Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Dear The Knot....

I'm really over the Macy's add popping up ever time I go into a thread.  Can we please stop those?

TYIA,

Lyndausvi

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: Dear The Knot....

• Options
    I will try to get them to stop...they did the last time I asked so hopefully it will work when I ask again this time.
  • Options
    I use to get them once in a while.  Mostly the first time I log in for the day.   NBD.

Today it's non-stop.  Every post I go into, then sometimes when I reply to a post.   

Have a great Easter.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    If you use firefox as your browser just download adblock. It's free and I never have to see any adds.The only addvertisement on the whole site that I see is for the knot wedding shop personalized gifts and that's just over to the side.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm ok with the same ad at the top over and over.  It's when the ad invades the screen like some kind of extra nosey alien invasion that I'm like "Noooo, take my neighbors fiiiiirst!!!"
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_dear-the-knot?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ac3dcc67-a42b-4ebd-a607-63da2d49ec04Post:3955af15-fa99-4d62-a532-6395073e5153">Re: Dear The Knot....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm ok with the same ad at the top over and over.  It's when the ad invades the screen like some kind of extra nosey alien invasion that I'm like "Noooo, take my neighbors fiiiiirst!!!"
    Posted by Peledreamsofrain[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Exactly.  When I hit "reply to this post" I want to.. you know.. reply to the post.  Not have a Macy's ad pop-up.</div><div>
    </div><div>The other ads are fine. </div>

• Options

further cosigned, me.

I am so sick of it. I click it constantly by accident too.

image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    Very annoying!   Pele...hahahaha! 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Also cosigned.  I'll even take those weird pop-up-when-you-accidentally-scroll-over ads over the pop ups that we've had lately.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    The Adblock extension for Chrome is a godssend. I never see any ads ever!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you are Firefox users, a great addon is Adblock Plus.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    Chrome has "Better Pop-Up Blocker" add-on.  It works like a CHARM.
  • Options
    Another cosign.
  • Options
    Thanks, Irene! It's driving me nuts, too. 

Also, is there anything we can do to close the Knot Live chats if we are not participating? It makes it really hard to navigate the boards when they are on.
  • Options
    KnotIreneKnotIrene admin
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_dear-the-knot?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ac3dcc67-a42b-4ebd-a607-63da2d49ec04Post:c2af5cf1-02cc-48a7-9ab4-8ca1baa60edb">Re: Dear The Knot....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks, Irene! It's driving me nuts, too.  Also, is there anything we can do to close the Knot Live chats if we are not participating? It makes it really hard to navigate the boards when they are on.
    Posted by AndreaJulia[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't know what it would take, but I know it's hard to deal with...if I leave the computer for a minute all of a sudden it starts up and it sounds like all sorts of people are in my house!</div><div>
    </div><div>I will inquire.</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA  I just figured out if I turn my sound down/off when it starts I don't bash my head against the wall.</div><div>
    </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards