Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Decisions, Decisions - Washington Crossing Inn ??

Hello all,

So I'm recently engaged looking to get married in the Central NJ/Philly/Bucks area. I looked at the Washington Crossing Inn in November and LOVED IT. Then, we looked at other venues and the more I saw, the more overwhelemd I got. Nothing seems to really match up to WCI, except I have some concerns about the ceremony...

I want to do my ceremony and reception at the same place. I know that a potential downside to an evening wedding at the WCI is that the ceremony is outdoors, close to their outdoor restaurant, which could make this ceremony noisy and intrusive. I also disliked the idea that they hold 2 weddings on Saturdays - one AM and one PM. (I'm fighting to have it on a Friday).

So....anyone have any experience at the WCI? There's no doubt in my mind that it's an amazing and scenic place. I'm just driving myself crazy w/overthinking it. 

Re: Decisions, Decisions - Washington Crossing Inn ??

• Options
    First of all, CONGRATS!!  

I have never been to a wedding there, only a retirement dinner but loved the quaintness of the site so I'm not 100% sure where they perform their ceremonies.  IWhat date are you considering?  If it's not a peak time, it may not be that big of an issue. 

Are you set on having your ceremony there?  Have you considered Washington Crossing Park for a ceremony? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_decisions-decisions-washington-crossing-inn?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:00c6d923-61c1-4a53-bdbf-0a6d8e5e45d3Post:fb862db1-f43d-47ba-983b-40ae40ca0d14">Re: Decisions, Decisions - Washington Crossing Inn ??</a>:
    [QUOTE]First of all, CONGRATS!!   I have never been to a wedding there, only a retirement dinner but loved the quaintness of the site so I'm not 100% sure where they perform their ceremonies.  IWhat date are you considering?  If it's not a peak time, it may not be that big of an issue.  Are you set on having your ceremony there?  Have you considered Washington Crossing Park for a ceremony? 
    Posted by jojo01041982[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Thank you!! They perform ceremonies in the outdoor garden which is on the left side of the Inn (if you're facing the front entrance). We are aiming for April 2014 - so we may luck out and not have it be warm enough for folks to be eating dinner outside yet! Yes, we want our ceremony there. We did consider Wash Cross Park, though. Also, I did go there for dinner on a busy Saturday night while a wedding took place in the ballroom; I felt they kept things very seperate.</div>
  • Options
    I had the exact same hesitation about WCI. I LOVED the outside space for the ceremony, but I didn't like the fact that 1/2 of the bar would be for the restaurant, as well as the outdoor seating. I begged them to close that section off just for an hour for our reception and they said no. So, that was my deal breaker. I felt they were being somewhat unreasonable and I went with a different venue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards