June 2014 Weddings

How Did you Pick Your Colors?

So how did you pick your colors?  This is where we are lost.  Family and friends keep asking and FI and I are not even close.

I don't really have a feeling one way or the other, alot of my favorite ideas were more of a fall wedding.  Now that we are into a Summer wedding I'm just indifferent between color scheme's.  Current contenders are a Navy with Green or Orange accents or Puprles and Oranges. 

I told FI we just need to go to Home Depot, start staring at paint swatches and grab what we like to narrow down choices.  Running joke in the family is that we are getting married on Pride weekend across the street from Pride Fest, why not just do rainbow.  Who knows, it might just happen! Wink

Re: How Did you Pick Your Colors?

• I've seen some rainbow weddings online and they actually looked pretty neat lol.... but we came up with a scheme for a beach/tropical type feel because we will be doing the ceremony on a lakefront beach and I just love the tropical kinds of plants/flowers. 
  • I wanted blue and purple, but when we moved our date we decided that was too wintery. Green in FI's favorite color and we had talked about an outdoor wedding, where that would be nice. It's an indoor wedding now, but we stuck with green and I like the way rose/blush pink accents that, so we landed with pink and green.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My fave is purple, his is green and orange is a fun, vibrant, young, overall hap colour... Wasn't too hard for us. You don't have o have specific colours if nothin sticks out to you
  • We're doing Royal Blue with silver accents. I'd been thinking about this for awhile before he proposed so it didn't take that long to decide. I know that this color will look good on all of my bridesmaids-some of them have red hair and I know they wouldn't have wanted pink! Later I also realized that these colors reflect the colors of my college. Smile
  • Our colors are pink and white. Pink is my favorite color, and white looks so good with it. FI just went with it, I honestly think he just didn't want to make that decision...LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ...every time FI used to annoy me, I would say "it's okay, you're going to LOVE your pink wedding." When we got engaged, he thought I was still serious, and we wound up with navy with pink accents and mercury glass. Very preppybut not too feminine.

Previously Alaynajuliana

• Decision has been made.  We are going with Navy with brigter green and white accents.  Funny we had a harder time picking a bathroom paint color than choosing wedding colors.
  • I had a bit of a process in choosing colours... I looked around our house and my clothes and other things we owned and I sort of started seeing a few patterns. I found inspiration in little things, too, like a turquoise and chocolate brown make up bag and our grey sofa with orange accent pillow. Eventually, I narrowed it down to three colour themes: tangerine and grey; turquoise and brown; chartreuse and royal blue. From there, I went onto Pinterest and created three boards, each with its own colour scheme. Seeing a whole bunch of a colour scheme in one place really gave me a better idea of what the entire wedding might look like (I realized the chocolate brown was much too dark). From there, I thought about: season; location; overall wedding theme. Based on all of this "analysis", and conferring with my fiance, we settled on tangerine grey (love!)

Check out my inspiration:

Good luck!
  • I told FI to pick one color he wanted for our wedding and I would go from there. He said "blue" and when I said "Light Blue? Tiffany Blue? Royal Blue?" he responded with "like the crayon blue!" Needless to say I picked the colors after that, with his approval of course;) So it's Navy Blue and Blush for us. Luckily FI likes pink too:)
  • I did the Home Depot thing and now I am more confused LOL.

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2014-weddings_how-did-you-pick-your-colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:cd3555f8-fb3d-4290-b1fe-9de3e9d420b1Discussion:028d5944-c1d0-49f7-bc97-644873c0a193Post:324bc5b3-3400-4313-aa97-2925ec4592d7">How Did you Pick Your Colors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So how did you pick your colors?  This is where we are lost.  Family and friends keep asking and FI and I are not even close. I don't really have a feeling one way or the other, alot of my favorite ideas were more of a fall wedding.  Now that we are into a Summer wedding I'm just indifferent between color scheme's.  Current contenders are a Navy with Green or Orange accents or Puprles and Oranges.  I told FI we just need to go to Home Depot, start staring at paint swatches and grab what we like to narrow down choices.  Running joke in the family is that we are getting married on Pride weekend across the street from Pride Fest, why not just do rainbow.  Who knows, it might just happen!
    Posted by muenginerd[/QUOTE]
  • I just picked my favorite colors 
  • We are doing Tiffany's Blue and white.  I just picked colors I liked.  My Fiance's only request was that our colors didn't include any shades of pink.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've known for a long time that I wanted a blush and gray wedding.  I just recently fell in love with the idea of adding sage green into the mix.  We're having a casual, backyard wedding and I think our color scheme will really compliment the nature :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards