Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Highly needed suggestions or advice..

Okay, so everything is coming along just fine with the wedding planning. I feel at ease and I'm not stressing!! (Thank GOD) so now... The FI and I both just started new jobs and we do have little ones so our honeymoon has to be somewhere maybe in driving distance (or a quick ticket away) and maybe for only a 3-night stay. I personally was looking into South Padre Island at one of their resorts. Do anyone know of a destination that we could spend our "honeymoon"?
Soon to be MR. & MRS. ANTHONY PRICE JR! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Highly needed suggestions or advice..

• San Antonio is sweet and can be romantic, plenty of history and music, night lfe. If you're looking for a beach though and were thinking about S.Padre, I would rec Port Aransas. It's another little island off the Texas coast, pretty close to S. Padre, lots of dolphins, and it might be a little less expensive. I also really loved Gulf Shores, AL. It's about a 12 hr drive, but worth it.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_needed-suggestions-or-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:3c5cb6e6-e6f5-4117-85f9-579e0d0a2a81Post:815b8dad-89f4-4d7f-8b33-81c760ff9f18">Re: Highly needed suggestions or advice..</a>:
    [QUOTE]San Antonio is sweet and can be romantic, plenty of history and music, night lfe. If you're looking for a beach though and were thinking about S.Padre, I would rec Port Aransas. It's another little island off the Texas coast, pretty close to S. Padre, lots of dolphins, and it might be a little less expensive. I also really loved Gulf Shores, AL. It's about a 12 hr drive, but worth it.
    Posted by LynnJared[/QUOTE]

Yes, I would prefer a beach. So I will most definitely look into Port Aransas!!! && Gulf Shores, AL. Maybe we can fly (Alabama?) I will look into that too. Thank you.
    Soon to be MR. & MRS. ANTHONY PRICE JR! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Maybe Destin, FL? We're thinking of going this summer. It's a 13 hour drive so flying would be better since you only have 3 days. I've driven to Padre many times. I love it! Took my daughter every summer when she was little.
  • For Spring Break one year some friends and I rented a condo through VRBO right on the beach in Gulfport, MS.  It was a blast, and really not a TERRIBLE drive.
    Anniversary

• You can get a really quick flight to Pensacola Beach, FL. We went and stayed in Gulf Breeze for a long weekend in April of last year & loved it! Not a ton of children & no spring breakers was nice. We stayed at a hotel but my In-laws rented a bench house. We went on a dolphin cruise, parasailing, and hung out on the beach. It was super relaxing! The flight was so short it didn't feel like we were rushed or traveling the whole time.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_needed-suggestions-or-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:3c5cb6e6-e6f5-4117-85f9-579e0d0a2a81Post:fd2b3226-f8c7-46ab-8a46-19a399909d47">Re: Highly needed suggestions or advice..</a>:
    [QUOTE]For Spring Break one year some friends and I rented a condo through VRBO right on the beach in Gulfport, MS.  It was a blast, and really not a TERRIBLE drive.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]
     I second VRBO.com. That's a good resource for finding a place to stay for much cheaper than the prices directly through the resort. We used VRBO to find our condos both times we went to Gulf Shores.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_needed-suggestions-or-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:3c5cb6e6-e6f5-4117-85f9-579e0d0a2a81Post:fd2b3226-f8c7-46ab-8a46-19a399909d47">Re: Highly needed suggestions or advice..</a>:
    [QUOTE]For Spring Break one year some friends and I rented a condo through VRBO right on the beach in Gulfport, MS.  It was a blast, and really not a TERRIBLE drive.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

I second using VRBO.com. It is very helpful, and you'll find a much better deal on there than you would directly through the resorts. We used VRBO to find a place to stay both times we went to Gulf Shores.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards