Rhode Island

Bridesmaid shopping in Rhode Island!! Where to go?!

Hi! Can you ladies please recommend places to go bridesmaid shopping in Rhode Island?!  I am in a wedding and in a few weeks I'll be making the trip to RI to go dress shopping. I want to help the bride out and pull together a list of places we should check out!

THANKS!

Re: Bridesmaid shopping in Rhode Island!! Where to go?!

• I think a great place to go is Main Street in EG. There are lots of shops there. Couture Bridal, The Bridal Garden, and another one that I can't think of the name of...This way, you can walk from store to store (they are all on one strip).

The bridal garden had a lot of dresses for bridesmaids when I was there last (shoe shopping last year for wedding shoes).

You can also stop into Bridal Finery at the end of the road (with the awning) to check out jewelry and pashminas or if the bride needs some jewelry or other items like thank you notes or stationary.

Then grab lunch somewhere along the way... it makes for a nice day!
  • Right out of Rhode Island in Fall River, MA...Party Dress Express...I know the name sounds cheesy but it's FANTASTIC!! I used them for my dress as well as my bridesmaids and flower girls and my sister right now is in the process of using them for the same thing for her wedding. 
  • I love Alexandra's in Fall River.

My BM dresses are from there - on Sunday's they are by appointment only and me and my BM's got very good one on one attention. I loved it. They also gave us 30% off all of the dresses because of my number of bridesmaids. =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I second the Bridal Garden (helpful), and Party Dress Express (lots of selection). I got my gown and bridesmaid dresses at the Bridal Shoppee in Warwick on Warwick Ave. The owner Donna and seamstress was wonderful and very helpful. Open saturdays might be good idea to call for appt since its a sat not sure how busy it is in January. Have fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • my bridesmaids went to Helenes in east providence. 

my mom went to bridal and gift in attleboro. they were awesome. also, bridal and gift is right next to davids.

• We also went to Helenes, they were great. You get your own room full of dresses to try on. You do need an appointment.

We also tried party dress express, it was not any better pricing and it was mayhem in there. You can not make appointments so its kind of a scramble for a changing room and you do not get any individual help.
  • I'd recommend Bridal and Gift on Washington Street/ Route 1 in North Attleboro near the Emerald Square Mall ( not int RI but very close) Thats where my dress came from. My bridesmaids dress came from Yris bridal in West Warwick. It is a small shop and is appointment only but you will be the only person at the shop during your apt. Yris Is a graduate of FIT in NY and she can alter and tailor any dress to be exactly what you like. She was very sweet and I like the idea of supporting a local business.

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_bridesmaid-shopping-in-rhode-island-where-to-go?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:122Discussion:9b685c1d-cc1a-4649-815c-7b7cc355b646Post:62310876-98f4-4431-af77-2345da225300">Bridesmaid shopping in Rhode Island!! Where to go?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! Can you ladies please recommend places to go bridesmaid shopping in Rhode Island?!  I am in a wedding and in a few weeks I'll be making the trip to RI to go dress shopping. I want to help the bride out and pull together a list of places we should check out! THANKS!
    Posted by Ekh886[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards