Wedding Party

Thoughts on Special Attendants??

Our wedding party is full but I want to make my two SIL's feel included with the wedding. Although I do not need any special "attending to", I want them to be part of getting ready and I would pay to get their hair and makeup done. Basically I want them to feel part of the day. Is this a bad idea? I read in old posts that special attendant is considered high maintenance and makes people feel bad. What is everyone's thoughts on this?

Re: Thoughts on Special Attendants??

• Don't give them any certain name or anything. Simply offer them to get ready with you and pay for their hair/makeup.
  • Yes,it's a bad idea. Anyone can get ready with you if you want them to; no need to give them a crappy "job" description. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • They dont need a special title to be able to get ready with you. PLease dont give them a crap job like managing the guest book.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • zitiqueenzitiqueen member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_thoughts-on-special-attendants?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:173c6062-fb51-4cea-a600-d85de167dde3Post:f32b7504-1841-47e0-ba8d-a62ee36c9c45">Thoughts on Special Attendants??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our wedding party is full but I want to make my two SIL's feel included with the wedding. Although I do not need any special "attending to", I want them to be part of getting ready and I would pay to get their hair and makeup done. Basically I want them to feel part of the day. Is this a bad idea? I read in old posts that special attendant is considered high maintenance and makes people feel bad. What is everyone's thoughts on this?
    Posted by Brownnm[/QUOTE]

Your wedding party is full?
  • I think it is a nice way to include someone in your special day. I was asked to be one and it just meant hanging out with the wedding party, getting my hair done and holding onto important information for the bride. Plus no expensive dress to pay for. Ask them! I'm sure they'd love to spend time with you on your special day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards