• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
May 2011 Weddings

Hiya peeps!

How are you?

How was your weekend? We went to the Nats game on Sun and they got creamed! But it was a gorgeous day and still a fun day at the park :)  I now own a t-shirt to my new favorite NL team (still bitter about the Astros moving leagues). :D

I don't work today, but it sounds like my luck from Fri has carried over and another patient of mine is probably being put to sleep today.  :-/  

speaking of Peeps! Have you seen the winnder of the annual Peep diorama contest?  they are awesome (as usual!)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
Fred Rogers

Re: Hiya peeps!

• Morning!

Weekend was good. Ended up getting my oil changed on Saturday in the afternoon and was pleasantly surprised to find out it was a short wait. We went over to the mall to wait and I ended up going over to Old Navy and I bought a couple shirts. They're BOGO! I bought a few shirts for work before going back after maternity leave with the intention that I would be losing weight and could fit into my old stuff. I gained, so I still can't fit into my old stuff and don't have a lot of clothes I can wear, so I'm glad I went in. H hates Old Navy, so I don't go in there much.

Yesterday H came home and it was just a partial lazy day.

Aggie, sorry to hear about one of your patients. :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hello! 
    I worked 8-4 Sat&Sun and DH was at his mom's house for the start of trout season, so I had a pretty boring weekend. 

Aggie - Sorry about your bad day on Friday. :( Sounds like you had a nice weekend to make up for it, though! 
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Hi ladies. 

I am glad your H is home Kris!  I hope he had a sucessful trip.  

JLQ hi.  Do you work today? sorry it was a boring weekend.   We *may* be going to a game in Pittsburg this May.  I know its not that close to you, but made me think of you.  I will obviouslly let you know.    

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2013
    ::waves::

Our weekend was consumed with house things.  We picked paint colors (squee!) and packed a bit. 

I also watched my one year old niece, who is quite fun.  She wouldn't nap for me.  She just laid in her crib for an hour rolling around until I decided the loud sounder they had was keeping her awake.  After I stuck my arm in to turn it off, she was done with quiet time.  Ah well.  She was a mess by 5pm and fell asleep for the night at 6:15pm.

I switch between extremely excited for the house and intermittently stressed/anxious/angry about it.  Eleven days (and counting) until closing.
  • Yes, I work every Monday 12-8. Boo.
    It would be closer to me if you came to Philly now.  :)  But I still love Pittsburgh! I'd go there any shot I got if it wasn't so far. haha! 

Seriously SO many people are having babies and I'm annoyed at all of them for it. 
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Oh hugs Aggie :(  That must be so hard and I can't imagine having to be a vet and losing patients.

Joy - yay for closing!!!  You'll make it through, I promise!

Kris - I'm not a big fan of Old Navy either so I'd get along with your DH ;)  But yay for new work clothes!

Not much here.  MIL and FIL came over on Saturday for a very belated birthday lunch for DH (his birthday was in February).  It was nice to see them but I swear some things my MIL says just astound me.  She was talking about how they can wear jeans on Fridays at her work so long as they donate money to the current charity.  Her words:  "I only did it because I wanted to wear jeans.  I don't support the cause AT ALL... it has something to do with homeless cats and dogs."

Excuse Me?!  I get that she's not an animal person but seriously?  I kindly pointed out that her grandcat was a homeless cat before we adopted her but she didn't care.  I mean I don't expect her to donate on her own to animal charities and I don't look down on her for that.  But you also don't need to open your mouth like that and offend your child because DH was a hurt by her comment.

DH fertilized our lawn on Sunday because we thought it was finally getting warm out.  Then it promptly snowed immediately after he finished.  Ugh I'm sick of this weather!
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • JLQ We are for sure going to Philly in June.  I think we are meeting our NYC friends there! I didn't realive you were closer to Philly.  This whole NE geography is still kind of crazy to me.  

Yay for closing Joy. And I TOTALLY get you.  I panicked quite a few times before we closed (and even a few times after)  BUT ITS SO EXCTIING!!! and worth it. 

E- that was quite silly of your MIL especially with your Bella cat.  I sorry :(
    Fred Rogers
  • Aggie - We're closer to Philly now since we moved in August. We live right by Williamsport. I'm trying to convince DH we should go to Philly for a weekend since neither of us have been there.

Joy - Good luck with your closing when that comes! 

E - Sorry your MIL said something so stupid. People should learn to keep ignorant comments to themselves. 
    my read shelf:
  • Morning! Not too much going on here. I don't want to be at work but I am fighting threw it. I have given myself a deadline of H birthday June 15. If work has not gotten better than I will quit. We are on vacation for most of May. I figure if work still sucks after a 2 1/2 week vacation than I need to get a new job.

Anyways we painted the hallway this weekend. Well the top half, tan. First coat of the dark brown tonight. We are having hot dogs and potato salad for dinner since its suppose to be 70 today. YUM! And I need to work on the butterflies for my niece birthday cupcakes. This weekend my three trials weren't so successful. I am hoping for better results tonight! If not Joann's has some pre-made butterflies and Wegmans has gummy butterflies. So I have plan A and B!

Aggie: Sorry about work! Glad you had fun at the game. I wanted a bite of that pretzel, yum! Have you ever gotten the Italian sausage at the park. It is by far my favorite thing there that is "real" food!
    Joy: HI! So happy for you! Good Luck on the paint colors. It was my favorite part. I like how different website let you upload photos and paint the walls to see what it will look like.
    E: Silly MIL! I don't know why they say such stupid things.
    Kris: Glad H is home!
    JLQ: Did H catch anything?
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Morning!!

@E boo to your mil! also boo to this weather indeed! We are having a nice day here just across the border from you! up to 18 degrees celsius!! sooo 64.4 F. it's wonderful! I can't wait to take Charlie out after lunch!
    @jlq - I hear you on the pregnancy thing. I feel very blessed to have Charlie and we're not entirely trying super hard for number 2 but we are trying. Anytime I see someone announce their preggo I get slightly sad and irritated. My bil and sil had a baby last July and started trying again this month. For some reason I am so not wanting them to get pregnant before us - which is terrible! My brain and heart just aren't meeting up on the topic. 

This weekend was nothing special and neither is today other than the weather! I just planted out spaghetti squash plants into pots because they are growing lke CRAZY! I am super excited for our garden this year!
  • Degrea - Sorry that your work is sucking so much lately. :( That just makes everything awful. 
    My H did not catch a single thing all weekend! The rivers were up super high and muddy from all the rain they got last week, so it was pretty much a wasted trip home, but he had fun so I guess that's what counts. 

Echo - Hiiiiii!!!!  Glad I'm not that only one with crazy pregnancy irritation. haha! I know I should be happy for everyone who is having babies, and I am, but I can't help feeling sad that it's not me. 
    my read shelf:
  • ::pokes up head up::

Philly?  Coming to Philly?

Who wants restaurant recs??
  • Hello,

I had a fun time in Philly. Came home to a trashed home though. That is what I get for leaving the men home alone.

Thursday, May 5th, 2011
    Ask me stuff.
  • What did you do in Philly, Mono?!  Tell me!!
  • A lot.

Lol. When I got there my friend took me to a restaurant because I was starving. We went to Local 44. Then I requested some rest. Because it was a long day.  The next day we went to brunch at a restaurant I cannot remember the name of. It was next door to Magpie. Then CIra and I wandered around downtown. In an area she described as the gayborhood.

Had a mani/pedi at a place called bellevue. (found funny because I have lived in a town called bellevue) Went to a couple dress shops. I swear I went to every one in the city. I had a smoothie at a place called the sweet spot.

We hung out with her friends. A bunch of single law students. I realized I was old the next day when I had a hangover from two drinks.

We had brunch at local 44. It is apparently the groups hangout. did more dress shopping.; we went grocery shopping at some p;ace I think called fresh market or something like that. I was astounded that it was in a big building with a parking garage.

We went to the Mika concert. Was amazing. If I were not married and he were not gay.......

Had a cheesesteak from the non neon place. and Cira promised to take me to the real place next time.

It was really a whirlwind in my mind. And I feel like it was such a short time and that I wish I had monster with me, yet happy to not try to corral him.

Oh and I took the trolly!

Also ate at some place called the mood cafe. Had something called Chaat. Was not too impressed. Ate in the park and left when the schools released. It was something like out of a horror movie.

All quiet in the park, then the sound hits you. You look and all exits are blocked by a army of children all dressed alike.....

Thursday, May 5th, 2011
    Ask me stuff.
  • Haha!  The gayborhood (true name, not offensive to anyone here in Philly) is a great area of the city.  If my husband and I could afford it, we'd buy on Spruce or Pine down there.  It's so old Philly with colored shutters, American flags, brick homes and sidewalks, cellars where the entrance is black doors on the sidewalk, etc.  Ah.  So grand.

I take the trolley every day to work!  It's not clean or pleasant, but gets you where you need to go.

I'm not familiar with Local 44 (I'll look it up), but I do know the Bellevue!

I'm glad you had such a nice time!  Did she find a dress?
  • All this talk of Philly and H was just up there!

It wasn't a successful trip, though. They went up there to clean their dad's house, which is FULL of black mold. And he was basically a hoarder. They went through roughly 80 trash bags. And they thought they'd be able to fix the house up and sell it, but it's a lost cause and they have to sell it as-is. Which is basically just the price of the land. That house is in some pretty bad shape. I feel bad for H and his sisters after finding stuff out about their dad and how he lived up until the end. SIL went up there a few years ago and went to the house and their dad told her she should have called first and shut the door in her face. Now we know why. It's all really sad.
    Anniversary
  • oh, kris.  That story breaks my heart.
  • Hugs Kris!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Hugs to your H Kris. I know that must have been rough.
    Fred Rogers
  • Oh Kris that must have been so hard on your H! Hugs to him and you and his family! 

IN lighter news - I picked up my books for World Book Night tonight! wooho! 
    my read shelf:
  • What is world book night?

Also hugs and prayer for your dh and his family Kris!

• I don't think she found the dress. But we did accomplish finding out what she really wants. She has had an idea in her head since she was 17. She wanted corset style bodice and a line skirt sweetheart neckline and off the shoulder sleeves. And absolutely no embellishments.

The last part was the hard thing. Finding a plain satin dress with no embellishments was crazy. She has since realized she wants to be sparkly. Lol. All it took was one tiara. HA.

So she is now on the right track. I honestly believe that even if she found the dress that it will not be the dress until her mom is there and says so. We took a lot of pictures and her mom hated them all. They need to go shopping together. (Her mom lives in LA)

Thursday, May 5th, 2011
    Ask me stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards