• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
May 2011 Weddings

Happy Monday!

Hello, ladies!!
How was everyone's weekend? 

I worked, but it was my second job which is easy so I just basically sat around watching movies on tv while my client slept in her recliner. Fun fun. 
Saturday after work I picked up the rosary that I had ordered for my niece. She's making her 1st Communion on the 5th! I was sad that I had to order it from a catalog, because I was worried it wouldn't be nice, but the picture did it justice. It'll be a nice one for her to use for now. 
Yesterday we had a friend over (the 1 friend we have here. hahah!) for dinner. DH wanted to smoke fish. So we had smoked catfish and smoked flounder. It was pretty good. 
We started watching How I Met Your Mother on netflix last week. We're like in the middle of season 1 so far. It's pretty funny. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my read shelf:
Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Happy Monday!

• Good Morning! My day off is filled with to-dos.  Running here and there and everywhere to get stuff taken care of.  And I have another headache so all I want to do is take a nap!

Our weekend was pretty good, got a lot done around the house.  We have fish in our tank finally! Its only two for now but we will slowly be adding more over the next month or so.  :D I love having my tank back I have missed it the last 2 years.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Morning!

J, mmmm...catfish and flounder. I love fish. I even love walking by the seafood section in the store because it smells so good. How did it turn out? Also, HIMYM is pretty funny. I haven't watched it much this season and I'm pretty far behind.

My weekend was good. H worked on Saturday so Chase and I stayed in the house in the morning and then after his nap, we went out and went a couple places. He's a ton of fun now. Now that he's older and is becoming more communicative. He says a few words and most of them he leaves off the first letter. He says "ome" for home, "ock" for sock, "uck" for yuck. H is convinced he says "outside" and he very well could be. He loves being outside. During his bath last night, all he did was point to stuff and said what sounded like "what's that?" And after Echo said she asks Charlie about changing his diaper, I tried it and Chase walked down the hallway to his room. Sometimes I feel like our one year olds are smarter than most adults.

We didn't do much on Sunday. Went to the grocery store. Pretty uneventful.

Tonight I'm making chicken for dinner, so I'll be looking on Pinterest for ideas. If you can think of anything, pass it my way. :)
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Kris - The fish was pretty good. It didn't taste super fishy at all. H soaked it in a brine for like 8 hours, so that helped. It had a nice smokey flavor but wasn't too crazy. 
    Yay for  Chase talking some! I always love when babies start to talk.

Aggie  - Is it a big fish tank? What kind of fish do you have?
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Morning! The birthday party was a success. The cupcakes turned out great after one or two melt downs on my part. LOL! The frosting melted on the rainbow ones because I had used a different recipe that had butter in it. When you put frosting with butter in a pastry bag the heat of your hand will melt it. Rookie mistake but I was pretty upset about them. So I defrosted them all and refrosted with different frosting. The butterflies worked wonderfully, so much better than the any other attempt.

Other than the birthday party we finshed the hallway painting, wohoo! Well at least we are done for awhile.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Kris - I'm pretty sure one years are waaaaaaaaaay smarter than they get credit for.  My niece understands all of us and wishes that we understood her.

A few weeks ago, my niece kept asking for something and my sister and her husband just had no idea what it was.  She'd get upset when they wouldn't give it to her.  How do you explain to a one year that they couldn't understand her?  A few days later, they walked into a convience store and my niece tore over to the cold section shouting the same mystery word.  My brother in law looked at her and said "Yogurt??  You're saying yogurt?" and my niece goes "YES!!!"  Ha.
  • Jlq it's a 29 gallon tank. We have 2 mickey platys and possibly some babies? But I don't think they survived the transition yesterday.  

Kris I agree with joy. Those little munchkins understand way more than we give credit for lol! 

Degrea those cupcakes look awesome!  I am glad you didn't give up. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Joy: HAHAHA! I love when my niece talks to me and I just look up at my SIL for translation, like huh? They are cute at that age.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards