New Hampshire
Options

New Hampshire Venue Help! (With a Budget)

Hi Everyone! I could really use some help on selecting a wedding venue. We've been looking (forever it seems) for a light and airy NH venue for May 2014. We're looking to spend about $15-17K on the venue, INCLUDING open bar for a big drinking crowd (and all taxes, service charges, etc). We'd settle for open beer and wine if necessary though.  We also would prefer an indoor reception area, but we aren't looking to have the ceremony on-site. It looks like we'll have 130-150 guests.  Anyone have a similar budget/experience? Any suggestions on venues in this budget?! I'm so nervous of selecting a venue and realizing I forgot to factor in so many costs. All I see is numbers when looking at venue - HELP PLEASE!

Re: New Hampshire Venue Help! (With a Budget)

• Options
    Try Promises to Keep in Derry. They don't have a venue charge, but they do have a 7000$ minimum for food (if you were looking for a saturday night) and a 600$ ceremony fee (i feel like it kind of includes a venue cost, but hey), and they have packages that provide flowers, a limo, photography, the cake, chair linens, the dj, Promises to Keep is very recommended (it's won best of brides and best of the Knot (if i remember correctly from the plaque on the table when I booked there, but I could be wrong!) and when it's not winter, the venue is gorgeous.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My budget is 10k (after taxes and gratuity) for 100-110 people for the venue and we went with Atkinson Country Club. This is also for a Saturday July wedding.There is no room fee and included in the price was a free stay at a resort room the night of the wedding and an hour of open bar.
  • Options
    We have a similar budget for venue food and bar. We booked Church Landing in Meredith. It is absolutely gorgeous and Stacey, the wedding coordinator, has been wonderful to work with. They have full menus and pricing on their website. The only downside is that they require a 10 room block, and any rooms not booked are your responsibility. Luckily we have lots of out of towners... We also considered Castle in the Clouds but decided against it because Harts Turkey Farm is their exclusive caterer and I am just not a fan of their food.
  • Options
    Cocheco Country club in Dover is very budget friendly. We considered them but they can't do an on site wedding so we didn't book with them, but I'll mention them since you said you don't want it on site anyway.  Could do a wedding ceremony at Prescott Park in Portsmouth.

Not sure where their reception facilities are, I imagine they have indoor accomodations.

I've been finding that Country Clubs have very good pricing overall. With such a high attendance, you can probably get them to work within your budget.
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • Options
    I am having my wedding at Brookstone Country Club. The inside is beautiful, and the price is great!
  • Options
    I didn't realize that Harts was their caterer. I like Harts just fine, but I would've expected a place more exquisite I guess? I was interested in Boynton's Taproom (seems like a great space) until I found out they were catered by Fratello's (which i dislike). 

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_new-hampshire-venue-help-with-a-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:101Discussion:2ac4396a-36a6-456b-b3eb-571999266d3aPost:cf157a5c-3cdf-40b9-90ee-93c35f3eb5f1">Re:New Hampshire Venue Help! With a Budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have a similar budget for venue food and bar. We booked Church Landing in Meredith. It is absolutely gorgeous and Stacey, the wedding coordinator, has been wonderful to work with. They have full menus and pricing on their website. The only downside is that they require a 10 room block, and any rooms not booked are your responsibility. Luckily we have lots of out of towners... We also considered Castle in the Clouds but decided against it because Harts Turkey Farm is their exclusive caterer and I am just not a fan of their food.
    Posted by Michlymo17[/QUOTE]
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • Options
    We also booked Church Landing in Meredith.  The place is GORGEOUS, and if you do an off peak day (we are doing a Friday wedding), you can save some money.  The facility fees are a little higher than other places, but the food prices were a lot lower than most of the other places we looked at.  When we priced compared to Promises to Keep or similar places, it came out within a few thousand of those places.  We are on a similar budget, and Stacey at Church Landing has been great with making suggestions.  We did choose to do beer and wine only though to help save some money. 
    Good luck!
  • Options
    Miles Away in Milford. Has gardens and fountains.http://www.mileawayrestaurant.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards