Ohio-Cleveland

Moving before wedding...

Just need some advice/peace of mind. So my fiancé and I are moving this summer, probably end of June/beginning of July and our wedding is in late September. The move is only Brunswick to Lakewood, but I'm worried about moving into a house (our first house) 3 months before the wedding. Do you think it will be too crazy stressful or it will be doable?

Re: Moving before wedding...

• mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    That's doable.  Organization will be key for both.  A well-organized move can be unpacked quite quickly...and I got engaged 12/22 and I could've married my fiancé two months ago I was able to get things in order so quickly.  All I have left is to finish addressing the invites and get my alterations done.  Simple!
  • Totally fine! Our wedding is June 28 we are scheduled to close on our home April 11. It will definetely be crazy but worth it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Like PP said, organization is key. I would recommend gathering any wedding stuff you have and packing it up together. If it's an option, see if you have a friend or family member who can keep the wedding stuff for you for 1-2 weeks so it doesn't get mixed in with other stuff and once you have everything moved you can bring the wedding stuff into your new home.

Don't over stress yourself by trying to unpack everything & create the perfectly decorated house while finalizing everything for your wedding. Your friends and family will understand if you have a few boxes there when the wedding comes around.

Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards