Illinois-Chicago

Looking for casual outdoor wedding reception venue - Chicago South Suburbs (HELP!)

So our original date was supposed to be May 25, 2014 and we were going to plan this big, extravagent wedding.  We even booked Georgio's Banquet hall in Orland Park.  But after a whole lot of thinking, my FH and I are more partial to having a smaller wedding of just close family and friends.  We chose the Wayside Chapel in Palos Park (I've always dreamed of having an outdoor garden ceremony!) 

The real dillema is where to have the reception!  We're looking for any recommendations for outdoor pavillions in the south suburbs or a nice restaurant where we can rent out a small room for an after party so to speak.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks, Knotties!

Re: Looking for casual outdoor wedding reception venue - Chicago South Suburbs (HELP!)

• Not sure but It hink you can have wedding at Lake Katherine...or maybe just the ceremony..It's worth looking into

If you are looking at nice indoor venues though..I have heard great things about Ruffled Feathers and Odyssey Country Club
  •  How many people are you having.  I am from the south suburbs and I am scratching my head trying to think of places. Off of the top of my head I thought of

Limestone Grill in Palos Heights
    Blackwood Grill & Bar in Worth 
    Jenny's Steakhouse in Mokena and/or Chicago Ridge
    Coopers Hawk Winery in Orland Park
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • CD&ME in Frankfort
  • I just got married at the Wayside Chapel in Palos, it was beautiful even though the garden wedding season hasnt officially started yet.

We had our reception at Niko's in Bridgeview, they were very reasonable I think it was $34 per plate and that included our cake and open bar as well (Friday wedding).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards