Missouri
Options

Bridal show scam???

Last weekend I went to the bridal show at America's Center.  Today I got a phone call saying I won a bridal package from Royal Prestige, including a free vacation to an all-inclusive resort in Mexico, Bahamas or the Dominican.  The only catch is, I have to go to a cookware presentation.  Has anyone been to this and know if the vacation is legitimate?  I'm wondering if I can add a few days onto the vacation and use it for our honeymoon? I don't have a problem saying no to pushy salesmen, but I don't want to go if it is a real waste of time.  I checked out Royal Prestige with the BBB and they give them an "A" rating.  Any thoughts?  Thank you!
Lindsay

Re: Bridal show scam???

• Options
    rweiss07rweiss07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I "won" this too and when I googled it  other people said you had to purchase the cookware to get the prize- I'm not sure it is true, but I would love to find out too

I did find it fishy that thye have presentations 3X a week almost every week- I dont know how you could give all this away that often to everyone even people who didnt purchase
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had this as well last year when I went and it is definitely a scam. I checked their name on the BBB website and its totally fake.
    Nikki The Future Mrs. Jason Woolem
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    totally fake!  I got scammed by them not by a bridal show, but by David's Bridal.  Both are horrible businesses! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Same thing happend to me...totally fake! If it sounds too good to be true it is!
  • Options
    oceangirl06oceangirl06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Actually we went to the meeting! we had to  sit through a 90 minute presentation on pots and pans that we couldn't afford. After there was no pressure to buy their products and we got a 3 day 2 night all inclusive trip to the bahamas, mexico, or the dominican. I think we have to pay $35 a person in fees and airfare isn't included. we also got $1000 in grocery coupons, entered to win a 4 day 3 night all inclusive trip with airfare and entered to win a harley. It's up to you if it's worth it or not!  Also the resort is through Wyndham (beautiful) so you can add days if you want but they won't be all inclusive and you have to pay for them!
  • Options
    Gina91Gina91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You do NOT have to purchase to receinve the getaway. we won this went to the meeting watched them do there thing, walked away with the info needed to go on the trip and didn't have to purchase a thing! NOT  A SCAM!!!
    Visit The Knot! wedding countdown So excited to be part of my little sisters wedding! She was one that said she was never getting married and never having kids... well guess who's going to be married June 2013??? Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I did this thing too. Bella Bridal they initially call themselves. Then it becomes the Bella cookware. Sort of a scam. They told me I would receive free gifts and food. Two hours later, my fiance and I share a tiny plate of corn and a couple pieces of chicken, and our free prizes were a coupon for $$ off invitations (they said their brides save $300 on avers--I wasn't even planning on spending that much period), a too-annoying to use coupon book thing that would just wind up costing us more money than we'd initially spend on groceries, as well, and vacation locations that aren't the same as originally quoted (what happened to Hawaii??). So basically we're planning on taking a couple day trip to Branson, MO this year and again it's just more money than we'd have spent before (with NO trip). $25 each to book, hotels that seem like they might not be good, and all of the "all-inclusive" activities are pretty much water-related, when our only option is to go in the fall. You also have to book very far in advance, a lot of rules, etc. So basically you can walk away with stuff, but it's just gonna cost more money in the long run--I don't consider these things "free gifts."

$5000+ for pots and pans is extreme, and you have to buy THAT DAY to get the $5000 "deal." They were a nice set; I wish they'd just sell more of them and cut the price in half. We drove a long way to get there, sat there starving, and I was depressed for days afterwards because we've been engaged for over a year and didn't yet have enough money saved to have the cheapest of weddings (still not marreid or even booked a venue yet).

I know this original post was from a while ago--I just needed to vent.
  • Options
    I did this thing too. Bella Bridal they initially call themselves. Then it becomes the Bella cookware. Sort of a scam. They told me I would receive free gifts and food. Two hours later, my fiance and I share a tiny plate of corn and a couple pieces of chicken, and our free prizes were a coupon for $$ off invitations (they said their brides save $300 on avers--I wasn't even planning on spending that much period), a too-annoying to use coupon book thing that would just wind up costing us more money than we'd initially spend on groceries, as well, and vacation locations that aren't the same as originally quoted (what happened to Hawaii??). So basically we're planning on taking a couple day trip to Branson, MO this year and again it's just more money than we'd have spent before (with NO trip). $25 each to book, hotels that seem like they might not be good, and all of the "all-inclusive" activities are pretty much water-related, when our only option is to go in the fall. You also have to book very far in advance, a lot of rules, etc. So basically you can walk away with stuff, but it's just gonna cost more money in the long run--I don't consider these things "free gifts."

$5000+ for pots and pans is extreme, and you have to buy THAT DAY to get the $5000 "deal." They were a nice set; I wish they'd just sell more of them and cut the price in half. We drove a long way to get there, sat there starving, and I was depressed for days afterwards because we've been engaged for over a year and didn't yet have enough money saved to have the cheapest of weddings (still not marreid or even booked a venue yet).

I know this original post was from a while ago--I just needed to vent.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards