Wedding Party

What to do without a maid of honor

My best friend passed away and was always committed to being my maid of honor ... at this point i'd rather do our wedding without any special attendants and just have all our friends cometogther in a wonderful vineyard setting ... how do I make that work?

Re: What to do without a maid of honor

• I am very sorry you lost your friend. You don't have to have a MOH. I didn't; both of my best friends were my bridesmaids, no MOH. You also dont have to have attendants at all if you don't want them.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I am sorry about your friend. You don't have to have a bridal party at all if you don't want. We didn't have any bridesmaids or groomsmen.

• Bridal parties are not a requirement, and nobody will side-eye you for not having one.

Just a suggestion (not sure if it's something you'd want to do or not), but you can always mention her in the program.  That way she's symbolically in the ceremony.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_what-to-do-without-a-maid-of-honor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:063b5a5c-076c-4a04-b356-678de8702dccPost:343add12-bd77-43d8-b615-d5427c43d58e">Re: What to do without a maid of honor</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bridal parties are not a requirement, and nobody will side-eye you for not having one. <strong>Just a suggestion (not sure if it's something you'd want to do or not), but you can always mention her in the program.  That way she's symbolically in the ceremony.</strong>
    Posted by Peledreamsofrain[/QUOTE]

You took the words right out of my mouth (or the text right out of my computer - whatever works best).  That sounds like a wonderful idea.  And there is no problem with not having a bridal party. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards