Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

engagement photo meltdown

Hi everyone. I'm looking for some advice. I took engagement photos with my photographer both in studio and outdoors recently. I am extremely disappointed with how they turned out. Not with his photography bit with how I looked in them. I don't know what happened but what I saw in the mirror before I left the house and what I saw in the pics were different. It was probably my choice in outfit that photographed poorly and my hair ended up really flat in the pics. At this point I don't like a single pic and won't be ordering any of them. I don't know what to do? Our plan was to have some of the pics at the beginning of our wedding album but now I don't want that. Any advice?

Re: engagement photo meltdown

• Options
    You can either redo them or just not have them. I feel your pain, though. I usually HATE myself in pictures and get really self-conscious about it. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_engagement-photo-meltdown?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:a7c0b622-79a1-4f46-aafb-9df1f7f07a98Post:e239f20c-4412-4e6a-b639-fcf962495d95">engagement photo meltdown</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone. I'm looking for some advice. I took engagement photos with my photographer both in studio and outdoors recently. I am extremely disappointed with how they turned out. Not with his photography bit with how I looked in them. I don't know what happened but what I saw in the mirror before I left the house and what I saw in the pics were different. It was probably my choice in outfit that photographed poorly and my hair ended up really flat in the pics. At this point I don't like a single pic and won't be ordering any of them. I don't know what to do? Our plan was to have some of the pics at the beginning of our wedding album but now I don't want that. Any advice?
    Posted by plesnial[/QUOTE]

<div>Don't worry about it.  I've never actually seen engagement photos in a professional wedding album.  You will have way too many wedding photos to pick between anyway that you won't have space for engagement photos.  :D</div>
  • Options
    Contact your photographer and explain that you just aren't happy. You just do not like them. They should redo them for you bc they want you happy... And they usually do not have a problem if they are customer service friendly. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards