Pennsylvania-Central

Looking for an outside venue for a picnic style reception

We will be married in May of 2014 and have been hitting a wall with a venue for our picnic style reception.  We'd love to do it at a park or something of the sort but a lot of them are not flexible on the alcohol rule.  We'd like to at least have a keg and a case of wine.  If anyone knows of any venues in either Lebanon (where our ceremony will be held) or Lancaster Co. please let me know.  Our number stands at 80.  Thanks for the help. 

Re: Looking for an outside venue for a picnic style reception

• Lancaster County Park has some great spots, but yeah, the alcohol issue will be the problem....
  •  
    Karen's- venue caterer
    Karen's- menu
    Karen's- venue caterer
    Karen's- Venues
    Karen's

Karen's Harmony Hall

1400 Fulling Mill Rd
    Middletown, PA 17057

Karen's Harmony Hall

The ballroom with its cathedral vaulted ceilings and gable end windows has a capacity of 300 and is nestled on 18+ acres with a beautiful private setting able to accommodate indoor and outdoor events. The reflecting pond and serene waterfall serve as a great background for that special photo.
    View Venue Facts
    View Photo Gallery

Karen'sKaren's

The Civic Club of Harrisburg

612 N. Front St
    Harrisburg, PA 17101

Karen's Harmony Hall

This historic tudor-style mansion with a capacity of 150 has a picturesque ballroom overlooking the scenic Susquehanna River with a private garden for your pleasure. It can accommodate indoor and outdoor events, too.
    View Venue Facts
    View Photo Gallery
    The Civic Club of Harrisburg

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_looking-for-an-outside-venue-for-a-picnic-style-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:107Discussion:66861f0b-a03e-45db-ac0c-8c905728eba2Post:fbf6023f-5fe8-4674-a368-e0523a3a1689">Re: Looking for an outside venue for a picnic style reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]  1400 Fulling Mill Rd Middletown, PA 17057 The ballroom with its cathedral vaulted ceilings and gable end windows has a capacity of 300 and is nestled on 18+ acres with a beautiful private setting able to accommodate indoor and outdoor events. The reflecting pond and serene waterfall serve as a great background for that special photo. View Venue Facts View Photo Gallery 612 N. Front St Harrisburg, PA 17101 This historic tudor-style mansion with a capacity of 150 has a picturesque ballroom overlooking the scenic Susquehanna River with a private garden for your pleasure. It can accommodate indoor and outdoor events, too. View Venue Facts View Photo Gallery The Civic Club of Harrisburg
    Posted by mom23jv[/QUOTE]
     The venue in Middletown is stunning...
  • I know the Akron Park has a pavilion you can rent, but I'm not sure if they allow alcohol. May be able to look into it.
  • Sounds like you need to find a private picnic ground...which, unless you know someone, can be hard to find.  There's one in Harrisburg (Harrisburg Postal Gun Club) that has a nice big pavilion and allows alcohol, but too far away from Lebanon.  We found that through my sister's caterer.  If you have caterers in mind, you may want to pick their brain for venues that match your wants/needs.
    photo KimberlyWedding_zps9ece9155.jpg
  • We are getting married at Lower Allen Park barn and doing exactly what you are doing.  They do allow you to have alchol but you will need to pay for the security guard to be there. It's  not that expensive and the cost of him is included in your deposit. The rate is very reasonalble $225 to rent the barn for the whole day.  We are also having a catering company come in and do a picnic bb-q for our wedding as well. 
  • I am planning a similar theme - picnic, bbq or pig roast, with alcohol. I am still considering a DJ and would love a bonfire. Did anyone have similar ideas and found any great places? Location can vary from middletown through Lancaster. I have family near Williamsport, PA and he has family in Philadelphia.

• John James Audobon or Rodale Institute
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards