• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
May 2011 Weddings

Wednesday

Hello! 

My house is cold. We turned our gas heater off because it's been getting really warm in here during the day and we just never turned it back on so now it's cold in here. 
I have to go have some blood taken for some labs, and I had to fast and so now of course I'm starving. Stupid 12 hour fast. 

What are you all up to? What's exciting? I lead a boring life, give me some excitement! 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my read shelf:
Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Wednesday

• nothing exciting to add. I also lead a boring life. I am applying for jobs today. I just need to get out there and that has been a problem for me. I have no idea what I want to do so that is making the search hard and holding me back but I can't let that be an excuse anymore. We're starting to notice the pinch financially so it's time for me to just suck it up and get a full time job. 

In other news Charlie is cute as always and we are discovering more and more how smart he is! If we ask him if he pooped and usually points to his diaper and then walks towards his room. If we tell him its time to brush his teeth he goes to the bathroom and if its time for nap/bed he goes to his room. It's awesome. He seems to just retain EVERYTHING - a little sponge!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Morning!

No excitement over here! I have 12 days to lose 2.1 pounds for Dietbet. The pot is at $450 and one other person has already reached their goal and a couple others are close. I really need to start walking after work. Or maybe I should attempt doing my Walk it out on my Wii. Hopefully Chase would let me.
    Anniversary
  • Morning! I lead an unexciting life as well. H is on his way home. I am sure I will hear all about the award ceremony tonight! Work is going. I really should get these 8 projects done but I just don't want to, haha! Tonight I will make the rainbow cupcakes and chocolate cupcakes for my nieces party. Tomorrow we go to the Bob Seger concert. I am really looking forward to it!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • You can do it Kris!!!! You should have a dance party. Thats one of my favourite activities with Charlie. We dance up a storm sometimes and I really do break a sweat.

I dont want a job at Home Depot again (I worked there two summers in university) but I am applying because it is something - BOO!!

I just want a job I can take some pride in doing....not that working at Home Depot isn't great and all but for me its not fulfilling! Blah to being a grown up
  • Got my blood drawn. Thankfully they only needed one tube. It always makes me feel funny. And then after my arm will be sore forever. Like it's already sore now and I literally just had it done. 
    I'm glad I'm not the only one with a non-excitement filled life! haha! 

Echo - Good luck applying to jobs today! I know what it feels like to have no idea what you want to do. But once you get working somewhere you'll know if it's the right fit or not! 
    Kris - Good luck with your diet bet! I'm sure you'll make it!
    Degrea - Send me a cupcake. kthanks. 
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Hey everyone!

My life is somewhat exciting in that it is overwhelming - I don't think that's much better than calm.  I said to Jay last night "Remember a few months ago when we were bored with waiting around and decided to buy a house?  Yeah, I want to go back ot that boredom!"

Nine days until closing!  We picked paint colors.  I'm excited to pick flowers for our window boxes and back garden.  We have to buy a door.  I feel like I'll never be done packing - we still have the bathroom, bedroom, fragile items, and the kitchen to pack.  Plus some books.  And we have to sell some furniture.  Anyone want a queen bedroom set (with mattress) or a white leather sofa??
  • JLQ: The best I can do is post pics on the cupcakes. HAHA I don't think they would mail well.

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Joy: You will get it all done, somehow it always gets done. Good Luck!

• I applied for 4 jobs today! feels good. None of them are my dream but I am working on figuring out what that dream is...ideally I still secretly dream of being an author.....but thats not likely...or maybe I should reach for that dream.

• Yay, Echo!! Keeping my fingers crossed that you'll get one of those jobs!  And I think you should totally reach for your dream of becoming an author. Why not? The worst that could happen would happen anyways if you never try.  

Degrea - I'll take your picture and just pretend I actually have a yummy cupcake to eat! hhah! 

Joy - Good luck with the rest of the packing! 

I have to go to the mall and pick up my wedding band. It had to be sent out to have a loose stone fixed. Thank goodness it's back! I miss it. 
    my read shelf:
  • Oh my gosh I wouldn't take a paycheck home if I worked at Home Depot.  I love that place.  Just another example of how home ownership can change a person.  Good luck with the job search Echo!

Joy - you'll get everything done :)  I hate packing as well and I feel like you can't really do a whole lot to the very last minute anyway because most of the stuff you use (or think you might use)

Kris - you can do it!!

Nothing new with me.  I'm swamped at work and it probably won't let up anytime soon.  I guess I don't understand what's with the work load because it doesn't seem like I should have that much more to do lately but apparently I do.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards