Chit Chat

Personalized Wedding Dress Hanger

So I'm waffling between getting one and skipping it. Basically, it'd be for a few pictures, which would be cute, and I guess it could be a "keepsake" kind of thing. But then I feel like it's a waste of money because it's something I'll use once, and will probably never mess with again...

Personalized Wedding Dress Hanger: 

Kermit Yay/Flail

or

Horse

(Yay or nay? GET IT?!)

Re: Personalized Wedding Dress Hanger

• I got one, and was sooooo excited!

.....I forgot it on the day.  T_T
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• I would never spend money on that, but that's just my personal opinion. If you like it and it is in the budget, go for it.  I mean, you could still hang it in your closet and use it for another article of clothing.
  • I got one and I loved it. It was only $30. My mom asked what I wanted for Christmas and I told her that.
  • Personally, I wouldn't. I just don't see the point of spending $25 on a coat hanger, which I can usually get for about $1 each. That's just me, though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I got one and in the end, I didn't really care for any of the photos of my dress hanging up with it.  It was only about $25 and it didn't dent our budget so I don't really have any major regrets though.
  • If you like it, get it.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Kermie!!!!!

Just for that, I googled for you and came up with this LINK

A lot of people make them up themselves and that link contains a TK board post with several collaborators and some have DIY info in their profiles or tell you how to do it there. Another girl bought the names formed  in wire cheap off Etsy and just put it in a hanger she bought for a few bucks. The esty store is listed.

Personally, I don't care about it, I mean I know it's my dress. But, I could see it being cute for photos.

image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• I'm considering DIYing one, but... then... it's a hanger. Do I really want to spend the time on it, or can I just get a pretty hanger from a store and use it as is? I haven't decided yet, haha.
  • I just got mine in! I got it for $9 (plus $9 shipping) on Etsy and I LOVE it! Seriously, to me it was worth it just to see my future name on something. Plus my fiance saw it and nearly cried because for some reason seeing that name and knowing it would hold my wedding dress made it all super real. IMO if you like them get one. It's not like something that says "Bride" that you can only use on the day of, hopefully you'll be Mrs. Insertnamehere forever! And if you plan on storing your dress in a visible way you can use this to add texture and dimension.
    Soon-to-be Mrs. Kent
  • $9 would be a good instabuy if i were on the fence
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_personalized-wedding-dress-hanger?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:2e9c0b9f-06a7-4310-9de8-2bbfb81bad50Post:9d6cc670-913e-419f-aa94-abf1435a770a">Re: Personalized Wedding Dress Hanger</a>:
    [QUOTE]$9 would be a good instabuy if i were on the fence
    Posted by MuppetFan[/QUOTE]

Right? I kept seeing all of the $25+ ones and I couldn't bring myself to do it, then I found the $9 one. OP, if you're interested PM me and I'll tell you the Etsy Shop.
    Soon-to-be Mrs. Kent
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_personalized-wedding-dress-hanger?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:2e9c0b9f-06a7-4310-9de8-2bbfb81bad50Post:4f103353-d078-4561-a821-c4848d4b7008">Re: Personalized Wedding Dress Hanger</a>:
    [QUOTE]Personally, I wouldn't. I just don't see the point of spending $25 on a coat hanger, which I can usually get for about $1 each. That's just me, though.
    Posted by efmcc67[/QUOTE]

<div>This.  It wasn't worth the money to me.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lol I want to see the horse successfully complete his trick!!!
    image   imageimage

• I wanted one, but my MOH beat me to it and gave it to me as part of my bridal shower gift, even though I never mentioned it to her. It made for a nice picture but now I'm not sure what to do with it. It seems strange to use it as a hanger, even though that's exactly what it is.
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm making mine and one for each of my BMs and the materials cost all together about $15. I started and it's not that hard, but it is putzy - and it certainly doesn't look as perfect as the one's on Etsy!
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• You know, at the end of the day you have to consider your dress too.  My dress was so freakin heavy that it looked bad hanging up.  I mean terrible.  Even if I had gotten the pic I wanted, I would have been like "ugh, that dress looks aweful".
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• cnf2013cnf2013 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited March 2013
    She's a little slow, but I bought mine for only $4: Clicky And don't let the "one day only" thing sway you. I paid the same price six months ago. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_personalized-wedding-dress-hanger?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:2e9c0b9f-06a7-4310-9de8-2bbfb81bad50Post:886b8140-03aa-490d-80fd-18d112fb7443">Re: Personalized Wedding Dress Hanger</a>:
    [QUOTE]She's a little slow, but I bought mine for only $4:  Clicky  And don't let the "one day only" thing sway you. I paid the same price six months ago. 
    Posted by cnf2013[/QUOTE]

It's not something I would buy for myself, but I got 2 at my shower.  I'm excited to use one on my wedding day! 

PS cnf, thanks for the link- I am buying one for my friend..  Came to $14 with shipping but totally worth it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ehhh, I'd just make sure to get a nice hanger for photos - personalized or not. I saw a photo with a dry-cleaner hanger and I thought to myself that I need to get a nice hanger for my own dress.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_personalized-wedding-dress-hanger?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:2e9c0b9f-06a7-4310-9de8-2bbfb81bad50Post:73f84492-b82d-4035-8113-f8d27f996291">Re: Personalized Wedding Dress Hanger</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wanted one, but my MOH beat me to it and gave it to me as part of my bridal shower gift, even though I never mentioned it to her. It made for a nice picture but now I'm not sure what to do with it. It seems strange to use it as a hanger, even though that's exactly what it is.
    Posted by B2Z728[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I don't even use mine.  It is just hanging up in the closet.  The wire used is very pliable and if I start using it as a regular hanger the name is going to be messed up fast.

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_personalized-wedding-dress-hanger?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:2e9c0b9f-06a7-4310-9de8-2bbfb81bad50Post:bd223dd9-d0e2-40db-9a48-2d1b5c439e3c">Re: Personalized Wedding Dress Hanger</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Personalized Wedding Dress Hanger : The $25 I paid was including shipping and I rounded up. My hanger was technically $15.29 and shipping was $9.50. I hate when people say "mine was only $9!!!" then slip in the shipping of $9. Your hanger was $18. Your $9 bargin isn't much of a bargin.
    Posted by missax[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This.  Also, some of the cheaper, bargain ones look like they're done by a second grader learning cursive writing.  I wanted one that was very neat, and there's very few people on Etsy that have high quality work.

</div>
  • I really like the ones I saw on ETSY....go for it !!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_personalized-wedding-dress-hanger?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:2e9c0b9f-06a7-4310-9de8-2bbfb81bad50Post:bd223dd9-d0e2-40db-9a48-2d1b5c439e3c">Re: Personalized Wedding Dress Hanger</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Personalized Wedding Dress Hanger : The $25 I paid was including shipping and I rounded up. My hanger was technically $15.29 and shipping was $9.50. I hate when people say "mine was only $9!!!" then slip in the shipping of $9. Your hanger was $18. Your $9 bargin isn't much of a bargin.
    Posted by missax[/QUOTE]

Most of the hangers on Etsy are $25-$35 NOT including shipping, which is typically around $9, so yes, mine was actually a bargain. And the total of $18 was worth it to me, which is the point I was trying to get across. If it's something that means a lot to you, and you can afford it, then why not. I also looked at her pictures of other hangers and liked the way the letters were formed, and it turned out beautifully, not like someone learning to write cursive.
    Soon-to-be Mrs. Kent
  • I make the hangers for $15 including shipping! Email me! aleesahogue @ hotmail. com (no spaces!!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards