Chit Chat

need some advice pretty please

So my friend is getting married in August and she keeps asking if I have ordered my dress yet. She just got engaged the day before Valentine's Day so it isn't like I have had a whole lot of time to save money for the dress. I know her wedding is more important to her than mine is, I totally get that, but right now mine is more important to me and I need to make sure we have money for our wedding. Her MOH ordered hers about a week and half ago and they told her it wouldn't come in until June so she is understandably worried that if I don't order mine soon, then it won't be in in time. I tried telling her that David's Bridal says that just to be on the safe side but that they usually come in about a month or so after ordering, at least that has been my experiences. I really do want to be in her wedding but what should I do?

Re: need some advice pretty please

• You're correct in stating that David's dresses really do only take about a month to come in, but their dresses really do get discontinued. I would be more worried about that than anything. The dress I chose for my girls became discontinued and my preggo bm had to get a different dress. If she has given you a date you need to order it by then you should agree to that or not be a bridesmaid.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_need-some-advice-pretty-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:571b2392-e74a-4800-a54b-d3246076fc15Post:5d90d638-6a5f-4f7a-9a6f-714370e0d82b">Re:need some advice pretty please</a>:
    [QUOTE]You're correct in stating that David's dresses really do only take about a month to come in, but their dresses really do get discontinued. I would be more worried about that than anything. The dress I chose for my girls became discontinued and my preggo bm had to get a different dress. If she has given you a date you need to order it by then you should agree to that or not be a bridesmaid.
    Posted by Sharpschruter22[/QUOTE]

She said we can wear any dress as long as it long, truffle brown and satin so the dress being discontinued isn't an issue. And she hasn't given us a date.
  • Oh, if that's the case, I don't know that I would worry too much yet. I had the same directive from my best friend (specific color, specific length). Her wedding is at the end of May. I ordered the dress online on Saturday and it arrived yesterday. Maybe I just got lucky, but I'm guessing there are certain dresses that turn around fast.
    imageimage
  • If you can get any dress you want (within guidelines) and there's no date to order by, I wouldn't worry yet.  Just keep assuring her that you'll have a dress for her wedding.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Yeah, I ordered the dress I'm wearing in my friend's wedding in July from the David's site. I had it the next week.
    photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg
  • In my experience don't tell her anything about your financial situation where the dress is concerned or that will end badly. Just tell her you have it handled and not to worry. If she keeps pushing then ask her "what is the exact date you want it ordered by" when she tells you say "okay, it's handled" and then move on in conversation.
  • I took your ladies' advice and she was satisfied. One less bridezilla for now :) jk Thank you all though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards