Illinois
Options

Outdoor ceremony locations with rain backup in Glen Ellyn?

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of relatively cheap wedding ceremony locations in or around (like within 20 minutes distance) of Glen Ellyn. My fiance and I want to have our reception at the Abbington. There are two awesome outdoor venues not far from there--Cantigny and the Morton Arboretum--but if you're only doing your ceremony there, they don't offer any backup plan for rain, which is making my mom freak out, and I definitely don't want to take the risk of having no back up.

So, I'd appreciate any ideas anyone has. Has anyone had a ceremony at Cantigny or the Morton? What did you think? Do they still treat you well if you're there for a ceremony only? Is there anyway you could bring in a tent and tent your ceremony on their grounds?

Or if those locations are out, is there any other place you guys know of? I'd be really happy with just a pretty green space that feels private and fairly well-groomed. We're having about 150-200 guests, through, so it has to be able to accomodate them.

Any ideas are appreciated! THANKS!

Re: Outdoor ceremony locations with rain backup in Glen Ellyn?

• Options
    Try the Wilder Gardens in Elmhurst. It is a part of the park district and they can offer a back up in one of the rooms of the Wilder Mansion which is on the same grounds. It's not far from the Abbington.
  • Options
    Hi!
    I had my reception at the abbingtion also, awesome place! We had the same issue, so found the Danada house in Wheaton. Its about a 5-7 min drive from the Abbingtion, you rent out the entire house for the day, have the ceremony outside and in case of rain they have it set up in the big banquet room. overlooking the garden, my bridemaids and i all get ready there and hung out in this large bridal suite. the place was amazing for ictures! let me know if you have any questions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards