North Carolina

Need expert alterations pro!

Hello, I am getting married in April. I currently live in Jacksonville, NC and am having the wedding in Charleston SC. I want a good alterations shop to handle my dress because I need to have it taken in quite a bit and Im altering certain details to the dress. I was thinking of taking it to Wilmington, but would go somewhere else if it was within reasonable distance from where I live. Any suggestions??

Re: Need expert alterations pro!

• Everyone here (Raleigh) raves about Olga.  I've already made an appointment with her to do my dress in July.  Here's her info - 8300 Leesville Road Raleigh, NC 27613-1001
    (919) 462-9472
    image180 image85 image8 Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • I will second Olga. She brought my dress in like 2-3 sizes. Between the fabric and pleats - it was not an easy alteration.  She also made a custom veil for me to wear.
  • I also say Olga. She did my dress two years ago and did an amazing job! :) Plus, I found her to be very reasonable price wise :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • NCPsych-  What are Olga's prices like?  I have made my appointments with her, but I don't know what she charges and it makes me a little nervous!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • I just called this morning and made my appointments with Olga.  Everyone on here seems to think she is very reasonable on price, so I guess I will find out come August! I purchased my dress in Charlotte but live in Raleigh (down the street from Olga, as it turns out!) so I am thrilled I only have to make one more trip to Charlotte instead of 3 or 4 for alterations.  Thanks everyone!!
  • Olga did my dress (taken in, hem, complicated bustle, and re-did my buttons) for ~$300. I gave it to her to clean and seal for $175. She's awesome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards