Nevada-Las Vegas

Music at COF

I just got an email from COF since we are 6 weeks out from our wedding (!!!) and they recommended we choose songs for me processional, lighting the candle, and recessional and put on an Ipod - does anyone know how this works? Do I need the songs to be set up in just short intervals or does someone at COF actually stop and start the songs?

Re: Music at COF

• I am putting my songs on a cd to be played...it will be the entire song. This is what i got off their website...
    If you do choose to bring your own music, please make sure to have the songs in order of how you would like them played, and on a separate iPod playlist or on a burned CD. Please note that each selection will play for approximately 30-45 seconds, and our Audio/Video tech will fade each song in and out accordingly. Following are the times music will be played throughout your ceremony:
    <ol style="list-style-type:decimal;list-style-image:none;"><li>Bridal Party processional</li><li>Bride’s grand entrance as she walks down the aisle</li><li>Unity Candle ceremony (this is for indoor ceremonies only and instrumentals is recommended)</li><li>Bride and Groom’s exit as Husband and Wife! </li></ol>

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_music-at-cof?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:a9794508-321d-4d5e-8d5a-57860d51f66dPost:13847e05-af0d-43df-b55b-e19a132a0159">Music at COF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just got an email from COF since we are 6 weeks out from our wedding (!!!) and they recommended we choose songs for me processional, lighting the candle, and recessional and put on an Ipod - does anyone know how this works? Do I need the songs to be set up in just short intervals or does someone at COF actually stop and start the songs?
    Posted by bethanyvegasbride2be[/QUOTE]
    SoontobeMRsSMITH13
  • I only had 2 songs- processional & recessional. Both songs just started at the beginning & they faded it out at the appropriate times. We just made a 2 song playlist on our iPod named Wedding & told them which song was played when. It was pretty easy. Unless you only want a certain part of the song played & you have the track edited accordingly, it will just start at the beginning.

Also, the entire song probably won't play. I don't know the exact length that got played in my ceremony, but I don't think we even made it through half of either song. My girls walked liek turbo speed down the aisle lol :-p
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're burning out songs to a CD and bringing a thumb drive as a back up just in case!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    J + A [4-15-13] + JJ [1-22-14] 
  • I had mine on my iPhone. I had 3 songs (bridal party entrance, bride entrance, exit). I had the full songs in order of how I wanted to play them. They will start each song in order and play approximately 40 seconds of each. They do a really good job handling of the music. It worked great using my phone, I just put it on airplane mode and there were no problems.
    And they lived happily ever after... February 16, 2013 Chapel of the Flowers Stardust Suite at The Orleans
  • Thank you all sooo much!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards