March 2014 Weddings

Progress!!

Just had the most productive weekend with my fiance!!!

We had the venue, DJ, and dress picked out last month

But this past weekend we nailed down the caterer, photographer, officiant, and bakery!!

Now just the final decision on the florist! and of course all the million little details!

:-) Had to share!

Re: Progress!!

• I haven't really started thinking about the million little details until I went to a wedding this past weekend. Now I'm starting to sort of freak out about them. Heh.
  • Awesome!  You have gotten a lot done! 
  • You're doing awesome! I feel like such a slacker haha. The days are ticking by fast.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You're making great progress!  If you don't mind me asking, where in SC are you getting married?  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yay!  we are pretty much done with the big plans.  My fiance's dad, stepmom, and mom are hosting the rehearsal dinner, so that's on them to sort out.

we've done:
    venue
    cake
    caterer/bar/drinks/linens/tables
    officiant
    musician for ceremony and cocktail hr.
    ipod playlist for reception
    dress
    photographers
    classic car rental
    hotel block
    wedding website
    stationary (STD, invite, menu, printed reception playlist) designed, wedding logo designed
    favor bags
    engravable guest book picture frame
    program designed
    hair designed
    makeup artist booked
    florist
    female attendant dresses

still have to do
    men's attire and favors
  • OMG...I haven't started anything quite yet, we looked at venues but haven't book anything yet. I guess i should start, I thought i'd start at the 10 month mark...should i start now? when is a good time for dress shopping?
    March 8, 2014 is our date :)

• Don't worry, northern bride. I live in Northern NJ, where most venues tend to book up 18 months in advance but have had several friends plan beautiful weddings in less than 8 months. I found that once I had my venue contract signed, everything else just seemed to fall into place.
  • Thanks... I think I'll book the venue that we liked this week. Just to be sure, then... like you said, hoping the rest will fall into place.
    Good luck everyone...less then a year now!!!! wooohooo!!!
  • Silver: Wedding is in Charleston, SC
    Ella and Pedro: Thats awesome!!! your on a roll!!
    Northern Bride: depends completely on where you are getting married. As my hometown is in Charleston, SC - a wedding destination - Everything including vendors book a year out or more so I had to be proactive on some of the big things.  I'm hoping things are going to calm down now for a bit

Good luck everyone!!!!
  • SDNYSDNY member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Woohoo! 

We just booked our photographer so now we've got - venue, photographer, dj, dress, save the dates, invites (not in possession but designed and all that) and wine. We're in negotiations with caterers before we sign a contract.

•  

It's nice to see such lovely support amongst women. I am very grateful, and know I shall be even moreso as time gets closer and crunch time approaches!
  • Siobhan, Charleston is one of the most beautiful places (especially for a wedding)!  I was originally considering getting married near Pawleys Island or Mt. Pleasant (my parents live near PI), but the thought of planning a wedding in SC while living in NJ made me panic, lol.

• Silver- Thanks so much!!! I know Pawley's well :-) and I think planning a wedding long distance would be crazy stressful! I'm planning mine only 2 hours away and thats hard enough for me!
  • I'm on top of things now...booked hall, deposit on dj,have my wedding decorator, deposit for honeymoon and found my dress, just have to order my size. I still need an officient and my groom still needs a suit. So pleased with myself....now thats prgress. Hope everyone else is doing alright. 
  • We have
    Officiant
    Venues
    Florist
    Hair/makeup
    Bakery
    Hotel
    STD's
    Invites
    Photographer
    Dress
    Suits