Chit Chat

Introducing myself?

I don't know if people do this! I am entirely new to The Knot but am looking into wedding blogs and hoping to find some people to chat with so I don't drive people crazy. 

Anyshoes, my partner and I are graduating from University--we have taken our time a little. I am 25 and she is 24. She got accepted to med school and we will be leaving where I grew up and starting a new home together in a new city. We have been together for 3 years.

For a long time we have been talking about our future and wanting each other to be in it. We stopping saying "if" and started saying "when." We recently started discussing weddings in a more concrete way rather than just a day-dreamy way. While we aren't actively planning yet and she has some intense years ahead of her in med school we are starting to collect inspiration and ideas. And its fun to look at this stuff when you're in love with somebody who you have decided you want to spend your life with. 

And I have the perspective of being a bridesmaid and a MOH for two weddings in the next 2 years. And being a guest at too many! It's that age...

Looking forward to posting with you guys!

K.

Re: Introducing myself?

• Hi K, welcome.  This is a good place to ask questions and talk about wedding stuff so as not to drive your IRL friends crazy.
  • Greetings! Have you ever seen a shooting star?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Welcome!  I am inordinately amused by the word "anyshoes".  I shall shamelessly steal it :D
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Welcome. I am also amused by "anyshoes".
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards