Getting in Shape

Insanity anyone?

Has anyone tried the Insanity program? Just wondering if it is worth it for me to buy the program. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Insanity anyone?

• Insanity is very high impact (if you have ankle, knee, hip, or back issues at all, it is NOT for you).  It's also very high intensity.  You can modify by doing fewer, going slower, and taking breaks, but it's very intimidating if you're not already in decent shape.

With that said, I love it.  I don' tlove that it's a 6 day a week program.  I wish it was 5 days, I find I do better with 2 rest days a week.  But it works, the workouts are fun and challenging.  The nice thing is that since you do the exercises for a set amount of time, not reps, you can always challenge yourself more by going faster and doing more.  Shaun T is an excellent motivator and does a good job of encouraging without yelling.  He also takes his shirt off a lot, so there's something nice to look at while you're busting your ass ;)

Look for it on Craigslist or Ebay.  I got mine for $30, brand new off Craigslist.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • I have a friend doing this and she told me the first couple weeks are tough because you aren't use to it. It's easier if you already work out in some form but not impossible. She loves it. I have been considering this as well but afraid to spend the money. I have tried so many workouts and nothing seems to get me toned and help me lose inches in the areas I want.
  • Insanity is amazing and totally worth it (ebay and craiglist get you a better deal). I burns in all the ways you want it to. Take it slow at first and build up to the challange, you can always do the program again. ;) Don't freak out if you aren't losing pounds, this program is meant to tone your body, boost your metablosim and increase the strength of your heart. You will lose inches, but maybe not as many pounds as you think the scale should tell you. You will look fabulous and feel amazing! ... You will be better in bed too, if you do extra stretching after (which I totally recommend because you will be super sore if you don't. Also drink WATER!)

You can do it! Dig Deeper!
  • Insanity is amazing and totally worth it (ebay and craiglist get you a better deal). I burns in all the ways you want it to. Take it slow at first and build up to the challange, you can always do the program again. ;) Don't freak out if you aren't losing pounds, this program is meant to tone your body, boost your metablosim and increase the strength of your heart. You will lose inches, but maybe not as many pounds as you think the scale should tell you. You will look fabulous and feel amazing! ... You will be better in bed too, if you do extra stretching after (which I totally recommend because you will be super sore if you don't. Also drink WATER!)

You can do it! Dig Deeper!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards