May 2013 Weddings

stress

I'm having a destination wedding on May 5th, and went out to the destination last weekend to meet with vendors and make arrangements.  All the vendors seemed really great and professional, but since I got back I can't stop worrying about details and thinkng of more things I need to do to prepare.  I tried to take a day off from thinking about wedding stuff yesterday, and it didn't work. I couldn't stop myself from replying to emails, making lists, etc.

So, my questions is, how are the rest of you dealing with the stress, especially as the day gets closer?

Re: stress

• Taking it ONE TASK at a time and making to do lists!  Then as I get a few things checked off, I give myself a few days to not think about anything wedding!    And, remember, many of those details, like white or ivory, many poeple won't even notice and you'll be having too much fun to notice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker TnE0217
  • Agreed with tprice - when I start getting caught up in the details I just tell myself that no one is going to remember these crazy details that I'm getting hung up on, its just about being there and celebrating together.  

So, do your best to just check one thing off at a time, but remember you can only do so much.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 177 Invited image
    3 Yes image
    0 No image
    174 ? image
  • I created some lists to try to stay organized. I even created one called "don't forget" with little things that I want to remember as I get closer.

Just take it one task at a time, and if you start getting overwhelmed, try to consider how important that task really is in the grand scheme of things.

Remember this: At the end of the (wedding) day, the important thing is that you and FI will be married and happy. (And most people won't even realize all the small details you worried yourself so much about) :)
    May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
    My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You all are doing so much better than me... I'm soooo not handling the stress.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm also having a destination wedding in May. I did the same thing as you. I went to the destination site to meet with vendors etc. I decided to hire a wedding consultant in the area that way anything I need or think of she can do. I did the hard part, took care of the venues etc. I hired her to handle everything else, including on my wedding day so it will be less stress. Her fee was $500, but so worth it. She's actually picking up my flowers and taking care of the cake. I felt out of sorts because I'm not from that area, but I have everything done and wedding is May11th.
  • For me I think it is some off combination of excitement and stress. I am really excitd to do all of the things I have left liek decorating my flower girls' baskets, shopping for the honeymoon, picking up my dress next week, but also nervouse about getting it all done!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_stress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:ed43a5f1-2def-4a7a-92ff-39afdd5a1d35Post:6e5feb1b-b3ee-426a-ad50-23bb3352b7cb">stress</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having a destination wedding on May 5th, and went out to the destination last weekend to meet with vendors and make arrangements.  All the vendors seemed really great and professional, but since I got back I can't stop worrying about details and thinkng of more things I need to do to prepare.  I tried to take a day off from thinking about wedding stuff yesterday, and it didn't work. I couldn't stop myself from replying to emails, making lists, etc. So, my questions is, how are the rest of you dealing with the stress, especially as the day gets closer?
    Posted by kesmid[/QUOTE]
     <div>I know how you feel!  I went from an almost 200 guest wedding in another state 2 yrs ago to a 35 guest wedding in the same town as we live in and the whole process still seems so overwhelming.  I feel like I'm the only bride who hates wedding planning & can't handle the stress of it all.  I'm able to manage everything else in my life well, just not wedding planning.  :(</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards