October 2013 Weddings

Weekly Checks Thread

Rather than doing 12hundred threads... what if we do a single thread, where every body posts their checks that they've gotten done since the last thread was posted? Or, post in the thread the checks you get done throughout the week? What do you ladies think?

Re: Weekly Checks Thread

• Stina51286Stina51286 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2013

Great idea!

• Sounds good to me!

We picked our BM dresses! (kind of - we're going to Davids Bridal, the girls just need to pick their actual dresses which most have and idea already) I feel relieved now that that decision is made. One of my MOHs already bought her dress two - four more to go! I also decided we are going with black shoes instead of dark red because it is easier for the girls.

I also emailed a travel agent about our honeymoon - we want to do Australia/New Zealand and I am hoping they can help us do it under a reasonable budget. They specialize in trips 'down under' and make custom packages (they plan EVERYTHING from flights/hotels/transportation/excursions) so I am really hoping they can do it. Though FI was fighting me on a honeymoon this weekend because the house we are trying to get needs updating and he is thinking he would rather spend the money on that.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• Our venue meeting is tonight, and I've been emailing back and fourth with our travel agent about finalizing plans for our honeymoon [Kauai]. Hopefully I'll be giving her a deposit this week to book the condo unit we chose! It took a while for FI to agree to pick a place also. I don't have much more to report. Hoping to buy the Save the Date stamps today because my phone broke during the weekend. Getting the phone going again took all my spare time. We added another 8 people to the guest list this weekend, and I'm sure it's finalized at this point. Going to start work on the invitations as soon as the Save the Dates are mailed.
  • Im going to post my checks later this week. I ordered my nieces's flower girl dress so I am waiting for that to come in before posting pictures.

• We met with two potential DJ's this weekend.  I was really hoping it'd be an easy decision between them, but it's not- we loved them both!!!!  They are only about $200 different in price, one's been doing it for 3 years (lower price) the other for 10+.  One consideration we need to make is that the wife of the lower cost dj plays violin and is available to play classical/contemporary pieces during cocktail hour.  We just need to decide if that's something that we want to do or not.  Oh decisions!

Hoping to go BM and MOB dress shopping this week, that's a check I'd love to get off my list!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_weekly-checks-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:768abd72-7d1b-4f87-869a-6198e5bdb92aPost:26f8c9a5-da46-450f-9005-17f56d188e91">Re: Weekly Checks Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im going to post my checks later this week. I ordered my nieces's flower girl dress so I am waiting for that to come in before posting pictures.
    Posted by Stina51286[/QUOTE]

<div>I can't wait to see it!!!</div><div>
    </div><div>Our checks:</div><div>- met with our ceremony coordinator. Picked our vows! Figured out the order for the ceremony & got to check out the rooms we will be in for getting ready at the church. DANGIT. I just realized I forgot to ask her about the programs..... Sigh. Oh well, I can send her an email. </div><div>- ordered his band! The lady helping us was unsure on the pricing for my band, so she was going to call the designer and then call my FH today. And hopefully send me a picture! The store is having their spring sale - and there won't be another sale like this before our wedding, so we went for it. 20% isn't a lot, but hey, it's better than nothing! (His band went from $250 to $200)</div><div>- confirmed with his sisters their roles in the wedding. His youngest sister will be playing our prelude music on the piano - she's started practicing a few pieces. I got to hear one of them this weekend, she's so talented. :) His other sister will be doing a reading for us after my dad gives me away. We're not sure yet what she'll read. We want her to pick something, or maybe even write a poem for us. She likes that kind of thing, so she's okay with it.</div><div>- and we maaaaaay have picked our first dance song. It randomly came up on the radio, and he said, "what about this?" He's going to see if there's another arrangement/instrumentation of it, and I'm going to have to listen to it a few more times before we decide for sure. But, yay for progress!</div><div>
    </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_weekly-checks-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:768abd72-7d1b-4f87-869a-6198e5bdb92aPost:fb417e2f-9c6b-4c3f-8854-9910baa93268">Re: Weekly Checks Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE] Though FI was fighting me on a honeymoon this weekend because the house we are trying to get needs updating and he is thinking he would rather spend the money on that.
    Posted by hardlyhannah[/QUOTE]
    That's why we're delaying our honeymoon -- our house is in desperate need of renovations and we'd rather be able to do a second phase of saving post-honeymoon and still be able to pay for the wedding and home renovations.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_weekly-checks-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:768abd72-7d1b-4f87-869a-6198e5bdb92aPost:636886f9-62ac-4595-a605-b990b857e73c">Re: Weekly Checks Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weekly Checks Thread : That's why we're delaying our honeymoon -- our house is in desperate need of renovations and we'd rather be able to do a second phase of saving post-honeymoon and still be able to pay for the wedding and home renovations.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

<div>The thing is they are cosmetic not functional renovations that we want to do, so I would rather have a honeymoon and do the cosmetic changes to the house later. Either way we aren't doing the honeymoon right away, we are thinking more Feb/Mar 2014. I just have the feeling that if we don't do it right away(ish) we won't do it - because I want to try to have babies pretty quickly too. </div>
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• We had our cake tasting yesterday!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• lplions you got a ton done, way to go.  Must be an awesome feeling.  What song did you two hear that you really liked?
  • shaylagirlshaylagirl member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited April 2013
    Finally selected the invites!!  Why was that so hard?  *sigh*  No idea, but big sis jumped in and wants to pay for those.  Fine with me!!  At the rate we're going, all we're going to end up paying for is the tuxes, my dress and the rings.  And I feel guilty about that.  Embarassed

Looked at a chain place for tuxes, said eff it, ya'll suck after talking to them for a few minutes, found an AWESOME local place so picked out colors and such.  Groom and all the guys will go next weekend to select which tuxes they like best and will look best on them.

I'm 98% certain I've found my wedding band (and, because I want one sooo bad, it comes with an e ring for a great deal), so hoping to finalize that in the next day or two.  Started getting ideas as to what -he- wants in his wedding band.

Talked with his Pastor yesterday so we can start doing classes and getting our books.  Who knew marriage involved a pop quiz?  :)

Yeah, I haven't gotten much of anything done lately. 
  • Ooh I feel behind. Order my wedding shoes. Secure steel band player for cocktail hr. That's it.
  • My wedding dress FINALLY came in! It's been 6 months since I have seen it so I am going tomorrow to try it on! We also went and looked at rings again yesterday and I decided I want an enhancer instead of just a band, so that helps narrow down my choices :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have our cake tasting tonight!! We have so far only looked at the one place, which came with many recommendations, but I'm considering trying another... just for comparison purposes.

And we met with two florists as well, and are in the final stages of selecting which one we want to go with... one is a bit more traditional, and one is fun and kind of quirky with her ideas.

Also met with the caterer and confirmed food choices for invitiations, linen colours, and what to do with kids meals.

Other than that... I really need to get on the ball with bridesmaids dresses, but the next few weeks look like they may be VERY hard to get everyone together. I'm impressed with how far along everyone else is... makes me feel like I'm behind!
  • libby, when FH & I are in the same place, it turns into wedding planning madness. I'm hoping we'll be done done planning soon so we can just enjoy our visits, rather than continue to go crazy with wedding appointments.

"Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop" by Landon Pigg. I've listened to it a few more times this morning, and I think I'm, (eye roll) falling for it. Still not 100% on it, though, so, we'll see.
  • We mailed out our save the dates yesterday! My dad got ordained last Thursday so he will be marrying us :) FI's boss started building our arch for the ceremony. And.....the best part: I bought my dress today!! http://www.jcrew.com/wedding/Wedding_Bride/gowns/sheath/PRDOVR~30036/30036.jsp Love seeing everyone's progress! I think the weekly check thread is a great idea.
  • We....have nothing wedding related this week. We had a trip to St. Louis planned for this weekend so M-Th is super busy at work. Now that the St. Louis trip has been canceled I am hoping to possibly go shopping for some of the DIY projects for our wedding and then take it easy this weekend. I want to go on a Wisconsin adventure (go somewhere I haven't been since I have only lived here for 3.5 years) but my fiance is concerned about finances, as always, so I will have to keep it cheap.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_weekly-checks-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:768abd72-7d1b-4f87-869a-6198e5bdb92aPost:b72f1fb9-07a2-4cd2-a112-5baf95a9c3bd">Re: Weekly Checks Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weekly Checks Thread : The thing is they are cosmetic not functional renovations that we want to do, so I would rather have a honeymoon and do the cosmetic changes to the house later. Either way we aren't doing the honeymoon right away, we are thinking more Feb/Mar 2014. I just have the feeling that if we don't do it right away(ish) we won't do it - because I want to try to have babies pretty quickly too. 
    Posted by hardlyhannah[/QUOTE]

Ours are mostly cosmetic -- the bones are good, but we want to do things like install laminate and tile where there's carpet and linoleum, hang drywall where there's paneling, replace kitchen counters, modify the mantle, et cetera. We're planning on starting to TTC about six months after getting married, but we're taking our honeymoon about four months later because he works IT for retail and I'm a nurse, so the holidays are way too busy for us to take any time in November, December or January.

• Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_weekly-checks-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:768abd72-7d1b-4f87-869a-6198e5bdb92aPost:0ddd4052-d282-4439-9209-7b0521e1c10f">Re: Weekly Checks Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]libby, when FH & I are in the same place, it turns into wedding planning madness. I'm hoping we'll be done done planning soon so we can just enjoy our visits, rather than continue to go crazy with wedding appointments.  "Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop" by Landon Pigg. I've listened to it a few more times this morning, and I think I'm, (eye roll) falling for it. Still not 100% on it, though, so, we'll see.
    Posted by lplions[/QUOTE]

<div>I love that song -- until it gets to the part where it starts singing really high.  Then, I have to change it to the next song on the iPod.  It's a bute song, though!</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_weekly-checks-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:768abd72-7d1b-4f87-869a-6198e5bdb92aPost:140503e4-8aca-4908-a676-72b33eb4d6d5">Re: Weekly Checks Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weekly Checks Thread : I love that song -- until it gets to the part where it starts singing really high.  Then, I have to change it to the next song on the iPod.  It's a bute song, though!
    Posted by Rochelle041[/QUOTE]

<div>Yea, I'm unsure about it partly because of that. I've given him the task of looking to see if there are any good covers/different arrangements of it. He's the music geek, so, he'll have fun with it.</div>
  • Just booked our honeymoon!! Very excited. A week in Kauai. Not as exciting as a three week trip through Europe, though ;] So much progress! You ladies rock.
  • -Meeting with our possible ceremony musician tuesday night

-Picking up my dress from alterations wednesday (bustle and cups sewn in)

-Ordered my invites, rsvps and reception cards yesterday

-Searched for a new videographer but still no luck

-Fiance decided to extend our honeymoon a few days longer :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_weekly-checks-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:768abd72-7d1b-4f87-869a-6198e5bdb92aPost:5476fc47-ec4b-466f-9a7f-5c80eec41f88">Re:Weekly Checks Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just booked our honeymoon!! Very excited. A week in Kauai. Not as exciting as a three week trip through Europe, though ;] So much progress! You ladies rock.
    Posted by formerlyCooper[/QUOTE]

We're doing at least a week in Kauai as well!! But we're not going until November.  We've got an extension to-do list, so excited for hiking, kayaking, and paddleboarding!!!
  • Yaay honeymoons all around! :D What I'm excited for most is the unadulterated couple time. I didn't know going into the engagement and wedding planning process that we would have so many commitments and so little time to ourselves. It's wearing. I'm looking forward to the time for just us and celebrating our achievement as a couple. Does anyone else feel the same?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_weekly-checks-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:768abd72-7d1b-4f87-869a-6198e5bdb92aPost:128b02d8-1934-4824-8eb0-31ce414458d9">Re:Weekly Checks Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yaay honeymoons all around! :D What I'm excited for most is the unadulterated couple time. I didn't know going into the engagement and wedding planning process that we would have so many commitments and so little time to ourselves. It's wearing. I'm looking forward to the time for just us and celebrating our achievement as a couple. Does anyone else feel the same?
    Posted by formerlyCooper[/QUOTE]

<div>Absolutely yes. It's part of the reason I'm ready to just be DONE with wedding planning. I'm ready for the crazy to be over so when we do actually get to see each other, we can actually see each other, rather than go nuts with wedding details.</div>

• Flower girl dress came in! It wasn't expensive and had free shipping.

Chalk board signs for the photobooth are finished.

Ordered invites

Got the finalized list from FI's mom (that was a nightmare).

My wedding band is 90% paid off

Put a deposit/picked out FI's wedding band.

• The flower girl dress is adorable, Stina! Awesome that you got the invites ordered, also. Just mailed off our Save the Date cards. Glad to finally have that out of the way!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards