Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Timing Question

I had my hair trial over the weekend and decided on what time we'll be at the salon on the wedding day and I wanted to see if you guys think this timing sounds right to you. I want the day to be stress free and I would rather have too much time than too little. We have a lot of DIY stuff to set up, and the venue has day of coordinators that I know will help but I want to be involved too, to make sure everything is in its right place.

10 - Arrive at salon, Hair for 5 girls with two stylists, Make up for 4 girls with one make up artist
1 - Leave salon
1:30 - Arrive at venue, help finish setting up and put dresses on
2:30 - Photos with family and bridal party
4:30 - Ceremony

Am I forgetting anything? Will anything take longer than I planned for?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Timing Question

• edited December 2011
    That looks about right- I'm not sure that the hair will take that long, but you'll have some extra time. My friend got married last year and had me tag along to take pictures at the salon- for her, 4 bridesmaids, a jr bridesmaid and 2 moms, it took 2 hours for hair & makeup. (3 hair stylists, one makeup artist.)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Do you have a coordinator? How about asking your photographer. I'm sure they may have some good advice. I am thinking of doing a reveal so I can take all the time I want for pictures, etc.
  • Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think your timing is good. You may have too much time, but, like you said, it is better to build that extra in so you aren't rushed/stressed at all.

I am having 8 hair and 5 makeup and one person doing each. We are starting at 930/10 and aiming to be done by 2. I was told you should average a half hour for each person for each thing they are getting done.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ok, great thanks! My hair dresser said an hour per person just for hair, but she was probably playing it safe too. We're not going to do a first look - just seperate pictures with the girls/guys and each of our families then do the group shots during cocktail hour. I definitely understand doing the first look instead of missing cocktail hour though.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards