Canada-Ontario

Planners/Co-ordinators

Did you hire a wedding planner/co-ordinator?  Was it worth it?  How much was it & what did they do???

Re: Planners/Co-ordinators

• Jewel224Jewel224 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2013
    There are pros and cons to hiring a wedding planner/co-ordinator but take these things into consideration:

1.  If you're the one that wants to plan all the details, go check out all the venues,choose invitations, deal with all the vendors, etc., you're likely not going to need a wedding planner.   But, if you don't where to start, what to plan, what kinda of wedding you want, how to choose a budget, consider a wedding planner.  They'll take all that stress away from you and all you'll have to do is say, "Yes, I like that," or "No, I don't". 

Perhaps then, consider a day of co-ordinator for the wedding day - they can deal with all your vendors, their payments, gratuities, etc. 

2.  In terms of price - a planner with little experience will charge around $800-$1000, while the more experienced ones are charging around $1500 and more.  I've had quotes around $5000. The planning price will range because it will depend if you want them to do full planning, partial planning, attend and plan rehearsals/rehearsal dinners, etc. 

A day of coordinator with little experience will charge around $300 - $500 while one with more experience will charge around $1000.

3.  When you book your reception/ceremony venue - they will usually have a co-ordinator on site.  You can always check with them to see what they will or won't do for you. 

I did hire a wedding planner, but only to help with negotiations of my ceremony/wedding  venue - I went from being quoted $110-$125 plus tax/gratuity to $90 per head all inclusive.  Everything else I planned myself with the help of my bridesmaids and close friends who wanted to help.  At my venue - the manager there took care of all the details, they only thing my bridal party and family did was set up the centrepieces on the tables the night before the wedding.

My advice to you is think about how involved do you want to be in the planning of your wedding, what your overall budget is and how much you can allot to have a wedding planner/co-ordinator.  Also consider any friends who just enjoys planning events.  They may be able to assist you
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards