Chit Chat

I am a hurricane sandy bride

Hi everyone!!! I am a hurricane sandy victim! I live in seaside heights nj and am supposed to get married 10/12 does anyone know of any things for sandy victims discounted?

Re: I am a hurricane sandy bride

• I'm sorry that this happened to you.  Did you have any sort of wedding insurance? What have your vendors said about rescheduling? 
  • we were displaced since 10/28 until 2 1/2 weeks ago i did not even get to schedule everything so i had to spend my wedding money being displaced in a hotel up north ... had no choice have a 4 1/2 yr old   ....... n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_i-am-a-hurricane-sandy-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:0346c215-9a75-4e2c-abe1-2964bd11ab3aPost:b756f510-ebd6-4d8a-82d0-75fb2f58ffa2">Re: I am a hurricane sandy bride</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry that this happened to you.  Did you have any sort of wedding insurance? What have your vendors said about rescheduling? 
    Posted by libby2483[/QUOTE]
  • Thank you...
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_i-am-a-hurricane-sandy-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:0346c215-9a75-4e2c-abe1-2964bd11ab3aPost:27c82c98-9ced-4ff3-a1fd-c1f50f10cc03">Re: I am a hurricane sandy bride</a>:
    [QUOTE]To the left are local wedding boards where you can post and find information more relevant to your area. I'm sorry that the storm affected your wedding. I hope it works out.
    Posted by TXKristan[/QUOTE]
  • Wow. I can't imagine. Good luck trying to pick the planning back up.
  • I have not heard of anything for people who were affected by Sandy- only things for weddings that were cancelled specifically due to Sandy.  I am sure you can talk to vendors and inform them of the situation and see if they have any specials. 

Did you have flood insurance?  They should be reimbursing your hotel costs.  I was displaced and while I have not received all of my insurance money I have already obtained a good portion which included my hotel bills.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards