February 2014 Weddings

How was the weekend?

Hey everybody!  Did you guys all have a good weekend?  The weather finally looks like it is getting nice, so did anyone do anything exciting for the weekend?

I went to a special event yesterday that was basically like an outdoor costume party.  It was pretty fun.  There were actually a lot of girls that wore their wedding dresses (I'm assuming that the marriage already took place and they just had the dress hanging around) and then wore a few accessories that made it a different theme.  Lots of angels, fairies, and zombie brides.  It was an interesting idea for finding an excuse to wear a wedding dress again, but I think I would be so paranoid to wreak it. 

Re: How was the weekend?

• dewingedpixiedewingedpixie member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2013
    My weekend got derailed. I managed to throw my kid a good sleep over but otherwise its been interesting. Yesterday I woke up and was 100% fine. I felt great because I'd slept in. I did some cleaning and I went to the gym put a mile in the pool then ran some errands for the sleepover. I got home and I was a little tired but not too alarmed because it happens. Well around 4pm 30 minutes before the kids were suposed to come over my throat starts getting weird. An hour later my sinuses start to crawl. I left fiance with the kids and went and got a new netti pot and sambucol worried I was getting a cold a week before my half marathon. By the time we went to bed I'd cleaned my sinuses twice drank 4 glasses of tea and my throat was just raw and my nose running. I woke up and it was so thick without the pot I couldnt get it out. I made the decision to get a flu test and strep test this was just too hard to fast even on immune supression. I went in both negative but the doctor said there was no way this was a cold. My throat is extremely swollen and red even on max strength musinex the stuff was too thick to get out easily. She put me on antibiotics uhg double infection they suspect it is strep and sinus infection. I took a nap now I have a sinus head ache.I have no doubts its bacteria right now. Pushing lots of fluids, decongestant, vitamins, tea, netti pot, sambucol, and antibiotics. I'm sleeping in and going to work late tomorrow. I should know by tuesday if this antibiotic will work of if I need a second, doctor said there is the potential I will need a second. I literally went from great to death warmed over in less than 24 hours misery. Good news is I should be able to run next sunday at the half provided this antibiotic works or they swap/add to it by tuesday. Bad news is this is the worst sinus mess I've had in a while. Watching Disney on the couch with kidlet isnt so bad though.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Oh no!  That sounds horrible!  The only blessing is that it happened now and not the day before your half marathon.  I hope that you get better quickly though!  Sore throats are just awful - they affect your eating, drinking, breathing, sleeping . . .

• dewingedpixiedewingedpixie member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2013
    Yeah I have a follow up with my PCP this evening. I'm immune suppressed and this antibiotic is not working as quick as it should. I've taken 2 of the 5 doses and we're over 24 hours in I've had maybe a 10-15% reduction from the worst symptoms which occurred last night after the initial antibiotic. The woman who saw me yesterday warned me to be vigilant and fiancé wants me back in with my medical team to make sure this will kick it so I'm going tonight after work. I called for an appointment I could cancel in the morning but they told me they'd rather I just come in tonight and go from there since it was an urgent care that saw me.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Sorry for being MIA lately, super swamped.  My weekend was great. FI, my son and I went to a party downtown for Thunder over Louisville (which kicks off the Derby Festivities) and had a blast, yesterday was opening day for my son and they won their first game.  I placed my order for my derby hat on Friday and it should be ready by the end of the week.  Ohhh I love this time of the year Derby is my fav.

• So little update I'm now on 2 antibiotics. Provided there is no virus(which they doubt with how fast it hit me) that started the avalanch of double infection I should be good to race by sunday and up and running friday at the latest. It may not be my fastest pace but I'll be able to complete it respectably. PCP decided that the one antibiotic was working on the strep and slightly on the sinus infection but even at high dose of the first drug the infection was trying to move and was going to come back after the course was done so she put me on a second higher test drug at the same time to kill it all off. She told me I'd done everything right by getting flu tested and coming in on the first drug to be re-evaluated. I have avoided what could have been a much more serious situation had I not listened to my gut and fiance.

So though right now I am meh not feeling it I'm happy to know in 48 hours I should be doing pretty good :D
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • 2nd antibiotic is kicking ass and taking names. I'm no where near 100% but I am definitely on the mend. I'm a happy girl right now :)
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Oh, I am so happy that you are feeling better!  Strep and sinus at the same time is really tricky - I hear that some antibiotics end up making sinus infections worse?  Or maybe that is just for my one friend - she kept getting misdiagnosed with strep, and the medicine they gave her then made her infection worse.
    I hope that this sickness doesn't weaken you too much for your run! 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2014-weddings_how-was-the-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:fc414773-c821-4ecd-ae52-1b1ca58c9d96Discussion:6383ed50-244d-4109-b29b-ee6ff75d7ba3Post:4ddd9bc9-def2-46de-86d5-edb9a66bc3a8">Re: How was the weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry for being MIA lately, super swamped.  My weekend was great. FI, my son and I went to a party downtown for Thunder over Louisville (which kicks off the Derby Festivities) and had a blast, yesterday was opening day for my son and they won their first game.  I placed my order for my derby hat on Friday and it should be ready by the end of the week.  Ohhh I love this time of the year Derby is my fav.
    Posted by Lissa1213[/QUOTE]

Holy cow, another horse racing fan?  This made me so very happy - the first Saturday in May is one of my favourite times of the year too!  I've never had a chance to go physically, but I want to so bad!  Drinking mint juleps and wearing a fancy hat - oh, it would be so awesome! 
    You absolutely must show a picture of your Derby Hat! 
    I'm going to be cheering for Oxbow . . . I have to watch it at midnight, because of the six hour time difference, but I'm really looking forward to it. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2014-weddings_how-was-the-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:fc414773-c821-4ecd-ae52-1b1ca58c9d96Discussion:6383ed50-244d-4109-b29b-ee6ff75d7ba3Post:bb20d099-4674-4fd0-bfa8-b8299693502b">Re: How was the weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, I am so happy that you are feeling better!  Strep and sinus at the same time is really tricky - I hear that some antibiotics end up making sinus infections worse?  Or maybe that is just for my one friend - she kept getting misdiagnosed with strep, and the medicine they gave her then made her infection worse. I hope that this sickness doesn't weaken you too much for your run! 
    Posted by kerbohl[/QUOTE]

The strep was being killed off by one but the sinus infection was resistant to that antibiotic. I harbor sinus infections like pearl harbor holds the navy.  I'm also pretty well known for double infections even before they put me on meds for my immune system. I will not be running for time on sunday but I am hoping to still run. I should finish in about 2:05 sunday, my original goal was about 1:52-1:57. I accept this will not be a super fast race for me but I shelled a lot of cash to run it and its the Innagural Nike Women's Half in DC. I've run the one in San Fran, and it was a big deal for me to run this one. I've had PRs in most of my races this spring so the Half may have to wait till the fall and this may have to be a training run. I maybe able to find one in may if I look hard enough as well.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2014-weddings_how-was-the-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:fc414773-c821-4ecd-ae52-1b1ca58c9d96Discussion:6383ed50-244d-4109-b29b-ee6ff75d7ba3Post:5b94e889-5321-4253-b808-29a85c740e1f">Re: How was the weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How was the weekend? : Holy cow, another horse racing fan?  This made me so very happy - the first Saturday in May is one of my favourite times of the year too!  I've never had a chance to go physically, but I want to so bad!  Drinking mint juleps and wearing a fancy hat - oh, it would be so awesome!  You absolutely must show a picture of your Derby Hat!  I'm going to be cheering for Oxbow . . . I have to watch it at midnight, because of the six hour time difference, but I'm really looking forward to it. 

I think I've watched the Derby 2 times on the TV. I love reading about race horses though. Its just so fast and over on the TV.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2014-weddings_how-was-the-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:fc414773-c821-4ecd-ae52-1b1ca58c9d96Discussion:6383ed50-244d-4109-b29b-ee6ff75d7ba3Post:5b94e889-5321-4253-b808-29a85c740e1f">Re: How was the weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How was the weekend? : Holy cow, another horse racing fan?  This made me so very happy - the first Saturday in May is one of my favourite times of the year too!  I've never had a chance to go physically, but I want to so bad!  Drinking mint juleps and wearing a fancy hat - oh, it would be so awesome!  You absolutely must show a picture of your Derby Hat!  I'm going to be cheering for Oxbow . . . I have to watch it at midnight, because of the six hour time difference, but I'm really looking forward to it. 

Debbie, I love love love it... I'm more on the fashion side of it all, although you really get into it when you have money going on a horse.  We have friends that come in from all over the country and make a huge 4 day ordeal out of it all.  Derby has always been a big deal with my family and with my parents winery involved in the festivals its super exciting.  I will post a pic as soon as its done.  I don't do the over the top that you see in the magazines.  This year I am going with a half brim fascinator in an ivory color with tulle, lace and white feathers.  Ohhhhh I can't wait.

Bianca, hope you feel better soon

• That sounds awful pixie. I hope this weekend ends up being better for you. We are almost there! I am so happy that Thursday is almost over! This past weekend; I prepped for our engagement party friday night, went for a run and went to a baby shower saturday and then went to the store with my fiance's sister so she could pick up her moh dress for the other sister's wedding this June. Then we went to the mall to get a bunch of pecker stuff from spencer's for her bachelorette party. I put the labels on our lollipop favors and then sunday we set up for the party and then had the party. It was big hit but I had a full on exorcist moment before hand lmao! setting up and preparing stresses me out and I didn't get stressed until the morning of. Now its on to this weekend. I have a chocolate tour with the fi as one of the livingsocial deals that I got for him for xmas then Saturday I have to help my sister get to the dock for her cruise and then a quatro de mayo party saturday night and then the NY Five Boro Bike Marathon on Sunday. Busy  Busy Busy!
  • kerbohlkerbohl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    In Response to Re: How was the weekend?:
    [QUOTE]That sounds awful pixie. I hope this weekend ends up being better for you. We are almost there! I am so happy that Thursday is almost over! This past weekend; I prepped for our engagement party friday night, went for a run and went to a baby shower saturday and then went to the store with my fiance's sister so she could pick up her moh dress for the other sister's wedding this June. Then we went to the mall to get a bunch of pecker stuff from spencer's for her bachelorette party. I put the labels on our lollipop favors and then sunday we set up for the party and then had the party. It was big hit but I had a full on exorcist moment before hand lmao! setting up and preparing stresses me out and I didn't get stressed until the morning of. Now its on to this weekend. I have a chocolate tour with the fi as one of the livingsocial deals that I got for him for xmas then Saturday I have to help my sister get to the dock for her cruise and then a quatro de mayo party saturday night and then the NY Five Boro Bike Marathon on Sunday. Busy  Busy Busy!
    Posted by Dancer2873[/QUOTE]

Goodness, you are busy!  But is sounds like "fun" busy, and that probably makes it better.

Please tell us more abotu this chocolate tour!  Do you just go to a chocolate factory and see how it is made?  Do you get to sample? 

And the bike marathon sounds like fun!  I'm hoping to get more biking in now that the weather turned nice here.  I moved to a new city recently, and last weekend I found out where all the nice biking trails are, so it is time to explore! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards