Chit Chat

NWR - Registry Question

Hey Ladies, 
   DH is of no help to me, so what do you think??  My SIL is having a baby shower pretty quick.  It's their second kid.  The invite says they already have everything they need, so please shower her with diapers and baby wipes.  However today I just found a copy of a registry at Toys R Us at my parents house (bottles, nipple top things, suckies, chnage pads, etc.).  It's the first I've heard of it.  

My Dad had phoned earlier and asked how many diapers she wanted, and she was confused, then explained she had nothing to do with planning the shower.  Now I'm wondering if she told her friend to put the gift requests on the invite, or if her friend just made an assumption that since they've already got a kid, they should have everything already.  

So, do I go with the invite request and buy diapers/wipes or go off the previously unknown registry??

Re: NWR - Registry Question

• I think you could ask the bride. Just say something like: "I'm excited about the baby, is there anything in particular you need?" Or just get some cute clothes for the baby. Baby clothes are always fun.
  • I agree with Teddy917.  Just ask your SIL up front whether she has anything in particular she'd like.  If not..just get the diapers and wipes.  I tell you what, gifts are nice but practical things (in my opinion) are way better, especially because things like that will add up QUICK. 
  • Ask her. I like buying a utilitarian item for showers, and a pair of adorable crazy little socks. Like little bears or unicorns. Mostly to amuse myself.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• If she has things like bottles and nipples and pacis, those things can wear out pretty quickly. If she has any pumping stuff, for santitary purposes, she should replenish for every new baby. She could probably use them but it might be a wipe and diaper shower OR they are doing a door prize for diapers/wipes. Toys R Us and Babies R Us gives the new parents a discount after the baby is born to complete the registry and diapers cannot be discounted. Like PPs have said, you could just ask her what she needs.
    You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. - Barbara DeAngelis
  • I know I could ask, but when my Dad aked, she wasn't too happy.  I suppose I'll just get her one from each list.  

• Jessa617 Jessa617 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2013
    I always thought you were only granted one shower for your first child, not any after.

With that being said, diapers and wipes go like crazy so you're good getting her that stuff.

ETA: Onesies are always good too (even in older ages since most people only think to get "newborn" sizes).
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_nwr-registry-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:c00c4c12-ebf2-4ae4-b7c8-f999bed82df5Post:3421b043-d8f4-4356-83d5-9ebe8d2becaf">Re: NWR - Registry Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I always thought you were only granted one shower for your first child, not any after.</strong> With that being said, diapers and wipes go like crazy so you're good getting her that stuff. ETA: Onesies are always good too (even in older ages since most people only think to get "newborn" sizes).
    Posted by Jessalyn2013[/QUOTE]

<div>I have no clue, but I think she'd not be too happy if she didn't get a shower, knowing her as I do.  :)</div>

• its a second shower, I would not go crazy--get her something small off her list (is that the list for the new baby or could it have been left over from her first pregnancy?)  And then bring some diapers or wipes since that is useful.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards