Christian Weddings

Survey: Tell me about your Church

I thought we might do a little survey.  I stole a bunch of this from the Catholic board. 

1. Does your church identify with a denomination?  If so, what?

2. How many services do you have per week?

3. How many pastors/priests do you have?

4. Do you have any groups or bible studies?  Do you attend any of them?

5.  What is the best thing about your church?

6. What is something your church could work on or do better?

7. Are you very active in your church?

8.What service/s do you normally go too?

Feel free to add more if you think of anything!

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

Re: Survey: Tell me about your Church

• 1. Does your church identify with a denomination? If so, what? yes. Episcopalian.   DH grew up Episcopalian, and I wasn't attatched to any one particular demonination before him.

2. How many services do you have per week? one.

3. How many pastors/priests do you have? one.

4. Do you have any groups or bible studies? Do you attend any of them? There's a women's study, but it wasn't a good fit for me.  I need something a little more focused.  I recently heard about a sewing group, which sound fun.  Those are the ones I can think of right now.  It's a small church, so there aren't usually a lot of groups that are active at one time.

5. What is the best thing about your church? Everyone is so welcoming.

6. What is something your church could work on or do better?  I wish there were more people our age.

7. Are you very active in your church? No.  I've talked with the choir director about joining the choir when the semester is over though.  Right now I have class on Wednesday evening, and that's when practice is.

8.What service/s do you normally go too? the 10am one - the only one. Back when there were two, we used to go to the 11am service, which was Rite II, which DH prefers.  If I was going alone because he was working I would go to the 9am, and it was cool enough to walk if I wanted to.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • znd13znd13 member
    First Comment First Anniversary

All my life I've been Baptist.

We have 3 services.

We have 1 pastor.

I'm not up and up on that sort of thing, because I have been out of the country for 4ish years.

We are a pretty small church, so we all know each other and there are not 'groups',  just one big family. :-)

Reaching out to the community more.

Not yet, but I will be when I go back home in just a few months!

When I'm in town, I go to all of them.

• Ooh, I like this, ravenray! :)

1. Does your church identify with a denomination?  If so, what? No, we're a non-denominational church.

2. How many services do you have per week? 1

3. How many pastors/priests do you have? 2. Although, we just welcomed a youth ministry guy, so, 3, I think.

4. Do you have any groups or bible studies?  Do you attend any of them? On Wednesday nights we have a more in depth Bible study - I've never been because of work. We also have our studen ministry on Wednesday nights. Every other Thursday we have a young adults group, which I'm helping lead. Friday nights we have a couple's small group at one of our member's homes, there's also mens & womens groups that meet on Saturday mornings.

5.  What is the best thing about your church? The people. I have a "Virginia family" thanks to my church.

6. What is something your church could work on or do better? Hmm... I know one of the things we're actively working on is reaching out into the community - and it's definitely an area we need to continue to work on.

7. Are you very active in your church? You could say that, haha. I am a part-time young adults group leader (though it's turning into an "all-the-time", which I'm okay with) and I run the media (slideshow/powerpoint) during worship & the sermon.

8.What service/s do you normally go to? We have one Sunday service at 10, which I'm always at.

• 1. Does your church identify with a denomination?  If so, what? No we are a non-denominational Christian church

2. How many services do you have per week? 2 on Sundays

3. How many pastors/priests do you have? 3--head pastor; worship (music) pastor, and youth pastor

4. Do you have any groups or bible studies?  Do you attend any of them? Yes we have various small groups members can be a part of. I am a member of one with a group of friends similar in age (24-29) that meet every Wed.

5.  What is the best thing about your church? So welcoming, feels like a close knit family! We are also pretty active in the community which  I love. We live in a small town, but our chruch is so involved there is always something to do!

6. What is something your church could work on or do better? Growing community involvement even further and gaining parishoners. We're getting there!

7. Are you very active in your church? Yes involved in community projects and small group. Once the wedding is over and I have more free time I want to volunteer in the nursery or youth programs.

8.What service/s do you normally go too? 9am Sunday

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited April 2013

Evangelical Free

1, Sunday morning 10-11:3ish

5- Senior, Children & Families, Youth, Missions & Small Groups, and Worship

They have many small groups that meet weekly in lieu of Sunday School.  We're in the process of getting plugged into one, since we've only been there for three weeks.

The people-- very warm and welcoming.

It's a small thing that they really can't change, but I wish they didn't have columns in the Sanctuary.  

We're hoping to be.  We start membership classes next Sunday, we're having Ezra dedicated next Sunday, and  I'm going to their Mom's Group for the first time tomorrow.

We go every Sunday.

• MayDay513MayDay513 member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2013

1. Does your church identify with a denomination?  If so, what? Evangelical.

2. How many services do you have per week? LOTS. I attend a mega church. At our campus we have 2 services

3. How many pastors/priests do you have? One main pastor who preaches most weeks, then about 4 at our location

4. Do you have any groups or bible studies?  Do you attend any of them? We have all sorts of groups: Doctrine Class, Biblical Marriage, Redemtion Group (I've attended these). We also have mid week womens study, the Story of God Class and Financial Management class.

5.  What is the best thing about your church? We are encouraged to meet in small groups during the week. Our group meets Thursday, we share a meal, discuss the sermon and every last thursday is Girls Night Out/ Guys Night In (to watch kids) and then we switch the next month

7. Are you very active in your church? Relatively, wish I was more.

8.What service/s do you normally go too? 9am Sunday service

• 1. Does your church identify with a denomination?  If so, what? WELS Lutheran2. How many services do you have per week? 3(two on sun, one on sat.)3. How many pastors/priests do you have?one pastor and one staff minister4. Do you have any groups or bible studies?  Do you attend any of them?Plenty-there are the womans book club, coffee hour, then the womans bible study, mens bible study & activites, Bible breakfast, Seniors, regular bible study, beginner bible study-i attend occasionally5.  What is the best thing about your church?everyone is very friendly6. What is something your church could work on or do better?out reach to the younger generation7. Are you very active in your church?not really but i love far away now. once i get married i will live closer and will be able to make/attend more things8.What service/s do you normally go too?8am early or sat. night

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Great responses guys!  It's really interesting to see the differences between churchs.  I like it!

American Orthodox

Well right now since it is Lent, we have three. One on Sunday, one on Saturday night and one of Wednesday night.  But during the year we only have two (Sat/Sun)

We have two priests. 

I believe so, there is the adult bible study, the young married group (I'm about to start going to this), and Sunday school.  

There is a big community (I've only been attending for 8 months and not faithfully so it's hard to know)

Be more strict about Communion.

I was in my old church, but as of right now I am not.  I'm going to try to join the choir here after Pascha to make me more active.  

I try to always go to the Sunday one and about twice a month the Saturday night one.  

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• lyndsay782lyndsay782 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2013

Evangencial Penecostal (ASG)

Youth on Tuesday Nights, and 2 on Sunday

Three- The Sr Pastor, the Assoc/Youth Pastor and the Kids Pastor

We have lots of them, but they are during the day when I'm at work (or on TK pretending to work) and one on Wednesday night that just started back up. 

That they make my FI and I feel welcome.  They have from day one.  They are there to support us when we need it, and bring accountability to us when we need that too. They are also very involved in our local community, and that I appreciate. 

Like other organizations 10% of the people do 90% of the work.  It would be nice if more people were encouraged to get involved.  We could always use more dedicated helpers in the childrens ministries.

Yes. Especially the childrens ministry. 

Sunday morning/night.  Put I do my preschool ministry Sunday nights, so I'm never in service. 

EDITED: FOR CLARITY

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • krispi921krispi921 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2013

1. Does your church identify with a denomination? If so, what?
    Yes, United Methodist

1 on Sunday morning

Just 1, and even he's not full time

4. Do you have any groups or bible studies? Do you attend any of them?
    They have a Sunday School class, but we don't go (yet)

5. What is the best thing about your church?
    It's a really small church, but people are really involved in the church and in the community. It's an urban church in a fairly large city that it struggling to rebuild its membership. Luckily for the area, lots of people from the suburbs have been moving back into town over the last few years.

We really need to reach out and find more people to attend.

We are now. We've been going there for a year, and in the last few months have been attending almost every week.

Sunday morning. We also have a Wednesday night potlock every other week, but there's no service.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1. Does your church identify with a denomination?  If so, what? United Pentecostal Church International (UPCI)2. How many services do you have per week? 4 - 2 Sunday Services, Wednesday Bible Study, and Friday Youth Service3. How many pastors/priests do you have? 1 Pastor4. Do you have any groups or bible studies?  Do you attend any of them? We have churchwide Bible study5.  What is the best thing about your church? People are super friendly and the church teaches solid Biblical principles6. What is something your church could work on or do better? I would love to see my chuch continue to grow7. Are you very active in your church? Extremely active - music director and youth team member8.What service/s do you normally go too? All of them
  • hyechica81hyechica81 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited April 2013

1. Does your church identify with a denomination?  Armenian Apostolic Orthodox 

2. How many services do you have per week? we have sunday service from 10 am to about 1145

3. How many pastors/priests do you have? 1 priest 1 sub deacon and a bunch of  alter servers 

4. Do you have any groups or bible studies? we have youth group for ages 12-18, sr youth group for ages 18-30, we have a whole bunch of  other groups 

5.  What is the best thing about your church? we are a very small close knit church and almost everyone in the church is related to you somehow. the older members of our church built our church from the bottom up back in the 1980s spending any free time they had to build the church. 

7. Are you very active in your church? yes i am an assistant Sunday school teacher for my moms class 

8.What service/s do you normally go too? Sunday services and special services during the year when they are offered 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards