Bridalicious Boot Camp

Workout for bad knees?

I've been looking to try this video, but I did 30 day shred, and it killed my knees. Squats and lunges seem to be out for me. Is this a good workout for that? Any tips on what to do if you are in that position?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Workout for bad knees?

• In Response to Workout for bad knees?:
    I've been looking to try this video, but I did 30 day shred, and it killed my knees. Squats and lunges seem to be out for me. Is this a good workout for that? Any tips on what to do if you are in that position?
    Posted by orangehills
    Hi orangehills. Sorry about your knees, but you're right, the Bridalicious DVDs have a lot of high impact exercises that would def not be good for someone with knee issues.

Lunges and squats are two of the most fundamental lower body movements and it's a challenge to work around them. You might want to try something like water aerobics. This minimizes the impact on the joints but can still be a way to burn a lot of calories.

-Knot Fitness Coach Doug
  • Could alternate moves be done while doing these videos in place of lunges?  Squats aren't a problem but I also have bad knees, so lunges are a problem..  I JUST got the videos (like this morning) and have been looking forward to amping up my workouts from EA Sports Active 2 for Wii with them...  Now, I'm a little concerned.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards