Pennsylvania

Modern Venue in Lehigh Valley

We are in the very early stages of looking for a ceremony and reception site in the general Lehigh Valley area.  My future in-laws live in Allentown and have offered to have the rehearsal dinner at their house so we’re trying to stay within an hour or so of them.  Do you have any suggestions for a modern, elegant venue for a black and white wedding?  We’re targeting September 2011 as the date.  Thanks for your help.

Re: Modern Venue in Lehigh Valley

• emoran04emoran04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The main ballroom at Hotel Bethlehem is very classic and traditional. Not sure if the Sands will host weddings but that could be a fun venue.

I got married last year and our reception was at Silver Creek Country Club. It was very simple, classic, elegant and they were soooooo amazing to work with. You can email me at emoran24@yahoo.com and I can send you photos from our wedding reception plus post ceremony location photos.

Good luck.
  • benmel31benmel31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another cool venue is Allentown Brew Works.  They have a variety of rooms for your wedding including a traditional ballroom for the reception and cool lounge for the cocktail hour.
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • ans712681ans712681 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into the Bank Street Annex?  My friend had her wedding there, very classy and modern.
  • MadisonStreetMadisonStreet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may also want to try the Barrister's Club.

-Leslie
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Bear Creek Resort- www.bcmountainresort.com It is gorgeous, and the staff is amazing!
  • cariellen7cariellen7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I"m having my wedding at the Bank St. Annex, and I think it is a really great modern reception site.  It's much more interesting than a hotel ballroom and you have the whole place to yourself that day. 
  • Moritz22Moritz22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm having my wedding at Iron Lakes Country Club. They have reasonable prices and are willing to modify anything for you. http://www.ironlakescountryclub.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards