Chit Chat

Most Embarrasing Date!

2»

Re: Most Embarrasing Date!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_most-embarrasing-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:8538da1f-2e3d-4a07-92a6-694cc8558385Post:583de249-5f62-4aa0-a672-f628eb08efdf">Re: Most Embarrasing Date!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Only one? I went out with men we jokingly call the Naked Man, Rose Man, personality profile guy, kiddie surprise, stuck at 13 guy, grandpa, and cow turd boy.
    Posted by MsYeck[/QUOTE]

Elaboration is a requirement on this post. I anticipate great entertainment value from you!!
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• I've not one, but TWO embarassing date stories...

Story 1:

In college, got asked out on a date by a fellow freshman. Ok, he's nice, I didn't date in HS, so let's just enjoy ourselves. Being too young to drink, and not interested in going downtown to the clubs, we went to the student union (we lived on campus). Friday nights, the union has events with recently released films, comedy shows, laser tag, mechanical bull riding, you get the picture. We see a movie, see the improv, have fun with some laser tag. (all free, mind you). Decide we're hungry, grab Wendy's at the food court (this is important in a minute).

After eating, head back to maybe play some more laser tag, chit chat, and laugh at ourselves and other folks trying the mechanical bull. Group of guys ahead of us at the bull are obviously a bit tipsy. One of them is up for his turn, races up and climbs aboard. Attendant does not notice, but Tipsy Guy 1 has climbed on with a large Wendy's Frosty in hand. Apparently, he was pretty good, and his friends upped the ante- ride it while holding a drink or something in hand. Do you see where this is going?

It didn't take more than a minute before the Frosty went flying. And yes, it landed on me. Not just landed on me. It exploded on my face, chest, arms, and stomach. I was a dripping, chocolatey mess. Date at least ran for large paper towels. I managed to get most of it off, but then slipped and cracked my tailbone in the mess on the floor. Nothing says First Date Embarassing Failure like smelling like a Frosty and having Tipsy Guys yell that your Date broke your "three letter word for butt" and other obscene comments.

Story #2

I've since graduated college, moved to another city, started grad school. Meet a guy at random in a bookstore. Strike up a convo, he asks me if I want to grab some dinner. I'm ok with that, but I'm NOT ok with him driving me from bookstore to restaurant and back (I just met him, ok?)

He picks an Asian restaurant that just opened. Now this isn't your regular Chinese take out or Japanese hibachi or sushi place. This is Asian Fusion. I'm a meat and potatoes girl, I can't identify most of the menu. He orders edemame as an apetizer. I've never tried it in my life (parents never wanted to expand my culinary horizons, and I was a picky eater as a kid). I give it a shot. Within 10 minutes, I have mauled at least 5 pieces of edemame, and managed to actually eat about 2. I'm surreptitiously digging bits out of my teeth where they got stuck.

Conversation is interesting, but all I can think about is the green bits of edemame that must be sticking out of my teeth. I can even feel bits of it! I'm bright red the whole time, to the point where the guy asks if I'm ok, do I need more water, sometimes asian food can be unexpectedly hot...oy.

By the end of the night, all I got was a handshake. I thought "well, good job chipmunk, you'll never hear from that one again," and went home to floss. I did hear from him though. And now, we're about to hit our third anniversary from that date, and I'm marrying him!
  • Chipmunk - See that's just a great "you can't make this stuff up" kind of story/details. The frosty is just...classic. 

Did you eat the whole edamame?? The first time someone ordered it for me it was one of my vendors, so I took them and ate. I liked it.. Vendor and his wife were laughing hysterically. I finally said WHAT?? and they told me you aren't supposed to eat the pod. Oops.

Kristan, you could way turn that into a Stephen King book, especially with the name Wally. We just need a Morty to be written in....add some pig's blood and a car murderous vehicle.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Muppet- I wish I had photos now. As for the Edemame, I was sticking the whole thing in my mouth and using my teeth to try to squeeze out the peas. Not pretty. I looked like a velociraptor trying to go vegan.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_most-embarrasing-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:8538da1f-2e3d-4a07-92a6-694cc8558385Post:2af362b2-aac0-4fbf-8a52-c1d589570351">Re: Most Embarrasing Date!</a>:
    [QUOTE] I looked like a velociraptor trying to go vegan.
    Posted by Chipmunk415[/QUOTE]

My diet orange soda just went through my nose.
    image   imageimage

• MuppetFanMuppetFan member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_most-embarrasing-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:8538da1f-2e3d-4a07-92a6-694cc8558385Post:b99753df-62d1-43db-bb5f-d33fb97f66ba">Re: Most Embarrasing Date!</a>:
    [QUOTE]MuppetFan, that one is scary.  I'd be thinking date rape drug.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

I don't think she felt it was scary....she calls it her most embarrassing moment. She drinks A LOT. I think she blacked out that way.
    image   imageimage

• Naked guy- 2nd date watching a movie and pizza at my place. He asks where the bathroom is . I grab a glass of wine while he is In the bathroom, come around the corner just in Time to see him coming out buck naked. I was both pissed and amused, pissed that I had done nothing to provoke this (presumptive $ss) and amused because if I was a guy and that small I would keep it covered as long as possible. Took 30 minutes and me threatening to have my brother come over to get him to leave. Personality assessment guy was a blind date. He literally showed up with a personality exam he had paid extra from an online dating site and compared it to mine (which he also printed out) and explained for the next 45 minutes how much we watched up. I had my sister do a bail out call to escape that one. Kiddie guy said he had ONE kid and was Italian, until we are making out and he says a different name for he child and I find out he has 4 and another on the way with his ex-wife, but don't worry because he had a vasectomy. And he lived on goverment assistance and housing because I quote "the bit@h took everything." Forever Teenager- still cannot believe I dated him for 4 whole months of non stop 10-12 year old nonstop fart jokes. Oh wait I forgot he had season Husker tickets so when the season ended so did he. Grandpa- nice Dr about 9years older but looked alot older. At the Iowa State Fair he was walking away from a booth and the vendor said "honey your FATHER is leaving without you." Offensive guy- blind date sowed up at a nice restaurant in a dirty torn up thirst and jeans. Would ask about your background and your opinions and then berate them. Think like redneck trailer trash nazi. I wore a dress and he went off about how only prissy uptight @itches did that. Also order expensive stuff and then hold me he didn't have enough money and how I needed to get us both. That $ss actually tried to get a kiss and another date out of me. UFO- Another Dr he old me on the first date he was abducted and held for a year by aliens. Check please! Virgin hunter/ kinky hairless man- he was an chinese Dr who was a virgin. Was a nice guy until intimate stuff. He was hairless and I don't mean his head there was hair there but nowhere else. He wanted a white girl to be is first and after that wanted S&M, not my cup of tea. Deported guy- Another Dr Indian this time but from Canada. Never found out all the details, but a fiend of mine who worked at the mental facility he worked for said that patients where being forcibly restrained and the facility pulled their sponsorship. Back to Canada he went. He too wanted to use restraints. Cow Turd was my first boyfriend. He was from the sticks aka village of about 100. First Christmas I got fudge in the shape of a cow turd with a white chocolate golf bowl stuck in it. Moral of the story not everyone in the Midwest is a "good ole boy" and Dr's are total freaks!
  • Wow. Where were you for the weirdest guy you've dated post? You won that one. I'll make it official. My Ghost Busters freak was only one guy. You win for quantity of weirdos alone. 

Note to self...do not look for men in Omaha.
    image   imageimage

• Too many! This older guy I was dating at the time wanted me to meet his parents. I was only 19 at the time and barely drank. I totally blacked out but apparently i went off on all politicians I didn't even know who any politicians were at the time so I don't know what the hell i could have said warning this is pretty grossanother time i was in California with family at a really nice restaurant so fi could meet my grandma when i got a sick stomach and went to the bathroom. well i don't remember how it happened but i got 2 on the back of my thin white pants. I was in there for a good 20 minutes scrubbing it with soap and water when my mom came looking for me
  • that's embarrassing for sure!

I
    image   imageimage

• After FFF I thought I would throw one in here, because the bull riding one reminded me.

I went to a 4th of July function at the church I used to attend. They had a concert, bull riding, dunk tank, you know. Typical carny stuff. Well, having grown up in the country with horses/cattle all my life, and having been a bronco rider myself, I decided to 'impress' boy be showing him I could actually ride for longer than 2 seconds.

So I get up there and tell the vendor man 'Hey, I'm a pretty good rider, do you think you can give me a challenge?'. He says sure, and off we go. In about 2 minutes he had maxed out the capacities on the bull and I was still hanging on. So again, at a church function, he loudly announces over a PA system 'We've got a winner, this girl can ride a bucking bull FOREVER. Men, get in line to take her home!'. I was 17 and MORTIFIED. Boy was laughing his @ss off at me so I left him and actually walked 2 miles home. That one still stings.
    my blog - for the love of ein
    'Next time, just fart.' - BriSox81
  • LOL. Was he impressed with your awesomeness though? I bet you could ride longer than him.

I've never ridden a bull...or a mechanical one in real life. Not even at a carnival. I need to visit TX.
    image   imageimage

• rachelm13rachelm13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2013
    I have a NSFW story about riding a bull... bruising... wow.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    201 Invited image 139 Attending image 20 Declined image 42 Are making me wait image
  • you home yet to tell the story? sheesh.
    image   imageimage

• When FI and I first got together, he really wanted to take me to his favorite bar. I'm such a lightweight, but after I have a few, I always say I can outdrink anyone, of course I can't... So I get up to my 5th Smirnoff and found out he was on his 6th beer, and I was like oh, I don't think so. I ordered my 6th and sucked it down. Than he ordered himself a shot of Crown, and I argue that I wanted that one, not my own, but his. So laughing, he orders another and we do them. Within a few minutes, I was like, I don't feel so well... I than asked if I could throw up in his car, and he graciously pulled over, and than I proceeded to throw up in his driveway. Very embarrassing early date, but FI loves to tell the story, and to hear him tell it makes me laugh so hard.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards