Chit Chat

What to do?

Ok so I'm new here hi everyone ... And I have a problem :(
I don't get along with my future sister in law it's hard for me to think about what might happen in the near future with her in the picture more or less involving the wedding any advice I want to sit and have a chat with her let her know I honestly don't like you because you damaged the trust I had in you if you wouldn't have been a two faced biatch ( forgive me lady's I'm finally getting this off my chest) we wouldn't need this talk .... Any ways a lil advice please

Ps I don't wana have the talk alone with her cuz she seems like the type that would turn my words around if you kno what I mean. Just to be specific I do plan on telling her in a nicer way ^(above example)

Re: What to do?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_what-to-do-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:b2d3669e-ec2b-4643-b205-6e6098db814ePost:f48baff4-9ba1-4cfa-a8f4-1072ca928751">What to do?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok so I'm new here hi everyone ... And I have a problem :(
    I don't get along with my future sister in law it's hard for me to think about what might happen in the near future with her in the picture more or less involving the wedding any advice I want to sit and have a chat with her let her know I honestly don't like you because you damaged the trust I had in you if you wouldn't have been a two faced biatch ( forgive me lady's I'm finally getting this off my chest) we wouldn't need this talk .... Any ways a lil advice please

Ps I don't wana have the talk alone with her cuz she seems like the type that would turn my words around if you kno what I mean. Just to be specific I do plan on telling her in a nicer way ^(above example)
    Posted by L0velydim0nd[/QUOTE]

Why do you need to have this talk with her?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_what-to-do-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:b2d3669e-ec2b-4643-b205-6e6098db814ePost:f48baff4-9ba1-4cfa-a8f4-1072ca928751">What to do?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok so I'm new here hi everyone ... And I have a problem :( I don't get along with my future sister in law it's hard for me to think about what might happen in the near future with her in the picture more or less involving the wedding any advice I want to sit and have a chat with her let her know I honestly don't like you because you damaged the trust I had in you if you wouldn't have been a two faced biatch ( forgive me lady's I'm finally getting this off my chest) we wouldn't need this talk .... Any ways a lil advice please Ps I don't wana have the talk alone with her cuz she seems like the type that would turn my words around if you kno what I mean. Just to be specific I do plan on telling her in a nicer way ^(above example)

I highly suggest that you do not confront your SIL about being a "two faced biatch".

You don't have to get a long with her. Have your fiance deal with her. Do nothing to provoke anything negative.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_what-to-do-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:b2d3669e-ec2b-4643-b205-6e6098db814ePost:f48baff4-9ba1-4cfa-a8f4-1072ca928751">What to do?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok so I'm new here hi everyone ... And I have a problem :( I don't get along with my future sister in law it's hard for me to think about what might happen in the near future with her in the picture more or less involving the wedding any advice I want to sit and have a chat with her let her know I honestly don't like you because you damaged the trust I had in you if you wouldn't have been a two faced biatch ( forgive me lady's I'm finally getting this off my chest) we wouldn't need this talk .... Any ways a lil advice please Ps I don't wana have the talk alone with her cuz she seems like the type that would turn my words around if you kno what I mean. Just to be specific I do plan on telling her in a nicer way ^(above example)

<div>Please use punctuation. The entire first paragraph is a run on. Makes you sound extremely young and immature. </div><div>
    </div><div>Follow PP's advice. Do not confront her about anything. Have your FI deal with her, if need be. And don't talk to her about your wedding plans. </div>

Anniversary
  • I know my opinion isn't the popular one, but I think talking to her yourself is the best way to go. Otherwise Fi looks like the bad guy, plus a lot of stuff can get lost in translation. If you don't want to talk to her alone then ask Fi to accompany you.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_what-to-do-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:b2d3669e-ec2b-4643-b205-6e6098db814ePost:8ff6c35f-1a3e-4626-93b6-60f8d4f048ad">Re:What to do?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know my opinion isn't the popular one, but I think talking to her yourself is the best way to go. Otherwise Fi looks like the bad guy, plus a lot of stuff can get lost in translation. If you don't want to talk to her alone then ask Fi to accompany you.
    Posted by Teddy917[/QUOTE]

Based on OP's original comments, how well do you think said conversation will go?

I envision  it starting with "Hey Toots" and ending with "Just sayin..."
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• I agree with Addie... what's your reasoning for wanting to have the conversation?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_what-to-do-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:b2d3669e-ec2b-4643-b205-6e6098db814ePost:0b963a50-1834-4a7f-ad76-b67da3004969">Re: What to do?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to What to do? :
    Why do you need to have this talk with her?
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

She was nice in the beginning and we started to be friends. However she started accusing me of cheating on my FI just because I hugged my friends. Last year I found out that she was talking about me. This upset me of course but I just blew it off. Me and the Fi took a trip to Austin early this year and found out more stuff. Needless to say till this day it's been 3 years going on 4 with him and she still won't let the high school crap go. Five diffrent people told me the same exact thing and mentioned one friend standing up for me. She gets on my nerves I can't stand her. She throws it in my face that I'm an only child and I get whatever I want and that her brother deserves someone better that wont do him wrong. I have never cheated on him and I'm not a snob she didn't get to know me.
  • Why on earth would you seek out MORE contact with this woman? Just distance yourself as much as possible and let her wallow in her own mud. If you start stirring the pot and 'nicely' explaining that you can't stand her, you just prove her right about being nasty.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• I agree with Linger. That's why I asked in the first place why you needed this conversation b/c I don't see what it would accomplish. You don't like each other, and that's ok. Just don't have anything to do with her.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_what-to-do-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:b2d3669e-ec2b-4643-b205-6e6098db814ePost:b115e042-91b7-4134-9471-99979d560274">Re: What to do?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with Linger. That's why I asked in the first place why you needed this conversation b/c I don't see what it would accomplish. You don't like each other, and that's ok. Just don't have anything to do with her.
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

Ok you do have a point I just wanted to make piece with this woman. Honestly my family is very close and were always having gatherings they want them around as well but I don't let anyone I don't completely trust around my loved ones. So I guess I'll just deal with it and move on thanks girls
  • Lol thanks but I wasn't honestly going to tell her like that but I do understand your point. I guess I'll just leave things the way they are and move on.
  • I just like being honest and up front that is all. I do understand your point though thank you so much.Gues it's just smile nod and kill it with kindness.
  • If she has consistently acted this way through your 4 year relationship....chances are that she's not going to act differently ever. 

Find a way that you can continue to handle her for the rest of your life. I bet you the best solution is to ignore her. If her comments are impacting your relationship with your fiance, then address it with him and let him speak to her if he feels that will resolve the problem.

image   imageimage

• L0velydim0ndL0velydim0nd member
    First Comment
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_what-to-do-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:b2d3669e-ec2b-4643-b205-6e6098db814ePost:b6fdbc64-fe66-4523-9f0c-c6493a18d298">Re: What to do?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If she has consistently acted this way through your 4 year relationship....chances are that she's not going to act differently ever.  Find a way that you can continue to handle her for the rest of your life. I bet you the best solution is to ignore her. If her comments are impacting your relationship with your fiance, then address it with him and let him speak to her if he feels that will resolve the problem.
    Posted by MuppetFan[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards