• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2011 Weddings

2011 Recap (stolen from SB)

Favorite memory from 2011?

What happened in 2011that you'd like to say [email protected] you to?

Looking forward to in 2012?

Any NYE plans?
rA Anniversary
Follow Me on Pinterest
100 books in 2012 - progress 35/100 my read shelf:
Missy's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: 2011 Recap (stolen from SB)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2011-weddings_2011-recap-stolen-sb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:649Discussion:b47faeee-3fa3-425d-94a3-1ce5aa123c9aPost:530bc3cc-b9a4-4882-a421-562384bc1e06">2011 Recap (stolen from SB)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Favorite memory from 2011?
    Getting married to my best friend & our awesome wedding and honeymoon <3

My brother continuing to not apologize and my post wedding weight gain.

Any of the following happening:
    - a new job for me OR jon
    - a house OR move
    -TTC

Any NYE plans?
    Jon is working at restaurant so I will be sitting at home, probably reading with a glass of wine.

Posted by sterch1120[/QUOTE]
    rA Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Missy's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • You working today Missy?  I'm at work, and its just me and one other person.  So boring!

Favorite memory from 2011?  Cheesy, but def the wedding.  I also loved my bff's wedding, because it was the first time since college that all 7 of us who had been friends from almost day 1 freshman year were together again.  I get to see most of them individually or in groups of two or three, but we scattered all over North America after grad, so it was fantastic to see everybody together.

What happened in 2011that you'd like to say [email protected] you to?  Mike's back surgery.  Although, all things considered, it wasn't terrible.

Looking forward to in 2012?  We're going to start TTC sometime in 2012 (probably late 2012).  We also have a plan to pay off a lot of debt and refinance the house.  If we could refinance, I would literally start crying.

Any NYE plans?   We're going to a bar/restaurant downtown.  Should be a good time.  Now I just have to figure out what to wear.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • Favorite memory from 2011?  I'll be cheesy too-definitely the wedding. 

What happened in 2011that you'd like to say [email protected] you to? my brother's lack of acknowledgement of my wedding-no call, no text, no gift, no card, nothing. My other brother's level of drunkenness at the wedding. And I'll second the post-wedding weight gain, though I deserve it. I'm behaving very badly.

Looking forward to in 2012?  2 friends (who set us up & were in our wedding) are getting married here in July & there is a b-party in San Francisco planned. Both events should be a blast. I'm saving vacation days & my Christmas bonus for it.

Any NYE plans?   None of my friends are into going to the show I want to go to, so I'm probably going to a dinner/party at a friend's house. H always, always works on NYE, booooo.
  • Favorite memory from 2011?
    Ack too many! Bridal Shower, Bachlorette Party, Wedding, Honeymoon, buying a new car! This year was rather epic.

BIL being a douche and making DH feel like he's unimportant to his own bro.

Consolidating my credit card debt, having a brand new car, going on a girl's weekend away with my best friend and our 1 year anniv cruise! also... the Zombie Apolocolypse. I hear it's gonna be killer ;)

Any NYE plans?
    Potomac River Dinner Cruise... 3 course meal, live band, top shelf open bar, it's gonna be a blast! Super romantic too =)
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Yup :( Its quiet - only 4 out of 11 here - but I am in charge of a dept this week so I am super busy. All I want to do is go home and read one of my new books :)
    rA Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Love - your NYE plans sound awesome.

Dawn - that's shitty of your brother.  Very jealous of your trip to San Fransisco.  A b party there sounds like it would be a blast.

Missy - all I want to do is go home too.  I didn't get any books this Christmas, which is weird, and I haven't jumped on the kindle boat yet, though after seeing everybody write about how great their kindle is, I might have to.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • Dawn - totally my fault too! H and I have been eating soooo badly! One more week then South Beach diet starts next week!
    rA Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest

The Wedding of course, just everyone having a great time!!

My MIL Making me breakdown and cry because of something that she had no say in.

Starting my business, and getting in Shape!!

Any NYE plans?

Yep, going out with a couple of friends and The Hubs! Should be exciting!!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Favorite memory from 2011? running my 1st marathon, promo at work, and wedding!!!

What happened in 2011that you'd like to say [email protected] you to? i think I blocked out anything bad...

Looking forward to in 2012? saving money! we have a goal to get our savings account to a certain level and I think it can be achieved.  It would also be killer if we could pay off my new car

Any NYE plans? we will be in Hawaii, we need to get this figured out ASAP
  • Favorite memory from 2011? Of course, the wedding, ESPECIALLY the honeymoon, and finding out we're having a baby!

What happened in 2011that you'd like to say [email protected] you to? my company. for not promoting me months ago when i deserved it and they needed another full-timer. i have seriously considered switching jobs multiple times, I just love my job too much...

Looking forward to in 2012? BABY. duh. also, H turning 21 in March :P we're trying to go on a cruise or some sort of fancy vacay/babymoon for it.

Any NYE plans? got lucky and only have to work the lunch cruise. so H and I are just going over a family friend's house. i'll probably be laid out on the couch all night, though, because I never feel well.
  • Yes, I now want a kindle too! Maybe for my birthday in June lol I just started the first Game of Thrones - sooo good! We watch the HBO show but I wanted to read the books as well
    rA Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • oh, and i LOVE my kindle fire :) it's so nice to have all my books in one place!
  • In Response to Re: 2011 Recap (stolen from SB):
    [QUOTEalso... the Zombie Apolocolypse. I hear it's gonna be killer ;)
    Posted by LoveMuffins[/QUOTE]

Ha!! This made me laugh, it will be Epic!!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
    wedding... duh

anything with my MIL. also, H's unemployment. fuuck unemployment.

H's new job, saving up for a car, moving to a new(bigger) apartment, and saving up for a house! of course it will be a couple years for that one, but i'm actually excited to save up for it!

Any NYE plans?
    a friend of mine is having a party(no alcohol... she's underage and it's at her parents house... plus i will probably have to work in the morning) and then family dinner on the first, kind of a going away for my brother... he's moving the 5th for college!
    H and my road trip to California for a week. 

Uhhh... A few "wives" in H's squadron :] 

Graduating! 

Any NYE plans?
    We hosting a house party this year. yesss :] 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2011-weddings_2011-recap-stolen-sb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:649Discussion:b47faeee-3fa3-425d-94a3-1ce5aa123c9aPost:530bc3cc-b9a4-4882-a421-562384bc1e06">2011 Recap (stolen from SB)</a>:
    [QUOTE]
    Favorite memory from 2011? The wedding for sure!
    What happened in 2011that you'd like to say [email protected] you to? Ah me being unemployed!!
     Looking forward to in 2012? Starting real estate courses in March, also renovating our house, paying off the little bit of credit card debt I have
    Any NYE plans? We are having a party at our house here, I would love to ramp it up a bit, any ideas?
    Posted by sterch1120[/QUOTE]
    my bachelorette party, getting married, buying a house, the weekend in denver, basically, a lot of things.

What happened in 2011 that you'd like to say [email protected] you to?  
    a few classes and teachers that i've had to deal with, the girl who stole my stuff over the summer...

graduating, starting grad school (hopefully), traveling to california and oregon

Any NYE plans? 
    not quite sure. i think we'll be going out friday night, but probably not saturday unless dh wants to. either way, he got some money for christmas and we are going to spend it on a nice dinner and alcohol. 
    Anniversary
  • Kindle fire is sweet! Fav memory: any event wedding related and the time we spent together on our honeymoon. [email protected] 2011: the struggle of h's unemployment and now onto his sh!tty employer. And my landlord of 2.5 years. 2012: buying a house, adopting a dog, and saying bye bye to credit card debt.
    imagetotes-your call/
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Favorite memory: def our wedding. It was better than either of us imagined.                                                                                                                          I  would like to say f**k you to being less than one gpa point away from graduating with distinjction.                                                                                                                                                      In 2012, I'm looking forward  paying off most of our credit cards and putting more money in savings for a down payment on a house. I am also planning on taking the GRE next year and prepping for grad school.                                                                                                                              I'm not sure what we are doing for NYE, but it will probably involve our friends and alcohol. Always a good time. 
    imageAnniversary
    Getting engaged, getting married, and going on our honeymoon!

My mother.  I finally cut her out of my life and COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!

Paying off our credit cards and buying a house!

Any NYE plans?
    Staying home with H, pigging out, playing board games, and getting drunk.  :)
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
    Also getting engaged and getting married
    gaining back all the weight I had lost before the wedding. took me 7 months and gained it back in 3.
    start my photography class and my little girl will starther ballet class, soo excited for that because she LOVES to dance, go to Mexico and visit some old friends, new car, do some fixing and remodeling and have a baby!
    Any NYE plans? 
    having a couple of friends over and have a nice dinner and drinks.
    imageAnniversary
  • Favorite memory from 2011?  Definitely the wedding. Honestly, I spent the entire year planning it and it was one of the best days of my life. There were so many wonderful things for us this year though. H graduated with his MBA and got a great job, we got married, we're finally really settling into our house, and I got a new car.

What happened in 2011that you'd like to say [email protected] you to? Even though I truly feel like all of this has worked out for the better, the car troubles we had over the last 2 months or so were awful. Incredibly stressful and a financial burden. I am happy to have all of that behind us.

Looking forward to in 2012?  Selling the troublesome car H's parents gifted us for the wedding, Getting almost 2 weeks off at the beginning of January, our NZ honeymoon in March!, Saving for a house and *maybe, just maybe* start looking at properties toward the end of the year.

Any NYE plans?   H is headed to a hockey game and then will probably hang out with friends. I have a lot of stuff to do at work because we're starting a major construction project on Jan. 2nd and we're closed for almost 2 weeks at the beginning of the month, so I have to get everything prepared on NYE. I'll be at work allllll day. But the good news is, it's the last work day for a good while! :)
    imageimage
    Marrying my best friend and the sick reception we had.  What a blast that day was!

My MIL not appreciating anything we did for her during her 3-month stay.  Now she realizes after she's gone back to her country.  The murder of my bank account.  It feels so good to be able to save a little now.

Going to Europe this summer for our belated HM!
    TTC - hopefully it happens soon!
    My cousin's wedding.  I'm her MOH!  I'm just scared I'll end up pregnant and can't fit in my dress anymore...
    My business getting out there slowly.  Hopefully I'll get a couple of contracts.

Any NYE plans?
    We're spending it with my best friend.  A quiet night of wine and munchies.  Nothing big this year. 
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi Ladies!!  Don't know if you remember me..... hehe  Missed ya all!  I need to catch up on some stuff I see :)

Favorite memory from 2011?
    There were plenty of super rad things that happened in 2011 - I started a new career, graduated university, got married to the love of my life, and we sold our house and bought a brand spankin' new one!  Wa-hoo!

There was a massive amount of positivity that surrounded 2011 - anything that was difficult was worth it.

Jamaica on Monday!  Moving into our new house on the 24th of January, and getting it looking fab - can't wait!

Any NYE plans?
    We're going to watch the World Juniors game and then go to a fab party!  I cannot wait to put on a cute dress and kiss H at midnight - gonna be awesome!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards