Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Aunt as Maid of Honor?

I am thinking about asking my Aunt to be my Maid of Honor...is that weird?  My Aunt has always been a wonderful friend to me and we have stayed close throughout the years.  Plus , we are having a small wedding and inviting only our closest friends/family, so it is difficult to choose one of my girlfriends over the other.  What do you think?

Re: Aunt as Maid of Honor?

• Options
    I think its great! its whoever you want standing next to you! 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    You can have anyone you want be your MOH.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I think it would be nice. I have a niece and would be ecstatic if some day she asked me :)
  • Options
    I will also add that I took my aunt with me when I actually bought my wedding dress and she was very excited :D 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_aunt-as-maid-of-honor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ec8331be-604b-4cb5-9e9a-f77c90c3c351Post:b4948daa-1f59-4a06-8040-87360426939a">Aunt as Maid of Honor?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am thinking about asking my Aunt to be my Maid of Honor...is that weird?  My Aunt has always been a wonderful friend to me and we have stayed close throughout the years.  Plus , we are having a small wedding and inviting only our closest friends/family, so it is difficult to choose one of my girlfriends over the other.  What do you think?
    Posted by kab277[/QUOTE]

Not weird. MOH should be someone you're very close to. Whoever first pops into your head as meaningful to you is probably that person. Go with her
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_aunt-as-maid-of-honor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ec8331be-604b-4cb5-9e9a-f77c90c3c351Post:b4948daa-1f59-4a06-8040-87360426939a">Aunt as Maid of Honor?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am thinking about asking my Aunt to be my Maid of Honor...is that weird?  My Aunt has always been a wonderful friend to me and we have stayed close throughout the years.  Plus , we are having a small wedding and inviting only our closest friends/family, so it is difficult to choose one of my girlfriends over the other.  What do you think?
    Posted by kab277[/QUOTE]

I think that would be really sweet.  I'm sure she will be very touched, good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    fuerst37fuerst37 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2013
    I think it's very sweet, and it will no doubt mean a lot to both of you.
  • Options
    My aunt is only 8 years older than me. She is my matron of honor
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was MOH for my niece's wedding last Fall.  There's only 10 years between us, and she was practically raised by my parents, so it made sense.
  • Options
    Thank you all!! I think I will definately ask my Aunt! I appreciate your input!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards