• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
May 2011 Weddings

TGIF!

Happy Friday, ladies!!! 
What's everyone got in store for the weekend?

I work until 4 today. I'd like to go for a walk or bike ride after work, but it's supposed to storm later on. Boo. 
Saturday I work 9-4 at my second job. Then I'll go to Mass. DH wants to smoke fish for dinner. He got this smoker from his mom and he's been obsesed with using it. He smoked 6lbs of cheese already. I don't even like cheese. 
Sunday I work my second job again, 9-5. I probably won't do much after. Read! I gotta read 100some more pages of Outlander for my buddy read. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my read shelf:
Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: TGIF!

• Morning ladies :)

I've got work today and then DH and I think are going grocery shopping.  I also have to make a batch of Chex Mix tonight for a get together I'm going to tomorrow.  I've never made my mom's recipe so hopefully it turns out well!

Tomorrow I'm going to a get together and then Sunday I'm going to Chicago (I come back Monday).  It should be pretty busy!

jlq - how are you liking Outlander?  I've seen so many positive reviews about it but I don't feel like I would like it for some reason.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • E - Sounds like you have a full weekend! 
    Outlander is alright. It started off super slow and I almost put it down and didn't pick it back up. It's picked up for me, now, but nothing that I'm like "ohmygosh I have to read this entire book right now". But I'm enjoying it overall. 

Degrea!! how was your concert last night? 
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Morning.  This whole Boston Marathon bombing thing is really effecting me.  I won't go into all the reasons why because they're mostly personal, but seeing the pictures of Boylston St bloodied and in shambles is like looking at the street I live on.  I lived right there for two and a half years  I know Boylston, Newbury, and all the cross streets backwards and forwards.  After Philly, it's the city I know the best and consider a home.  I worked at one of the hospitals that has victims (Brigham and Women's).  A large part of me wants to be up there, right now, helping everyone out.  Hopefully the drama is almost over, but with Suspect #1 still out there, who knows how it will end.
  • Morning!!

Busy Busy E!! Enjoy!
    JLQ - thats funny about the smoker. DH would love one for sure!!!!

Our weekend isn't too busy. We'll be going to the farmers market tomorrow morning. Charlie and I will be up early to drive DH to work for 7 so we can have the car for the day (BOO EARLY MORNINGS ON WEEKENDS!)  We'll also have to buy some cards for wedding showers (I have one on Sunday) and will likely pick up the wedding ones too.  5 weddings from June-September for us! Yeah! Sunday we also  have a business meeting. DH and I started a little business with friends of ours. It's been going well and we're excited for it.  We will also be up early for Mass on Sunday (again BOO!) and then Sunday night we're hanging out with BIL and his gf. 

I also want to get some spring cleaning done. Yeah!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • joy - It is so crazy to hear about what is happening. I am constantly shocked by what people are capable of. It blows my mind. I can't imagine what it feels like to be there or to have such a connection to the city.  I hope it all gets sorted out ASAP!  I keep praying for everyone! 
  • Good to know jlq, I guess I won't hurry up and read it then.

Joy - I'm right there with you being freaked out.  I was watching the Today Show this morning and they replayed in an interview from someone who lives in the apartment right above the shooting.  Turns out, it's the brother of one of my really good friends from highschool.  Thankfully he's ok, but his sister shared his twitter feed and there are pictures of bullet holes in his computer chair and wall behind his desk.  Not to mention the video where you can hear gun shots, pictures of the bomb squad etc.  Thankfully he's ok.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • E - that is soooo crazy! I am glad he is ok!! Oh man I cannot imagine!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2011-weddings_tgif-50?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:645Discussion:a8eca12f-25c7-4d8d-9d13-7166ad335172Post:902cd580-3837-4f80-bd3d-9f47c2f12c5a">Re: TGIF!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good to know jlq,<strong> I guess I won't hurry up and read it then.</strong> Joy - I'm right there with you being freaked out.  I was watching the Today Show this morning and they replayed in an interview from someone who lives in the apartment right above the shooting.  Turns out, it's the brother of one of my really good friends from highschool.  Thankfully he's ok, but his sister shared his twitter feed and there are pictures of bullet holes in his computer chair and wall behind his desk.  Not to mention the video where you can hear gun shots, pictures of the bomb squad etc.  Thankfully he's ok.
    Posted by LaBellaVita23[/QUOTE]

I totally don't agree with this. Read it! The first 50 pages were slow, but once I got past those, I couldn't stop reading it. I loved it. And then I couldn't wait to read 2-6. I'm still on #7 like 2 years after it was published, but I will eventually get back to it and plan on buying 8 when it's released in December.
    Anniversary
  • Bullet holes in your computer chair?  Oh no no no.

I should clarify - I'm not afraid of it happening somewhere else and I'm not afraid of terrorism.  It's not like this has left me scared - it has just left me with this huge gaping wound, instead.  I feel like part of my life, part of something very personal to me, has been attacked.  It makes me angry and sad.  I'd feel the same - if not more so - if part of Philly was attacked.  It's hard to explain.

• The concert was amazing! Seger played for an 1 and 45 min and Joe Walsh for 45 min. We had a lot of fun! My dad rocked the air guitar most of the concert, LOL! I am exhausted though. We didn't get home till midnight and I slept like crap. Thanks for asking!

Tonight I have to finish those cupcakes. Tomorrow is the party! I bet my niece is all excited! We don't have any plans for Sunday probably more painting. Have a lovely weekend everyone!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • I get you Joy.  :::hugs:::

Kris - maybe I'll take another look at it :)

Degrea - what are you painting now?  Is it the same hallway?

Ugh this day could not get worse.  I called the vet this morning because we had a bit of a scare with Bella last night.  Bascially she was sleeping on my lap at about 8ish and all of the sudden she made this snorting sound and went completely still.  Her eyes were rolled back in her head a bit (but it's hard to tell with a cat) and her mouth was open.  We started shaking her to wake her up but she wouldn't move for about 20-30 seconds.  Then DH clapped really loudly and shouted at her, and she finally woke up.  She was a bit out of it for awhile but then went back to being normal Bella.

They want us to bring her in ASAP so now I'm home waiting for her appointment at 11.  I had to leave work and while my boss was very understanding (she's awesome), I can't help but think she thinks I'm a bit looney.  She knows how much we love Bella but she's not an animal person so I don't think she gets it.

Ugh, if this is how scary it is for a cat, I can't even imagine how it would be for an actual child.
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
  • Thank you, EE.  It helps just hear someone say "I get what you're saying."  I feel on my own planet these days between the Boston thing and stuff with the apartment/house.  Jay tries to get it, but mostly he tries to tell me not to worry and it'll get better.  I just want to hear "I understand." 

I'm sorry about Bella!  It almost sounds like a seizure...  Children can have seizures where they simply stare off for a minute or so.  You can't move or wake them until it's over.  Sometimes I think I can't handle a kid.
  • E, that's scary! I hope Bella is okay! Let us know what the vet says!

Yes, kids are scarier. You question every sound they make and wonder if it's normal. One day Chase gasped for breath and I thought he was choking on something. I even almost attempted to give him the heimlich. He was teething and had extra saliva so he choked on it. That's my best guess. Scared the crap out of me.
    Anniversary
  • E that is so scary! my animal story is my pet rabbit died while I was out of my apartment one day. I had blocked him in a tiny hall way outside my bedroom and bathroom. I came home and found him and freaked out and stayed in my kitchen call dh, then we were just engaged. I made him leave work to come and get the bunny off my floor.  His coworkers think I am a looney!!

Parenthood is stressful! Like Kris said suddenly everything you question. But the good news is the awesome parts out weigh the scary/bad stuff times a million. 

• We're back from the vet.  All of Bella's vitals and bloodwork checked out normal.  So yay for that!  But it's still unsettling because we don't really know what happened.  Hopefully it was just a one time thing!  Thank you for your thoughts everyone :)
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
  • Joy: I think I get what you are saying. When the plane crashed in Clarence I think I felt the same way. Like part of me wouldn't be whole again.

E: So glad Bella check up went well! Fingers Crossed for no more repeats. Yes it is the same hallway. It is a long hallway and because we had to two colors it takes awhile, plus wallpaper glue removal took forever. A lot of the times when I said painting it was more like prepping for paint or removal of glue than actually painting. Funny thing after this last coat we will still have down the basement stairs and the half wall to paint. I feel like it will never be done.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • E - That's scarry about your cat! It sounds like she had a seizure.Hopefully they figure out what it was! I have a resident that has seizures like that. And she also has the kind where she just goes blank and stares off into space and won't respond or move until she comes out of it. Scary! 
    Also, E, I still stand by what I said about Outlander. I don't think you should rush to read it. We generally like the same books and I don't think you're missing anything. It's a good read, but like I said, no rush. 

Degrea - Glad the concert was fun! 

Echo - What kind of business did you guys start? 
    my read shelf:
  • JLQ - it's sort of a random business in many ways. Basically we started it when we realized that eating healthy and the diet we follow (paleo) isnt cheap.  We wanted to get things cheaper and figured why not help others too.  Right now we have partnered with a farmer and are delivering organic food to people in our city during the summer months. We have also partnered with a local bee farmer and sell honey and bee products. In addition we are looking into creating an online store with supplements, and other food items (gluten free stuff). Our goal isn't to make money but make it accessible for people like us and we will offer it all at a smaller mark up than most businesses seem to in our area at least.  It's kind of exciting. Our first delivery for the summer produce is likely to happen on our anniversary (May 21). A great anniversary gift lol 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2011-weddings_tgif-50?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:645Discussion:a8eca12f-25c7-4d8d-9d13-7166ad335172Post:bdfb2a08-534c-4ae5-b5d0-c417ba22060d">Re: TGIF!</a>:
    [QUOTE]JLQ - it's sort of a random business in many ways. Basically we started it when we realized that eating healthy and the diet we follow (paleo) isnt cheap.  We wanted to get things cheaper and figured why not help others too.  Right now we have partnered with a farmer and are delivering organic food to people in our city during the summer months. We have also partnered with a local bee farmer and sell honey and bee products. In addition we are looking into creating an online store with supplements, and other food items (gluten free stuff). Our goal isn't to make money but make it accessible for people like us and we will offer it all at a smaller mark up than most businesses seem to in our area at least.  It's kind of exciting. Our first delivery for the summer produce is likely to happen on our anniversary (May 21). A great anniversary gift lol 
    Posted by echo136[/QUOTE]
    That sounds neat! 
    my read shelf:
  • Good news ladies.

On the whole questioning everything when you become a mother.

You stop questioning yourself so much as they get older. I promise.

Joy, you can handle it.

As for the whole Boston thing I have kept most of it from the kids. they know there was a bombing. But I wanted to wait till they were found to tell them about all the rest. I will be having that talk today.

Thursday, May 5th, 2011
    Ask me stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards