Wedding Etiquette Forum

NER: FIL Update

Some of you might remember I posted a couple weeks back about FIL having two lesions on his brain, they didn't know if it was cancer, etc.

Well the good news is the body scan came back clear, so they don't see cancer elsewhere.

But he does have to undergo brain surgery on April 9. They want to remove both masses and biopsy them to find out what they are. They are still causing swelling of the brain, so they just want to get them out of there. If they're benign, then we're pretty much done with this whole endeavor.

If they're cancerous, they want to do a deep body scan to make sure cancer isn't hiding elsewhere. They said the good news is they are so small, it would've been caught early and they think a light round of radiation or chemo would probably do the trick. It looks like either way, this won't be a drastic situation but still. Brain surgery!

So if you could just continue to keep him in my MIL in your thoughts, that would be appreciated. She has had to deal with this on her own because both sons live OOT (though we are coming back for the surgery) and because FIL can't drive or be left alone by himself, she has had to stay with him 24/7 for the past two weeks, not go to work herself, etc.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation

Re: NER: FIL Update

• Thoughts and prayers coming your way!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Warm thoughts and prayers coming your way.  Given the situation, that has some positive news in there!
  • I'm so sorry your family has to go through this! You will all be in my thoughts.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Good luck and good vibes being sent their way.  I wish you guys all the best.
  • my thoughts are with you, hoping for a good outcome. <hug>
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Thanks, everyone! We went to visit with my in-laws today, and while you can tell they are nervous (who wouldn't be?), they seem to be positive and in good spirits.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Thoughts and prayers coming your way! 
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Thoughts and prayers for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards