Chit Chat

The Last Unicorn

Some of the "nerd" comments in the I Judge thread on E got me to thinking. . . anyone else here absolutley love the Rankin Bass film The Last Unicorn as a child or even now?

I think it is my favorite movie, and I really enjoyed the novel as well.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwsgjpqHa61qib9oao1_500.gif

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

Re: The Last Unicorn

• I love the book! The movie makes me want to shake the girl, but it's pretty solid anyway.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• I love it and have it on DVD. And now I have the theme song/opening credits song in my head. "When the last eagle flies..."
  • The book was one of my favorites for a long time as a kid!!
    Soon-to-be Mrs. Kent
  • ONE OF MY FAVORITE MOVIES EVER!!!!!!!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Lurker chiming in...

I own the DVD, but did not know it was based on a book.  Looks like I'll be tracking this one down on Amazon!
  • I'd totally forgotten about this movie.  I'm pretty sure I watched it a million times when I was a kid though

• I don't think I've ever heard of this... What's the premise?
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • The book is one of my favorites. Audre- it's the story of a unicorn who leaves her forest on a quest to find out if she is the last of her kind. She meets a magician and a bandit leaders wife and falls in love.
  • It's absolutely one of my favorites.  I purchased it on DVD years ago.  Unfortunately I neglected to remember that it's not really a kid movie for those like 5 years old before I re-watched it with my ex and his kids.  Whoops. 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I even had a fish I named The Lady Amalthea.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Audre, it's at least interesting to keep in mind while reading/watching this story that it is chaulk full of symbolism.  There's a heapton of interpretations of the symbols out there; everything from the moth that is her friend to the color of the bull that is her enemy (or why it's even a bull/male.)
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Oh geez, it sounds really interesting. I'll have to check it out!
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • My dad got it for me on DVD quite a few years ago b/c I was SO in love w/ the movie as a kid. Still a favorite to this day <3 Need to find the book!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay, so many fans :-)

BTW, if you loved TLU did you also enjoy Legend?

http://trueslant.com/mikeharvkey/files/2009/04/legend.jpg

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards