons of breasts, or nipples visible through fabric. But any picture of a woman breastfeeding, even if you can't see her breast at all, is taken down. It's like they hate moms or something.

Edit: As to why to post it, because it's probably a cute picture of her kid, and she doesn't see anything wrong with showing flesh that you'd probably see just as much of at a beach. 
  • not appropriate for FB at all! 

Anniversary
  • Unneccessary to post, and I would judge her for it

image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Inappropriate for FB. I can't imagine why you'd want to post a picture like that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I think it's not necessary for FB and just another example of our society's need to overshare everything on social media. Why is this necessary at all? It isn't. And it's not just moms doing it, though there IS a lot of mom overshare on FB (see the website STFU, Parents).

If she wanted to show a cute pic of her baby, there are probably hundreds of others in her arsenal that she could have put up there. She probably wanted to get a rise out of people and make it all about "ZOMG I can breastfeed where I want to." OK, but you're not helping the cause if you do stuff like this on FB of all places. Sure, go ahead and breastfeed, but it makes you look like a huge AW when you post something like this on social media just to get a reaction.

This is not a sore spot for me at all obviously, LOL.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • edited April 2013
    I don't get any boobage posting of any nature, tbh. Like, you've got nothing new or really that interesting. You would think it's Raiders of the Lost Ark or something. Dude, you didn't discover something in your shirt that anyone is going to put into a museum. Maybe you'll tent the pants of some 70 year old guy, so kudos I guess if that's all you're going for?
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Totally inappropriate and unnecessary, but I can tell you this is one conversation you don't want to get into with the poster. Women who post photos like this typically feel very strongly that it is beautiful and natural and not inappropriate at all, and they will happily give you a boring lecture about breast-feeding.
  • Oh, I have no intention of saying anything to her. I already know how that conversation would go!
  • I think it's sweet.  It's just boobs, ladies.  Lighten up.
  • That is definitely inappropriate for FB. Very

I nursed both of my kids and never took any pictures of myself breastfeeding.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_facebook-strikes-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:6dc8ee8d-e477-4d18-9ede-6f82435c6566Post:5f82dd4c-2c85-4e36-b044-102386a8d14b">Re:Facebook Strikes Again</a>:
    [QUOTE]Posting provocative photos with BOTH breasts out to "advocate breast feeding" does about as much for the cause as the float in the Gay Pride parade with oiled up men in gold speedos dry humping each other does to further the fight for equality. Both groups should be put in a time out until they learn to act like grown ups.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I am in love with your analogies! That's the second one I've read in two days that made me lol. 

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards