Wedding Invitations & Paper

Invite Issue

I got my invites in the mail and I hate them. They have a black backing which rubbed off- now all the invites have black smudges on them. My wedding is June 8th but the venue needs a guest count 30 days prior, so I really need to get the invites out ASAP. What do I do?? I don't know if I should just send them (even though I despise them) or order new ones. Help!

Re: Invite Issue

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_invite-issue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:02c4cea9-87ac-42b1-9dda-e0b4104698f6Post:338b0ed2-1b7e-405d-8aba-4de9012e9280">Invite Issue</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got my invites in the mail and I hate them. They have a black backing which rubbed off- now all the invites have black smudges on them. My wedding is June 8th but the <strong>venue needs a guest count 30 days prior</strong>, so I really need to get the invites out ASAP. What do I do?? I don't know if I should just send them (even though I despise them) or order new ones. Help!
    Posted by whinkle863[/QUOTE]

Where did you order them from? Can you call and complain?

As for the venue, a 30 day out count is unreasonable anyways. Give them a best guess at 30 days and a firm number 2 weeks out.

Target has lots of great DIY options. So even if it's not your first choice, I'd suggest just printing your own at this point.

<a href="http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=wedding+invitations&category=0%7CAll%7Cmatchallpartial%7Call+categories&lnk=snav_sbox_wedding+invitations" rel="nofollow">http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=wedding+invitations&category=0%7CAll%7Cmatchallpartial%7Call+categories&lnk=snav_sbox_wedding+invitations</a>
  • I'm also wondering where they are from. It would be good to know to warn other brides. I would call the company and complain.
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • If I were you I would just send out what you have now due to time constraints. I'm getting married the end of this month and I sent my invites out the end of January.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_invite-issue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:02c4cea9-87ac-42b1-9dda-e0b4104698f6Post:338b0ed2-1b7e-405d-8aba-4de9012e9280">Invite Issue</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got my invites in the mail and I hate them. They have a black backing which rubbed off- now all the invites have black smudges on them. My wedding is June 8th but the venue needs a guest count 30 days prior, so I really need to get the invites out ASAP. What do I do?? I don't know if I should just send them (even though I despise them) or order new ones. Help!
    Posted by whinkle863[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Why don't you call up the company and complain?  They may resend the order overnight.

</div>
  • go to a local printer he can reprint them same day minus the smudges and cheaper than you think.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • don't panic yet..june is april-may-away :) there are plenty of things you can do #1 call the company and complain of unusable invitations. #2 if you have a printer doing your own is really easy. #3 like i said take them to a local printer,he can reprint them minus the smudges.get your money back from original invitation company.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Call the company and ask them to reprint and expedite mailing to you.  Wedding invitations should be mailed 6-8 weeks ahead of the wedding, so you're fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards