Gothic Weddings

venue for a gothic wedding in texas

im planning a gothic theme wedding ,i want it to be dark,romantic,and  have kind of a royalty kind of feel. its sorta like a fairy tale wedding but darker. instead of sparkles,girly girl color tones and white horse pulled carriages, its skulls,blacks,blood reds  and hearses and stuff.
im still unsure about ideas for  the venues of the reception spots

im looking for a old/historic /spooky venue for a gothic wedding. any ideas?

Re: venue for a gothic wedding in texas

• You definitely want to reach out to the local board where you'll be getting married. This is an international board, so people are from all over.  And unfortunately it's kind of dead. Pardon the pun. LOL
  • <div>If you are looking in the Houston Area, I would recommend Galveston Island.  The Ashton Villa is gorgeous. And haunted.  There is also The Governor's Mansion and a few other sites that are available for weddings.</div><div>    </div>In Response to <a href="http://gothic.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_gothic-weddings_venue-for-a-gothic-wedding-in-texas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:673Discussion:cf0e181d-1e49-4c78-9b48-8f8765df5840Post:453ec624-925f-4870-acca-6fa12b4a3aee">venue for a gothic wedding in texas</a>:
    [QUOTE]im planning a gothic theme wedding ,i want it to be dark,romantic,and  have kind of a royalty kind of feel. its sorta like a fairy tale wedding but darker. instead of sparkles,girly girl color tones and white horse pulled carriages, its skulls,blacks,blood reds  and hearses and stuff. im still unsure about ideas for  the venues of the reception spots im looking for a old/historic /spooky venue for a gothic wedding. any ideas?
    Posted by kazumisan07[/QUOTE]
  • It would be a little quirky, but have you considered an old theater? I know in some towns they have old theaters where plays are still performed. It can be as dark as youd like and it would definitley be reminiscent of Rocky Horror Picture Show.
  • wow i never thought of tht, i like it alot, its very quirky :)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_gothic-weddings_venue-for-a-gothic-wedding-in-texas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:673Discussion:cf0e181d-1e49-4c78-9b48-8f8765df5840Post:5ccd0e4f-2807-4e97-ae68-300749fb9a83">Re: venue for a gothic wedding in texas</a>:
    [QUOTE]It would be a little quirky, but have you considered an old theater? I know in some towns they have old theaters where plays are still performed. It can be as dark as youd like and it would definitley be reminiscent of Rocky Horror Picture Show.
    Posted by pattie218[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards