Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

NE Phila Venue - The Regal Ballroom

Has anyone been to or hosted an event at the Regal Ballroom in NE Phila lately? Growing up, I had banquets for sports teams and I remember thinking (even at a young age) that it was pretty outdated. I am pending signature on my contract with another venue downtown @ about $160 per head, and came across the Regal Ballroom’s website randomly and couldn’t help but look into their pricing/availability. With the number of people we plan to have at our wedding, we would save almost $15K on the venue alone switching venues. Their pricing is really reasonable and by the pictures, it looks like they recently renovated and it looks amazing! I am concerned about the location, but thinking that because it is off a main road (the blvd) and they offer complimentary valet parking, that may not be that big of a deal. Although if I go there and feel uncomfortable with the location, it will definitely be a deal-breaker. I am going to schedule a visit, but wanted to see if anyone could provide any feedback in the meantime.

Thank you!!! J

Re: NE Phila Venue - The Regal Ballroom

• The interior is surprisingly nice.  It's much better than you would expect given the exterior and the location.  However, the neighborhood is pretty rough, and that's being polite.  My best advice:  Pull a Google Street View.  It will answer your questions about the neighborhood without needing to make a drive.  From there, you can make a more informed plan.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_ne-phila-venue-the-regal-ballroom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:08ff288e-9dc2-42fb-a0cf-0d63bb097dbcPost:08856046-48ca-448f-b4ae-c5af08d93af0">NE Phila Venue - The Regal Ballroom</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone been to or hosted an event at the Regal Ballroom in NE Phila lately? Growing up, I had banquets for sports teams and I remember thinking (even at a young age) that it was pretty outdated. I am pending signature on my contract with another venue downtown @ about $160 per head, and came across the Regal Ballroom’s website randomly and couldn’t help but look into their pricing/availability. With the number of people we plan to have at our wedding, we would save almost $15K on the venue alone switching venues. Their pricing is really reasonable and by the pictures, it looks like they recently renovated and it looks amazing! I am concerned about the location, but thinking that because it is off a main road (the blvd) and they offer complimentary valet parking, that may not be that big of a deal. Although if I go there and feel uncomfortable with the location, it will definitely be a deal-breaker. I am going to schedule a visit, but wanted to see if anyone could provide any feedback in the meantime.   Thank you!!! J
    Posted by shoegal215[/QUOTE]
  • I heard that they renovated but I havent been there in years. I do agreewith PP, the neighbor is not the greatest. I did contact them regarding prices but after discussing with my FI we both agreed that the neighborhood was too shady. I used to live about 10 mins from there and couldnt wait to get out of the neighborhood.
  • Why not look at ThebPhiladelphia Ballroon. It's beautiful and rather inexpensive. It's owned by P&P
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_ne-phila-venue-the-regal-ballroom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:08ff288e-9dc2-42fb-a0cf-0d63bb097dbcPost:af791bef-eaaa-445e-b61a-55a8c08f07ba">Re: NE Phila Venue - The Regal Ballroom</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why not look at ThebPhiladelphia Ballroon. It's beautiful and rather inexpensive. It's owned by P&P
    Posted by JerseyJolene[/QUOTE]

Do you mean the halls on Southhampton Rd? 
  • No the Philadelphia ballroom is on Hornig Rd and is brand new. It's not listed on thier website but you can see pictures of it on thier Facebook if you search for PP caterers.
  • https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151348395354286.490056.277241509285&type=3

That's nice!!! I contacted them about their other halls but did not know about their new one.
  • Yup that's it! It's clean, modern and has chivari chairs included :. Out wedding is there June 2014. You get lots of food and its really good.
  • Jersey Jalone. Would you mind telling me what the price range is per person. I contacted them months ago and no one got back to me. I went to a wedding there and it was beautiful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards