Arizona-Phoenix

Venue help

Hello!
I'm just starting the search for a venue. So far I have really liked "venue at the grove" and "the farm at south mountain".  We are looking to get married sometime between Feb and June of 2014. My fiance's father works for alliance beverage and has offered to provide all the alcohol if we can find a venue that allows it. Both of the mentioed venues allow it but are still a little over what we wanted to spend (unless we chose june). I guess my questions are is June too hot for an outside wedding? Does anyone know what the groves look like in June (are they still green and blooming) or Does anyone know of a similar venue that is under 5,000. 

Re: Venue help

• Also I know that "The Farm at South Mountain" is a great value but you have to go through their cater which has limited options. 
  • OP, going with June is your best bet to keep it that low pricewise. You could also try Encanto Park.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Are you planning on having your ceremony and reception outside, or just the ceremony? Personally, I think June is too hot for an outdoor reception. Especially if you have OOT guests who are not used to the Phoenix heat. How many people do you have? I am getting married in March at My Vintage Venue in Mesa. It has a backyard feel with pretty lighting for the reception. I think they can accomodate up to 100 people. You can bring in your own alcohol and choose your own vendors, though their preferred vendors are great and are the ones we are going with. The base price is $1895, just for the venue rental. But even with renting tables, linens, upgraded lighting (paper lanterns), and dance floor it was still under $2500. http://myvintagevenue.com/
  • keochankeochan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2013
    Check out the Lavender and Old Lace or The Wright House. Me and the FI just booked L&OL in October for $3500
  • Thanks Ladies!
    We toured venue at the groove and really liked it. If we did it the first weekend in June the trees are the fullest and a 5pm ceromony wouldn't be too warm (its much cooler under the trees). Because June is an off season month the price drops to 5,000 and their catering starts at a much more reasonable 30$ a person verse the farm at south mountains 55$ a person. I still might take a look at Lavender and Old Lace. It looks beutiful online and if we could get a venue for that (3,500) it would give us more flexibility for other costs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards