September 2013 Weddings

Checklists

Who here is using TK checklist?  Have you found other good ones?

I created my own using TK checklist.  I copied everything over to a document on my computer, and added a bunch of stuff that I also wanted to do/that I would forget if I don't have it in a checklist.  I'm pretty good about keeping things up to date and getting them done "on time" (with exception of the STUPID SAVE THE DATES!).  I also keep a binder with my contracts and vendor info.  I need to type everything up though on a cheat sheet.

Any other organizational tips to share?

Re: Checklists

• I'm trying to keep on top of my TK checklist, but I also just have a running Google Doc (accessible from anywhere!) that I'm been using to stay (somewhat) organized.

My biggest thing is all of the small DIY stuff I don't want to forget about -- and it's so difficult not to keep adding things as I go along!
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm doing that checklist and keeping a binder with "to-do's" that are wedding specific, vendor quotes/checks paid, etc. I like my binder better to be honest. But I am using TK  checklist as a back up
  • I use TK checklist along w/ a copy I wrote out in a binder that FI has access to at any time. It helps keep him on track ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been using TK checklist and it's been a great help.  I've done my best to stay ahead of the game by cheating ahead and looking to see what's next.   Like mpickl said, my issue is going to be with the little details like purchasing the guestbook, buying a hanger for my dress, getting my accessories.  

FI has made kick ass spreadsheets to help organize our guestlist and the budget.  I'll give him all the props on that one :)
    *** September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration ***
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I manage my budget and checklist on Wedding Wire, which is connected to our website and has a great mobile app.  I created spreadsheets for the DIY stuff, guest lists (wedding, bachelorette and bridal showers - MOH totally wanted to make out with me for making it so easy for her lol), and I also have printed checklists that I keep in the binder.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • This is probably a no-brainer but I created a label in my email to keep track of all the conversations I've had with vendors. It helps me go back and look at timelines too. 

I also use the Evernote app a lot to keep track of ideas I want to look into later. If I'm out somewhere and see something I like, I just take a picture and upload it to my wedding notebook in the app. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_checklists?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:90bbea17-7e29-4458-882f-f4c8a8c4ddfePost:c5fb77ab-eb0c-4622-a7b9-115b9b59b452">Re: Checklists</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is probably a no-brainer but I created a label in my email to keep track of all the conversations I've had with vendors
    Posted by janellegt13[/QUOTE]

That too lol.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
  • I have been using TK checklist as well as the checklist on Wedding Wire and a compiled list on my computer.  I wanted to double and tripple check that tasks got done. 
    September 2013 Siggy ~Hair Inspiration~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Something that my sister-in-law did for her wedding in December was sit down and write out everything for the days of the wedding. (Rehearsal Friday and Wedding Saturday). Going through it all in order helped us figure out exactly what would happen when, and what details we might be leaving out. It was basically an outline of the whole event, and it's been incredibly helpful! I'm also using TK checklist to keep me on schedule!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards