Chit Chat

Weirdest People You've been on a date with?

Re: Weirdest People You've been on a date with?

• All of them Pele, you tell us in depth about all of them.

• I agree with Staar. I remember BDSM, but share all of the others!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_weirdest-people-youve-been-on-a-date-with?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:507cf911-9bd3-4913-aaa8-8fa475dae30cPost:9ed411cd-792d-4c14-9d93-5f54e4b47e11">Re: Weirdest People You've been on a date with?</a>:
    [QUOTE]And yes, this is wicked entertaining. I'm even amusing myself with this ghostbusters website lol
    Posted by MuppetFan[/QUOTE]

<div>holy schnikeeees!  i am now late for work, because i was going through these sites.  AH-MAZING.  i just can't get past the idea of when someone would wear the ecto goggles...</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    201 Invited image 139 Attending image 20 Declined image 42 Are making me wait image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_weirdest-people-youve-been-on-a-date-with?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:507cf911-9bd3-4913-aaa8-8fa475dae30cPost:12c709e6-f3dd-4256-98fd-55ebd2694fdd">Re: Weirdest People You've been on a date with?</a>:
    [QUOTE]All of them Pele, you tell us in depth about all of them.
    Posted by staar987[/QUOTE]

<div>cosigned, me.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    201 Invited image 139 Attending image 20 Declined image 42 Are making me wait image
  • In Response to Re:Weirdest People You've been on a date with?:[QUOTE]I agree with Staar. I remember BDSM, but share all of the others! Posted by Sharpschruter22[/QUOTE]

Cosigned, me too!
    You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. - Barbara DeAngelis
  • Spill the beans pele!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_weirdest-people-youve-been-on-a-date-with?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:507cf911-9bd3-4913-aaa8-8fa475dae30cPost:8ccc07e2-f543-4afc-a0d2-dc25aaaf76e5">Re:Weirdest People You've been on a date with?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Weirdest People You've been on a date with?: I'll take that bet.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

- When We were really little, my best friend and I pretended we were ghostbuster wives (maybe that's why ghostbuster guy intrigued me a little at first)

- I enjoy school and writing papers. I always sat at the front of the class. I was Lisa Simpson.

- I love Law, I listen to court trials and read transcripts of them as a hobby. I ran the Mock Trial group at school from middle school through high school. I was accepted to Suffolk for law but declined because of a boy and have regretted it since. However, I deal with international law for my job and am now intrigued with the position.

-Middle school through college, and then again for a few years in adult life, I played a text-based RPG called "Dragonrealms" where I was a distinguished Paladin, a Moon Mage and an Empath. 

- I used to travel all over the northeast to go to ren faires.

- I used to play D&D, I miss it but my friends don't live near me and FI thinks its weird if I join the local group of male nerds. I draw the line at LARPs (though I did play Vampire in high school)

- I played WOW for several years. Now I just don't have the time...or strong enough computer to handle raids

- I have a Muppet Shrine.

- I have a collection of Dr. Who things, my dad is building me a TARDIS book shelf

- My favorite movies are the Labyrinth and the Goonies

- My favorite shows: Doctor Who, Star Trek, All Star Gates, Battlestar Gallactica, Firefly, Bones, Criminal Minds, Walking Dead, Big Bang Theory, Quantum Leap... and I just started watching Game of Thrones finally.

I think that is a good overview of my nerd/geek.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_weirdest-people-youve-been-on-a-date-with?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:507cf911-9bd3-4913-aaa8-8fa475dae30cPost:7005cfb8-915a-431f-8535-a5c8a7820cc8">Re:Weirdest People You've been on a date with?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Weirdest People You've been on a date with?: Cosigned, me too!
    Posted by StephJean83[/QUOTE]

Cosigned me, like 10. This is valuable entertainment. You must spill!!
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_weirdest-people-youve-been-on-a-date-with?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:507cf911-9bd3-4913-aaa8-8fa475dae30cPost:7a6955f2-dab6-4764-8b67-c3cb5ac521cd">Re: Weirdest People You've been on a date with?f</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weirdest People You've been on a date with? : YES. There are actually blueprints and CAD drawings that people sell to make them and people sell the spare parts. A few guys have a mold that they will make the outer part out of fiberglass withy. From there, you have to buy the rest separately often in pieces because to buy a put together proton pack, it was between $500 and $2000k. This guy had 3 proton packs of various price ranges and features and he was telling me this like it was an investment. The expensive one vibrates, lights up, and projects some sort of beam. He buys the lights that people hook up to them from China at a few dollars a piece, and resells them for say, $20.00 a piece. After all of the postage and expenses are said and done, he makes like $10 pre order. He thought he might be able to make a living off of this because he's getting about 10-20 orders per month.  Then, he showed me that these metal backplates are really expensive to buy and wanted me to find out if I could supply them to him from my metal shop at work real cheap.  The ghost trap just made a noise but it looked like the movie one. He was very proud of his suits.They are basically khaki flight suits that he got from an army store....and he orders VERY official patches online. People actually cater to this specifically. So he had his name on it and a special patch from the local ghostbuster club that has the shape of the state of NH on it. At the time, he was having a fight with the organization and they wanted his patch back. Holy crap - I found their website: <a href="http://ghostbustersnh.com/" rel="nofollow">http://ghostbustersnh.com/</a>    <strong>You can see their proton packs, the special NH logo....and THE GUY!!! He is in the back row, 4th from the left.</strong> And here's the equipment!!! <a href="http://ghostbustersnh.com/equipment" rel="nofollow">http://ghostbustersnh.com/equipment</a>  bahahahahhahaa

Not gonna lie he is pretty darn good looking!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Haha, you guys are relentless.  I don't know if I have the time to type out all of them though.  I'm not kidding when I say that I've often thought of writing a humorous novel about my epic fail dating history.

Hrm.... how about Magic Boy.

So, immediately after BDSM Boy, I was a tad burned by the whole "normal looking guys who randomly turn into cray cray", and decided that I needed a hobby.  This was in college, so I needed something that would let me have a weird schedule on the weekends.  

Enter the local Renaissance Faire.  I talked to one of my friend's exes, who worked the faire, and he got me a jole in it (Famous painter Anne Anymous anyone?  Surely you've seen my work?).  It was a lot of fun.  Unfortunately I was young and my horomones were high, so I noticed that the faire's magician who ran their primo show was ..... rather hawt.

I started hanging out with him, admired how charismatic and charming (and hawt) he was, and started to have fluttery feelings for him.  He noticed and graciously started to sleep with me on occasion.  After a few weeks, I got to see his home.

His house was covered in magic items and random 'mystical' kitsche.  No big deal, dude lives by this stuff.  I personally would want a break from it, but whatevs, he's hawt.

He then brings me to a room in his house that has it's walls draped in black cloth.  There is a pentagram in the middle of the floor, and random things he thought were magical (goat skull, some sort of spear, etc).  He helpfully explains "I am actually a descendant of Merlin, and I have the ability to channel spirits. Would you like to see?"

I examined my options, took a moment to mourn his very very very hawt body, then got the heck outta there.

It is at this point that I make a new rule for myself:  I under no circumstances go to any man's home or family's home unless I've been dating him for a year.  Minimum.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• MuppetFanMuppetFan member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_weirdest-people-youve-been-on-a-date-with?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:507cf911-9bd3-4913-aaa8-8fa475dae30cPost:982c8bef-284c-47e0-8cec-de91e6653a13">Re: Weirdest People You've been on a date with?f</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weirdest People You've been on a date with?f : Not gonna lie he is pretty darn good looking!
    Posted by rel1988[/QUOTE]

Which is why I agreed to a date. I didn't realize he was a total weirdo or like my height...or close to it. I'm 5'3

(Edited for clarity)
    image   imageimage

• MuppetFanMuppetFan member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_weirdest-people-youve-been-on-a-date-with?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:507cf911-9bd3-4913-aaa8-8fa475dae30cPost:a21f64b5-aa08-43f7-80a9-72736f385d3c">Re: Weirdest People You've been on a date with?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha, you guys are relentless.  I don't know if I have the time to type out all of them though.  I'm not kidding when I say that I've often thought of writing a humorous novel about my epic fail dating history. Hrm.... how about Magic Boy. So, immediately after BDSM Boy, I was a tad burned by the whole "normal looking guys who randomly turn into cray cray", and decided that I needed a hobby.  This was in college, so I needed something that would let me have a weird schedule on the weekends.   Enter the local Renaissance Faire.  I talked to one of my friend's exes, who worked the faire, and he got me a jole in it (Famous painter Anne Anymous anyone?  Surely you've seen my work?).  It was a lot of fun.  Unfortunately I was young and my horomones were high, so I noticed that the faire's magician who ran their primo show was ..... rather hawt. I started hanging out with him, admired how charismatic and charming (and hawt) he was, and started to have fluttery feelings for him.  He noticed and graciously started to sleep with me on occasion.  After a few weeks, I got to see his home. His house was covered in magic items and random 'mystical' kitsche.  No big deal, dude lives by this stuff.  I personally would want a break from it, but whatevs, he's hawt. He then brings me to a room in his house that has it's walls draped in black cloth.  There is a pentagram in the middle of the floor, and random things he thought were magical (goat skull, some sort of spear, etc).  He helpfully explains "I am actually a descendant of Merlin, and I have the ability to channel spirits. Would you like to see?" I examined my options, took a moment to mourn his very very very hawt body, then got the heck outta there. It is at this point that I make a new rule for myself:  I under no circumstances go to any man's home or family's home unless I've been dating him for a year.  Minimum.
    Posted by Peledreamsofrain[/QUOTE]

What if he really was a decendent of Merlin and had magic channelling abilities?? Then you'd have hawtness, beautiful babise and perhaps have eternal youth. Maybe he could make the house do the chores and the cooking too!
    image   imageimage

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_weirdest-people-youve-been-on-a-date-with?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:507cf911-9bd3-4913-aaa8-8fa475dae30cPost:d12a5eac-0255-4bf6-8c04-44bb2e08afe2">Re: Weirdest People You've been on a date with?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weirdest People You've been on a date with? : What if he really was a decendent of Merlin and had magic channelling abilities?? Then you'd have hawtness, beautiful babise and perhaps have eternal youth. Maybe he could make the house do the chores and the cooking too!

Muppet.  Get out of my brain space.  ahahahahahaha

Pele: AWEsome.  I am actually working on writing all of mine up with some of my friends.  We probably won't ever do anything with it, but, it is fun to coordinate all the stories.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Heehee maybe I did miss out big time. The guy was a total slut though, so it ws probably his juvenile way of driving off girls he got tired of.

Anniversary

• A guy I dated for a few months spent the night before our first date in the ER because he got wasted (one of his favorite hobbies) and tried to hurdle a giant realator sign in someone's yard. He got a gash on his chin that ran to the bone and broke a tooth in half, and bragged about it. He brought me (then 20 years old) booze and I entertained his alcoholism through the summer of my 21st birthday. He eventually started drinking to the point of wetting the bed.

You know what they say.. Pee on me once, shame on you. Pee on me twice, shame on me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    J + A [4-15-13] + JJ [1-22-14] 
  • Wow.  Clearly I missed out.

I used to work in a bridal salon, and about 3 weeks before I broke off my engagement, we had a groomsman come in to pick up his tux for a wedding.  He spent about 20 minutes chatting me up, and since it wasn't in yet, he had to come back the next day.  I was off, and the old bitties who worked there said he came in dying to talk to me, and left his phone number.  About a week after I broke off my engagement, he took me out to dinner.  I told him my food restrictions (I'm celiac), and let him take it from there.  He showed up at my house with zero idea of where to go, just that we were going to a little town in MD, and I had to pick the restaurant when we got there.  He spent the entire time telling me he had an MS in Microbiology, and continuously used the word "scientifical", which made me cringe.

At the end of dinner, he took me to the top of a parking garage to see the DC skyline.  I was creeped out, because, well, it's a parking garage, and asked him to take me home.  I fell asleep in the car on the way back to my parents house.  I hugged him, and he spent about a week texting me and I ignored every one of them.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_weirdest-people-youve-been-on-a-date-with?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:507cf911-9bd3-4913-aaa8-8fa475dae30cPost:70c79ad2-354f-47ec-8a14-f23c7ef1f28b">Re:Weirdest People You've been on a date with?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Weirdest People You've been on a date with? : We have an entire room dedicated to our toy and comic collection.   No furniture, just an entire room of shelves and walls covered in toys including LOTR, TMNT, CareBears, MOTU and She Ra, Rainbow Brite, Walking Dead, D&D and various other Wizard RPGs, A-Team, Fraggle Rock, Marvel, Cabbage Patch, Indiana Jones, GI Joe, Ghostbusters, Muppets (including babies), Sesame Street, Fall Guy and pirates, as well as  about 3k comic books spanning back to 1978.  It was valued at approximately $20k by our insurance appraiser. We're not into the cool trendy "sexy nerd" stuff.  We are 100% bonafide old school geeks. ETA:  I didn't have weird dates before I married H.  I WAS the weird date other people talk about years later.

I love it! You're awesome!!  Plenty of Muppet-related items listed.  My office is all muppets. My spare room is smurfs and stuffed animals. The smurfs take up a very shelving unit. The stuffed animals line the walls.
    image   imageimage

• So glad there are other ladies that have gone on dates with crazies, too!    FI has always been amazed at the crazy stories I have.  

Here are a few favorites:

The CHI Situation-
    I had been on OkCupid for about a month and liked to think I was good at screening the nut jobs.  A very cute personal trainer and I chatted and emailed a bit, and then decided to meet in person.   We met at a bar in my  neighborhood, ordered a drink, and talked for a bit.   He still seemed normal enough that I was willing to prolong the date with a second drink and some apps.

Apparently, he and alcohol do not mix.   The crazy started to come out during the second drink.   He started to tell me about client training sessions, and how he likes to fight the guys he's training to make them tougher.  Say what?   Then he starts flexing and asking me to feel his arms.  All of this in the middle of the bar.  When I decline to feel his biceps, he then proceeds to lift up his shirt and show me his abs and then declares The Situation has nothing on him, and he likes to be called the The CHI Situation.

I bail for the bathroom and immediately call my bff.  While describing the date and asking for help on how to bail,  I hear a loud squeal from one of the stalls.  The girl inside was listening to my coversation and says to me from behind the door, "Just run, run now."    My bff happens to be at a bar down the street.  I decided to fake an early morning and the need to go home so I could go meet her.

I walk out of the bathroom and back to the table.  The Sitch has now taken off the sweater he was wearing when we got to the bar.   He is now just wearing a Superman t-shirt. Awesome, a dude with multiple personality wannabe's.  As I approach the table, he starts flexing/bouncing his pecks.  I don't think I've ever snagged a check faster than I did at that moment. 

I tell him I need to go home because I have an early conference call.   Instead of letting me walk, he insists on driving.  I give him the wrong cross streets to my place and end up not in front of my building.  As I try to jump out, he's telling me about our next date on Saturday and saying something about me being an Angel from Heaven sent to him.   As soon as he pulled away, I ran to my building and had the doorman flag a cab.  I was in need of many drinks after that.

The Lawyer-
    I tried Match before OkCupid.   I met a lawyer and we chatted for a bit and decided to go out for a date.   First date was awesome, and I agreed to a second a week later.   The day before our date, I am in a pretty nasty car accident.  I leave the ER and go home to pass out on my couch with pain meds.  He called and in my pain med coma I didn't hear it so he went to voicemail.

The next morning ( the morning of the date) I am hobbling down the street and listen to my voicemail.  Lawyer has left a screaming tirade at me for saying yes and then blowing him off.  Um, the date isn't for another 12 hours, and I hadn't cancelled.  I was doped up on pain pills and just hadn't answered my phone.  I calmly call him back to say I had fully intended to go out with him and explain the car accident, but after the insane tirade I am NOW cancelling.

His reaction was priceless.   He said he's dissappointed and understands, but wants to know if he can be my lawyer and represent me in the car accident.   Um no, just no.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Quotes of the day:

"You know what they say.. Pee on me once, shame on you. Pee on me twice, shame on me."

and "  The girl inside was listening to my coversation and says to me from behind the door, "Just run, run now."
    image   imageimage

• OMG, Pele. You could definitely write a book. I am almost bummed not to have had any crazy dating experiences after reading this thread!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • rel1988rel1988 member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2013
    I am actually kind of jealous not to have had any of these amazing experiences!! This is the closest I have had:

Guy I had hung out with once and lived OOT came up to visit and go out for drinks with my friend and his buddy who lived nearby. We had arranged he could stay over at my place before heading home in the morning. He arrives and walks in with a huge ROLLUP suitcase which should have been my first clue.  He had come early so we could hang out beforehand so we get a bite to eat and he spends the whole meal talking about his mom and how much he loves her...ok ok at least he's respectful right? We then go back to my place where he pulls out a copy of the Justin Beiber movie and begs me to watch it before we get ready for the bars. OMG. After the movie he proceeds to ask me a million times if he should wear the teal or purple button down shirt. Of course he goes with the bright purple because it "brings out his eyes". The rest of his outfit consists of the most bedazzled jeans I have EVER seen and penny loafers which come equiped with the penny. His friend arrives and thankfully he gets a lot less strange...we go out, have fun in a group and him and his friend stay the night at my place.

The next morning he knocks on my bedroom door, I'm thinking to let me know he's leaving. Instead he bluntly asks me if I would like to "fornicate" with him. Yes literally using that word. Yeah we didn't talk after that.... 

ETA: I also forgot to mention his special talent consists of making chainsaw noises. Distinguished by brands and everything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_weirdest-people-youve-been-on-a-date-with?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:507cf911-9bd3-4913-aaa8-8fa475dae30cPost:2f24bf7f-a4b9-44a6-9195-c7134a0ca614">Re: Weirdest People You've been on a date with?</a>:
    [QUOTE] ETA: I also forgot to mention his special talent consists of making chainsaw noises. Distinguished by brands and everything.
    Posted by rel1988[/QUOTE]

HAHA the post that just keeps on giving! I love it. Keep em coming peoples!
    image   imageimage

• LuckyAlohaLuckyAloha member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2013
    I have so many but they're hard to recall since they were so long ago. one was a shower"surprise double date" where the guy seemed normal at first. Later when we were sitting on the couch he asked if i liked his Superman shirt. I was like sure....its nice. Then he started talking in baby talk....can i be your big strong superman wittle baby waby? I just remember it got creepier than that so i ran downstairs to tell my friend we had to bolt...and he had hidden my shoes so i wouldn't leave. There was the guy who showed my mom the "your name" tattoo on his butt. I have more but i hate writing on my phone
  • If you aren't sick of hearing from me... This is a complicated story to tell while trying to protect identities.  This one special guy spanned  2 of my friends and me 

SN:  January 2010, Friend 1 met guy on match.com; Friend 2 and I went to meet up with her post date.  I had been dating FI for about a year.

Friend 1 went to drinks with this guy who called himself "Cinco".  He had showed up in a tattered college sweatshirt, jeans and $400 shoes, was 42 not 35, shorter than described but still she thought he was cute.

Apparently he wasn't sure how the date would turn out so he asked a few of his friends to stop by, so she texted us.  When we get there, he introduced himself as Cinco.  We said, "oh that is an interesting nickname, how did you get it?  Are you the 5th? Were you born on the 5th?  etc."  NO, none of the above.  HE JUST LIKED THE NICKNAME.  Oooooook, I said, "You know that isn't how nicknames work, right?"  He looked at me like I had jsut spoken parsletounge.  We were there for about 45 mins/an hour when his friend, puked in his beer glass.  WTF.  WHO DOES THAT?!  His other friend, was trying the entire time we were, there to casually remove his wedding band and FAILED.

Pretty much after the puking we had an out and left the bar.  Friend 1 was still interested in Cinco despite being a tool.  So they continued to text that night.  At one point, Cinco indicated he would be having a housewarming party and Friend 1 gave him Friend 2 and my email addresses to be on the evite.  We weren't thrilled, but, it was email... not like she gave him our phone numbers.

I left a couple of days later on a work trip and Friend 1 had a second date.  Cinco wore the same OUTFIT.  When she got home she had texts from him:  You have lovely feet.  Great taste in shoes.  I want your feet in my mouth.  I want to rub my **** all over them.  Friend 1 told him to lose her number.

I get a frantic call from Friend 2, a couple of weeks later.  Cinco had sent her an email asking her out with similar feet-centric weirdness.  Do you wear sexy heels?  Do you get pedicures?  I give great foot massages.  

I checked my email, panicked, but I was safe!

Months later, after we had all moved past this crazy, I received an email from him.  All it was, was a naked male pic with the persons face buried in a shoe... All that was written was:  "Thinking of you, do you think of me?"

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_weirdest-people-youve-been-on-a-date-with?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:507cf911-9bd3-4913-aaa8-8fa475dae30cPost:75da7c7d-fc75-4a84-9094-d6f26c7ed591">Re:Weirdest People You've been on a date with?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Weirdest People You've been on a date with? : You're not too bad yourself, lol. We also game and WoW, and H is planning to finally write is fantasy novel once he gets done working on his current project.  We actually paid to see the remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still (w/ Keanu Reeves) in the theatre because we heard it had the Wolverine trailer before it and wanted to see it (it wasn't even leaked on the internet yet).  That's when I knew we were made for each other.

FI is not geek at all...he's more into watching sports. We work out somehow and I'm the happiest I ever have been...but before him, I longed for a good geek but never had successful relationships with any of them. One of my best friends was in love with me for many years and he would prob have been perfect for me if he liked kids and could live outside of the city. In the end, I think to be one of my oldest, bestest friends who "gets" me is pretty cool too for his role in my life.
    image   imageimage

• Rachel - I could never tire of this . Ever.

image   imageimage

• Nobody ever begrudge the weird and bad dates. They are hilarious in retrospect, but there's a lot of nasty too. Oh! I do have a short on I can type on my phone! I was hooked up by a friendXcoworker with a friend of his who was 'a really nice guy'. It turns out that the guy is pretty nice, but a smoker. I tried to date him a couple of times, and was just too grossed out to kiss him, so I started to try to back out without saying 'you're gross'. Turns out he's a psychologist. He was convinced that I was backing out because of childhood trauma, and even went so far as to ask me if I had been raped or my father molested me. He promised he could fix it if I just gave him the chance. I was SO offended on do many levels. Mr perfect obviously couldn't possibly have been the cause. No it was me and my broken perverted family somehow. Ugh.

Anniversary

• Worse two...

First guy.  Went on a couple of dates with him.  He was older, divorced (I think we met on POF) worked from home and had a roommate.  We went on a few dates, and to be honest things were hitting off pretty well but there was nothing physical.  He just did not put the moves on me and I don't remember why I never did either.  Anyway.....
    He invites me to his house (which is an hour away) for dinner.  I'm thinking I'm going to get some action, so I dress my sluttiest.  I walk in and it's wall to wall Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, etc memorabilia.  I'm like "ooookay".  He tells me he cooked me something "special" and "Italian".  I looked at the pot and the noodles looked like the ones that come from Hamburger Helper and it was the beef stroganoff which is not Italian.  Well, his trash can was open and there's the Hamburger Helper box looking back up at me whispering "get out"

We eat dinner (I barely ate, I found a hair in my food).  I remember he had a really old dog that was wheezing bad.  Oh and his roommate had this mannequin that looked like it was covered in blood.  It was just awkward all around. 

Then to top things off for that night, he put on old episodes of Beverly Hills 90210.  I told him I had an early meeting and left ASAP.  Without a kiss, hug, nothing.  Very awkward.

Second guy:
    Our date was walking up and down the beach (mind you the beaches around here suck).  He worked at a local helicopter factory on their manufacturing floor so he seemed like a smart guy.  It was an okay date, and I wasn't feeling too good about myself at the time so I'm like "yeah, what the heck I'll go on a second date with him"

That all changed when the next day he texts me: "what are you doing?" I reply "watching my friend's son, I'm about to change his diaper." he texts back "can I be your baby will you change my diaper, I did a bad doo doo"

The funny thing is, my current bf, the first picture he sent to me via text was a picture of his cat, Baby, he had a female roommate (strictly platonic) and he's a total nerd.  That should've been a warning sign, but I stuck around ;) two years later, we're still going strong.  I love my nerd!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • wow there's some awesome stories here i was cracking up. luckily i never had too many crazy encounters, but it would have been fun to think back on. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_weirdest-people-youve-been-on-a-date-with?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:507cf911-9bd3-4913-aaa8-8fa475dae30cPost:0b58381b-73e7-40b6-a07c-9f51cfadf60a">Re: Weirdest People You've been on a date with?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Worse two... First guy.  Went on a couple of dates with him.  He was older, divorced (I think we met on POF) worked from home and had a roommate.  We went on a few dates, and to be honest things were hitting off pretty well but there was nothing physical.  He just did not put the moves on me and I don't remember why I never did either.  Anyway..... He invites me to his house (which is an hour away) for dinner.  I'm thinking I'm going to get some action, so I dress my sluttiest.  I walk in and it's wall to wall Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, etc memorabilia.  I'm like "ooookay".  He tells me he cooked me something "special" and "Italian".  I looked at the pot and the noodles looked like the ones that come from Hamburger Helper and it was the beef stroganoff which is not Italian.  Well, his trash can was open and there's the Hamburger Helper box looking back up at me whispering "get out" We eat dinner (I barely ate, I found a hair in my food).  I remember he had a really old dog that was wheezing bad.  Oh and his roommate had this mannequin that looked like it was covered in blood.  It was just awkward all around.  Then to top things off for that night, he put on old episodes of Beverly Hills 90210.  I told him I had an early meeting and left ASAP.  Without a kiss, hug, nothing.  Very awkward. Second guy: Our date was walking up and down the beach (mind you the beaches around here suck).  He worked at a local helicopter factory on their manufacturing floor so he seemed like a smart guy.  It was an okay date, and I wasn't feeling too good about myself at the time so I'm like "yeah, what the heck I'll go on a second date with him" That all changed when the next day he texts me: "what are you doing?" I reply "watching my friend's son, I'm about to change his diaper." he texts back "can I be your baby will you change my diaper, I did a bad doo doo" The funny thing is, my current bf, the first picture he sent to me via text was a picture of his cat, Baby, he had a female roommate (strictly platonic) and he's a total nerd.  That should've been a warning sign, but I stuck around ;) two years later, we're still going strong.  I love my nerd!
    Posted by buddysmom80[/QUOTE]

Yipes!!!!  I am originally from CT.  What is with the <strong><u>older</u></strong> men with random roommates?  I feel like that is a thing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards