Favors

Quote help for magnet favors

We are having magnet favors that we cut out/assembled/glued.  Cut out circles from magazines, scrapbrook paper, old dictionaries, etc. and glued them on a magnet and then a glass piece over it.  We are packaging them in cute organza bags with a drawstring.  I am struggling with a quote to put on the tag attached to the drawstring. 

Something ilike....We are stuck on eachother so stick this on your fridge to remember us....but something way more witty than that.

Any ideas?

Re: Quote help for magnet favors

• Honestly, I don't think most people would take the magnets home.  Or if they did they'd end up in the trash.  I hate clutter on my refrigerator.  And I'm pretty sure magnets don't stick to most stainless steel refrigerators.  I'd go with something edible. 
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2013
    Since your wedding is next month...I assume you already have these. I really don't want to rain on your parade any further, since it probably was a lot of work to make them.

But ditto PP. Honestly, I wouldn't want them.

I think the easiest thing to do if you're looking for some saying for the tag is:
    "Klthomas and FI have a magnetic attraction"
  • I think it's an adorable idea! I personally like having magnets on my fridge so I can put stuff on it that i need to remember. I never seem to have enough magnets. I like what PP said. Put something how you guys have a magnetic attraction
  • i have a pet peeve with all this "nobody likes favors, do something edible" stuff.

personally, i think its cute.  no, it won't stick to my fridge, but I DO have other places that I have magnets....bulletin boards and my craft room.  any kids can use them as locker magnets too =)

I agree, something about magnetic attraction or being 'stuck' or 'bringing together'.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_quote-help-for-magnet-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:809601e6-4a8f-4782-ae7f-bbedd469b543Post:401922e0-d1c9-4864-9bb8-3725f8b8f29e">Re: Quote help for magnet favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]i have a pet peeve with all this "nobody likes favors, do something edible" stuff. personally, i think its cute.  no, it won't stick to my fridge, but I DO have other places that I have magnets....bulletin boards and my craft room.  any kids can use them as locker magnets too =) I agree, something about magnetic attraction or being 'stuck' or 'bringing together'.
    Posted by gymbugmj2k[/QUOTE]

<div>Welll, that's because most favors, usually due to a cost factor, tend to be tchotchkes.  I like to keep my home clutter free, so most of these types of favors wouldn't stay long in my house.  And if it's personalized with someone else's info, it's hitting the trash immediately.  </div><div>
    </div><div>If one wants to guarantee the most amount of people will take them home, edible is the best route to go.</div>
  • Blue_BirdBlue_Bird member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2013
    It's a cute idea, but it won't be kept if it has anything to do with you or your fiance on it, I'm sorry to say. How about, "I'm stuck on you" or something like that. It's neutral, and something that people may use.
  • I actually think they are cute and I would put them on my fridge.
    I know a lot of people with SS fridges that wouldn't be able to use them though.

I can't think of anything cute. I keep thinking of "attraction" but... nothing to go with it. Maybe just your names and date on the tag, or a note of thanks?
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• i also think they are cute. i wish i could think of something witty for you. i seem to be the outcast always saying that i like favors of my friends and family and people i love.and i would gladly put it on my fridge :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards