Texas-Austin

Wedding Cake & DJ

Can anyone recommend a bakery or person that makes wedding cakes thats affordable?
I have 100 people attending and my budget is $300.00

I also am looking for a Dj that is at a reasonable price, and that can play hip-hop, pop, salsa, and tejano music.  I would like to keep it under $900.00.

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you!!

Re: Wedding Cake & DJ

• Check out the various bridal shows.  Usually there are alot of cake vendors at each one, offering show discounts if you book them there.  We saved 10-15% on our wedding cake, after sampling cakes at the Bridal Extravaganza and booking the one whose cake we liked the best.
  • The lady that did ours does cakes as a side business. She is in Round Top. Not sure where your reception will be. She charged around $2.50 per slice. This was 2 years ago.
    Lisa Hagemeier, 3840 Sapphire Loop, Round Rock, TX  78681.lisahagemeier@yahoo.com
    Celebration Cakes
  • Thank you ladies for your suggestions I will check it out!
  • Try HEB. Their cakes were delicious and very pretty. Not the ones on their website though, they had better cakes on display at bridal extravaganza. It's who we were going to go with until we found Michelle's Patissire. She was a bit over our budget so we're hopefully going to book her at a show since last time she offered a discount. We're also going to do a dessert bar and grooms cake in order to keep the wedding cake smaller and cheaper. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-austin_wedding-cake-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:126Discussion:b49a3a44-6217-4e51-9ebc-4a36a99771acPost:feccc23b-8d22-4b5d-b272-2273b7b02df0">Re: Wedding Cake & DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try HEB. Their cakes were delicious and very pretty. Not the ones on their website though, they had better cakes on display at bridal extravaganza. It's who we were going to go with until we found Michelle's Patissire. She was a bit over our budget so we're hopefully going to book her at a show since last time she offered a discount. We're also going to do a dessert bar and grooms cake in order to keep the wedding cake smaller and cheaper. 
    Posted by tnms628[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the ideas! :)
  • Cakes by Kathy out of Pflugerville. She was $2.50/slice I believe, so if you stick with basic flavors you can probably keep it around $300.

I used Texas Entertainment Mobile DJ -- it was $975 for 4 hours (and I used more than 4 hours) but he was great to work with. If you end up with flexibility in your budget that might be worth it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards